WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I'm guessing they are waiting another day, because the SHL finals could be over tonight.
But.. they literally knew that they might be over tonight yesterday when they said they would release the initial roster today? That’s just poor planning and communication.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So what is happening? Weren’t they supposed to release the initial roster today?
Plane leaves in two days, so who knows? They do like their last minute check-ins.

More importantly than the SHL finals: Nashville could be knocked out tonight.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Plane leaves in two days, so who knows? They do like their last minute check-ins.

More importantly than the SHL finals: Nashville could be knocked out tonight.
Forsberg missed 13 games in the regular season, his team loses and is close to being eliminated. He shouldn't be hurt, I don't think he'll be very tired ... could he come? And if Forsberg said yes, Ekholm would at least consider it as well, that would be a huge shift. I know he will be dealing with the future in the summer, but in his case I am slightly optimistic. And if Wild didn't succeed, I'd definitely be interested in Eriksson Ek.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Forsberg missed 13 games in the regular season, his team loses and is close to being eliminated. He shouldn't be hurt, I don't think he'll be very tired ... could he come? And if Forsberg said yes, Ekholm would at least consider it as well, that would be a huge shift. I know he will be dealing with the future in the summer, but in his case I am slightly optimistic. And if Wild didn't succeed, I'd definitely be interested in Eriksson Ek.
Forsberg is an FA, so no I very much doubt it. Ekholm, though, is likely to accept.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Forsbergs contract is expering, he is an UFA. It'll be the biggest contract of his career. I'd be chocked if he came

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Forsberg is an FA, so no I very much doubt it. Ekholm, though, is likely to accept.
I know he's a UFA, but I still want my dream of his launch alive until the last minute. The best option is if Dallas, Tampa and Pittsburgh eliminate their opponents, in which case it can be written that the attack would have quality. So far, those series are one big and bad joke.

The Swedish quality of offensive players from Europe is getting worse every year. I hope I no longer see a coach who would rely on a group of euro players in the offensive.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I know he's a UFA, but I still want my dream of his launch alive until the last minute. The best option is if Dallas, Tampa and Pittsburgh eliminate their opponents, in which case it can be written that the attack would have quality. So far, those series are one big and bad joke.

The Swedish quality of offensive players from Europe is getting worse every year. I hope I no longer see a coach who would rely on a group of euro players in the offensive.
This is the bigger issue. There is NO competition.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Good news. When everyone else sucked against Belarus and Denmark, the 2 nightmare games in last years WC, he was good. A player who gives anything he have and can chip in some offensive.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Garpenlöv loves his grinders. He especially have a crush for De la Rose, Rydahl and Linus Johansson. Would not suprise me if he actually takes them in. Kruger and Lander is not in i assume, since only Klingberg was mention in the article.

Garpenlöv being Garpenlöv:

Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Berggren - Bengtsson - Brome
Rydahl - Johansson - Klingberg
Nordström - De la Rose - Friberg

12 forwards against Czech and Austria, some roster spots open from round 1 (NHL).

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I think with the SHL finals going to 7, I think it'd be a bad idea to add any players from there. I mean game 7 is Thursday evening. They won't be in Tampere for the first game. I don't think any of them is good enough to keep an open roster spot. We need those for NHL reinforcements.

Hopefully we hear about Ekholm soon. There is a chance he can manage to get Tampere before Saturday. Forsberg would be a huge upgrade, but with him being a UFA, I see the chances of him joining to be almost 0.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not likely, but AHL playoffs is being played atm, there is some good Swedes in AHL. I would look at AHL playoffs if i was Garpenlöv.

Alex Nylander, Samuel Fagemo, Filip Hållander, Oscar Steen and Andreas Wingerli are some notehworthy.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Great stuff from Garpenlöv as always just go with your f***ing grinders.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This may be the weakest team Sweden ever. I am wondering why the current Swedish NHL players almost never come to the WCH. Looks like some long-term attitude widespread among them. Compared to any other European hockey nation (FIN, CZE, SUI, GER...), their interest in playing for the NT seems to be extremely low. For years.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Unless of some miracles from some NHL additions from maybe NYR and Nashville this will be a disaster squad. It's still better than the sorry group almost getting eliminated from the A group in a year I've eliminated from my memory, but still, that forward setting is extremely sad to watch. The goalies are "meh" and the defense is very top heavy, but strong.

What happens when a team is weak and only has some top defensemen? We'll see, won't we? Until some later miracle. OEL, Dahlin and Larsson can still gather some attention, they're have prestige, but no one else.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This may be the weakest team Sweden ever. I am wondering why the current Swedish NHL players almost never come to the WCH. Looks like some long-term attitude widespread among them. Compared to any other European hockey nation (FIN, CZE, SUI, GER...), their interest in playing for the NT seems to be extremely low. For years.
Yeah problem with Finnish players is now that they don't want to come, but they are just in a few teams so if they succeed, our NT has trouble getting them because they are still playing big NHL games. Like 80% of Finnish olympic roster is still in the middle of NHL playoffs. The interest is quite high though what I've heard.

Idk why Swedes are not as interested. Finns are nowhere close to Swiss, German and Czech players level interest.

But yea if Ristolainen, Jokiharju and Laine were the three guys we would have on our olympic team from the teams whose season ended before playoffs. I think we are in general just unlucky that they stack up in 1 team like Florida, Carolina, Dallas and Nashville.

I kinda feel bad for Swedes not getting Raymond or Pettersson if they are healrhy. Please show some pride to represent your country. Shame.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Ever? No. Last year was easily worse.
Defense really isn’t bad.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Last year was way, WAY worse than this team.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Did the Buffalo pair Dahlin and Jokiharju fly over the ocean on the same flight? Jokiharju is now placed on covid-protocol...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad