WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What we will probaly see against Austria:

Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Brome - Kellman - Klingberg
Nordström - Bengtsson - Friberg

Dahlin - Larsson
OEL - Gustafsson
Tömmernäs - Lindholm

Hellberg
Högberg

Would Garpenlöv dare to play with only 3 forward lines? Players might get too tired. I hope Söderblom and Karlsson is next in line to be registered.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
What we will probaly see against Austria:

Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Brome - Kellman - Klingberg
Nordström - Bengtsson - Friberg

Dahlin - Larsson
OEL - Gustafsson
Tömmernäs - Lindholm

Hellberg
Högberg

Would Garpenlöv dare to play with only 3 forward lines? Players might get too tired. I hope Söderblom and Karlsson is next in line to be registered.
He said in the interview after the Finland game that it is not a good idea to play short on people when you are playing back-to-back and that maybe if they had a couple of days rest after the Austria game he would've considered it. So we can expect 3 more forwards to be registered before the Austria game. I don't think anyone outside the squad will have time to join. They would have to travel today, feels logistically almost impossible

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I wonder if any of the SHL finals players feel ready already to play against Austria. I understand some want to rest, mourn or celebrate but some might wanna get "right on it". Keep in mind that the players from SHL finals have high tempo in their body, they just where in 7 game series war. De la Rose is probaly the best of the bunch if we are looking at available forwards from the SHL final teams. He is very good at shutting down "star" players. He is miles better than Nils Åman.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Surprising that he plays with only 9 forwards, he must have gotten some positive signals from NHLers plus SHL finalists. I think the fact the mentions the SHL finals a lot suggest that he will bring players from there. I guess Luleå players could join for at least the Sunday games. The Färjestad players...might have to wait for their hangover to dissipate :laugh: He can't possibly plan to play with 9 forwards against Czechia, and even if Eriksson-Ek accepts, it is unlikely he'll be ready to play Sunday night.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Was Garpenlöv in contact with the players during the season and did he have positive news from anyone about the Tampere tournament? Because if they don't call Brodin and JEE now, they don't both have to say yes automatically. I know that Garpenlöv is making mistakes, he also didn't quite manage the Olympiad, but damn, it's not possible for Söderblom to sit in the stands and play Friberg. Austria will play hard, defend and wait for some mistake. And this is where Söderblom would have the chance to succeed, invent something or win the duel and finish it thanks to his skills. Friberg has a limited skill set, not as good as Elmer. I have a bad feeling about that match tomorrow, the only tip would be that Austria will not lose by more than three goals. Something like 4-2 with a goal in an empty goal.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
OEL clearly deserves to be captain and it was an obvious choice Nordström is a headscratcher
Yeah, no real suprises. OEL checks all the boxes, has been captain at the Worlds before, is well respected, on of the better players. Larsson also feels like he fits the bill, veteran and one of the best players on the team. Nordström was the captain for Beijer Hockey Games, so Garpen obviously sees him as on of the leaders in the group.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, no real suprises. OEL checks all the boxes, has been captain at the Worlds before, is well respected, on of the better players. Larsson also feels like he fits the bill, veteran and one of the best players on the team. Nordström was the captain for Beijer Hockey Games, so Garpen obviously sees him as on of the leaders in the group.
But but.. you have to have a pure meat and potatoes player as captain.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If Garpenlöv plays with 3 lines against Czechia then he is truly mad. Czechs is too good, we need full strength.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hhaahahah anyone suprised that Garpenlöv wanted De la Rose and Linus Johansson? I told you guys. I guess he is gonna call in Rydahl now?

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Hhaahahah anyone suprised that Garpenlöv wanted De la Rose and Linus Johansson? I told you guys. I guess he is gonna call in Rydahl now?
Why the hell is waiting for the players from the SHL final? Like DLR or Rydahl now, matches against favorites will decide? If they preferred to think only about the players from the first round of SC. Right now I just want to cry and laugh at the same time.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Why the hell is waiting for the players from the SHL final? Like DLR or Rydahl now, matches against favorites will decide? If they preferred to think only about the players from the first round of SC. Right now I just want to cry and laugh at the same time.
I highly suspect that is the case because the hope for players like Zibanejad and other NHL players joining after the 1st round is infinitely better than some more SHL players. The Swedish team needs better skill players especially at forward and hopefully a NHL goalie. A couple of more NHL D-men also wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Interesting that he asked Omark. Its like Omark is "back" for Tre Kronor but just declined for this tournament, otherwise Garpenlöv would not have asked Omark if Omark has retired from Tre Kronor. Hopefully we see Omark under Sam Hallam.

Do you guys know what is crazy? 38 year old Joakim Lindström would be a uppgrade over many players on this team.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Interesting that he asked Omark. Its like Omark is "back" for Tre Kronor but just declined for this tournament, otherwise Garpenlöv would not have asked Omark if Omark has retired from Tre Kronor. Hopefully we see Omark under Sam Hallam.

Do you guys know what is crazy? 38 year old Joakim Lindström would be a uppgrade over many players on this team.
Garpen asked Omark because he's the best SHL forward. He has already said that he'd try and persuade him, just like he tried for Olympics.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Happy that Johansson and de la Rose declined. We already have Bengtsson, Klingberg, Friberg and Nordström. We don't need more players of that type, we need more skill. I'd rather they just register Karlsson and Söderblom

Reactions: Elias40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad