WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Believe in Finland the stress over Aho/Barkov/Hintz/Granlund/Teräväinen/Haula/Kakko/Puljujärvi/Kotkaniemi/Tolvanen... is not lesser issue. Defence Heiskanen/Lindell/Mikkola/Määttä/Lepistö...
The difference is that Finland with bad roster can still play very good and win (Jukka Jalonen). Sweden cant with Garpenlöv.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I mean, what do you expect him to say? "I don't like this team we have, we'll be lucky to get through the group stage".
No, but the problem with him is that he actually belive what he is saying. He really things this is a great forward squad. He loves grinders.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
How the f*** is this covid still a problem? its like a normal cold for f*** sake. we need to move on. corona will always exist. just like many other sickness. whats the point of getting vaccined if we still gonna have this strict corona rules.
Vaccination doesn't make you immune. It helps reduce the levels you get into your body.

And no, it's not just "like a normal cold". Some might be asymptomatic, some might have it like a normal cold, some have it worse: personally between my second, and third dose I got it and became bedridden for a week with high fever, headache, lower stamina and dizziness + lost my smell(still not sure if it's back to 100%, same with my stamina).

D is not as good as it seems. Both OEL and Larsson have regressed a bit. And Erik Gustafsson is horrible.
Larsson hasn't regressed.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
The nightmare keeps getting worse and worse.

Screenshot-15.png
Yikes.

No defense in the world can make up for that coaching.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Would like this D pairings:

Dahlin - Larsson
Tömmernäs - OEL
Lindholm - Pudas

What Garpenlöv will do:

Dahlin - Folin
OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Lindholm

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
Huge games tonight in NHL that most deffinately will affect the amount of players Finland registers tomorrow. What about Sweden. Any dream player Garpenlöv is waiting for?

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Loves grinders, will select grinders over skill, to the point he puts them on 3v3 and 4v4 over skill. He has put up historically bad results with the NT in his very limited time, too.
I see. It would be like Finland but in general Finns are not as skilled as Swedes.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Why you guys have no faith in Garpenlöv?
He had NO prior head coaching experience before this job, and he was given this job not because of competence but because he’s one of ”the boys”.

And his results speak for themselves. It is worth noting however that the federation decided to move on from Garpenlöv after just two years which is almost extraordinary for Sweden.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seiza and FinPanda

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Why you guys have no faith in Garpenlöv?
Imagine a situation where Finland is playing an overtime in the quarterfinals against Canada 3vs3 and the coach will not send you Barkov or Granlund but Lammikko with Bjorninen. And Canada will send Huberdeau and MacKinnon on the ice against you. Grönborg then often put Loui on the ice against Finland ... he thought I had the highest IT in the third period. Ridiculous. I firmly believe that Hallam will not repeat these things, has a successful career as a coach and is well qualified. Garpenlöv had nothing and got two tournaments where one absolutely f***ed up and the other will probably be only a little better.

Reactions: FinPanda

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Looks like Hampus will continue playing in the POs tonight. So should be available if Boston is knocked out(if he declines due to injury that'd be him saying he played through a concussion, which, wouldn't sound great would it?).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So should be available if Boston is knocked out(if he declines due to injury that'd be him saying he played through a concussion, which, wouldn't sound great would it?).
He will decline as a precaution which is fair enough and, let's face it, we would all do in his situation. I doubt players care about "not sounding great" when it's their life at stake.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He will decline as a precaution which is fair enough and, let's face it, we would all do in his situation. I doubt players care about "not sounding great" when it's their life at stake.
It's not Hampus that wouldn't sound great.

It would be the NHL and Boston.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Would like this D pairings:

Dahlin - Larsson
Tömmernäs - OEL
Lindholm - Pudas

What Garpenlöv will do:

Dahlin - Folin
OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Lindholm

It's funny how the Swedes are talking mostly about the defenders for a good reason in the Swedish thread and Finnish in the Finnish thread talk mostly about forwards. Both have good reasons to do so.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Not a single player from the teams playing in the SHL final? Couldn't these have been selected even though they are still playing?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not a single player from the teams playing in the SHL final? Couldn't these have been selected even though they are still playing?
Its a possbility. Last game in that finals is today. WC for Sweden starts at saturday.

But who would be a uppgrade for us? Erik Gustafsson/Lennström is better than Folin/Lindholm/Erik Chicago Gustafsson but i doubt Garpenlöv does that.

Nygård is the fastest player alive, could be useful. But not seeing that Garpenlöv wants him either. Omark is good enough but has retired with Tre Kronor. Andreasson had some problems with injuries so i dont count with him. As i said above, he is gonna go after De la Rose, Linus Johansson and Rydahl if anyone. Perhaps Tomas Monten might convince Garpenlöv to take out Adam Ginning.

Reactions: Seiza

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Its a possbility. Last game in that finals is today. WC for Sweden starts at saturday.

But who would be a uppgrade for us? Erik Gustafsson/Lennström is better than Folin/Lindholm/Erik Chicago Gustafsson but i doubt Garpenlöv does that.

Nygård is the fastest player alive, could be useful. But not seeing that Garpenlöv wants him either. Omark is good enough but has retired with Tre Kronor. Andreasson had some problems with injuries so i dont count with him. As i said above, he is gonna go after De la Rose, Linus Johansson and Rydahl if anyone. Perhaps Tomas Monten might convince Garpenlöv to take out Adam Ginning.

You're probably correct. I would have liked to see both Omark and Nygård, maybe Lennström as well. But the upgrade isn't significant enough to select them for the team I guess.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If we are lucky:

Wallmark - Zibanejad - Eriksson Ek
Asplund - Bäckström - Bemström
Brome - Kellman - Klingberg
Nordström - Bengtsson - Friberg
Söderblom

Hedman - Lindholm
Dahlin - Brodin
OEL - Larsson

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
For all you know they can get their leg broken this evening, there is no point in adding anyone before they can even join the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad