WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Pudas - OEL doesn’t work as a pairing.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Jesus christ Berggren and Dahlin

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Nordström in the box might means Garpen is forced to put better forward pairs out there, and hey, Berggren was out there and damn, that was beautiful. idk how that wasn't a goal. And Dahlin was mad at himself for it. :laugh:

Also, Pudas having a real bad game today.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Bad time for Pudas to have a bad game. He was in the front seat to take a spot on the final roster but is playing himself off it. We already have NHL D that have guaranteed sports, Tömmernes is probably ahead of him on the depth chart. Considering OEL, Gustafsson and Dahlin are offensive Ds, Pudas might be the odd man out. Lindholm and Folin probably have better chanses as they are more of stay-at-home guys

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Dahlin, OEL this is a huge upgrade game. Having two more similar strikers, this team can attack the semifinals despite Garpenlöv.

Unfortunately, euro players are quite weak, and even Hallam will do nothing about it. But I ask for a bigger role for Söderblom, in this case I am convinced that he can play in the second attack.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Most obvious cuts Roos, Bengtsson and Pudas?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Jesper Pettersson is an obvious cut also, Bengtsson I think is a grinder of the ilk that Garpen likes, he will remain with the team I think
Forgot about Pettersson, maybe I’d cut Lang before Bengtsson but really doesn’t matter.

Please stop with Tömmernes and Pudas on the PP. I know they probably wanna give Dahlin a soft start but still he’s far and away the best offensive D on the team.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Garpenlöv said in the post-game interview that he would present the preliminary squad tomorrow. So then we will know the cuts and if Swiss players like Lander and Klingberg will be added. We'll see if any players from the SHL finals will be added, that could end tonight. I think the likelihood decrease significantly if it goes to seven games

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Garpenlöv said in the post-game interview that he would present the preliminary squad tomorrow. So then we will know the cuts and if Swiss players like Lander and Klingberg will be added. We'll see if any players from the SHL finals will be added, that could end tonight. I think the likelihood decrease significantly if it goes to seven games
Klingberg has somehow already been confirmed, they didn't want to confirm Berggren nor Bemström too early, but Carl Klingberg out of everybody? HE'S IN, NO NEED TO PLAY PRELIMS! :laugh:

I don't think there's any player that is an improvement on the current lineup out of Färjestad/Luleå. I mean, Omark would be, but he retired years ago from the NT(and why would he choose to come out of that retirement now, instead of for the Olympics?).

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Klingberg has somehow already been confirmed, they didn't want to confirm Berggren nor Bemström too early, but Carl Klingberg out of everybody? HE'S IN, NO NEED TO PLAY PRELIMS! :laugh:

I don't think there's any player that is an improvement on the current lineup out of Färjestad/Luleå. I mean, Omark would be, but he retired years ago from the NT(and why would he choose to come out of that retirement now, instead of for the Olympics?).
Garpenlöv has man crush on Klingberg, I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the squad

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

No, before OEL and Larsson was confirmed, I thought Lennström would be a solid add, but now with 4 NHL Ds there are no place for him. I don't see any forward that would raise the quality of the current squad, more like-for-like.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Garpenlöv is just awful. Just fkn awful.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Klingberg is a an uppgrade over Karlsson/Lang imo. Lander is an uppgrade over Åman/Kellman.

Anton Lindholm have looked surprisingly good. Rather have him than Folin, who cant pass the puck.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Berggren - Kellman - Söderblom
Brome - Lander - Klingberg (this guys have great chemistry, otherwise i would have Lander as 2C).
Nordström - Bengtsson - Friberg
Karlsson, Lang

Dahlin - Larsson
OEL - Gustafsson
Tömmernäs - Lindholm
Roos - Pudas

Hellberg
Högberg
Dansk

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Why isn't EP on the teem, injury ??
From what I've heard from his exit talks, etc, he wants to focus 100% on the next season, work his ass off and come hungry and ready. He might have some injury, be really tired, who knows? Still, it's a damn shame.

No SHL players stand out, they're just clinging onto the ledge with their fingernails in international competition.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
So what is happening? Weren’t they supposed to release the initial roster today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad