WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Bäckström is now also facing elimination. But with him struggling with injuries and already having a gold, I don't see him being willing to go to Tampere and carrying this forward group on his back.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Carl Klingbergs playoffs numbers this season are worrying me.

Playoffs70002-1

Thought never forget what he did last WC before he got injured:

SwedenWC221322|

Not likely, put perhaps John Klingberg wants to play with his brother if Dallas gets kicked out. Even if he has no contract. Bemström dont have contract and is playing for exemple.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Andreasson had some problems with injuries so i dont count with him

As far as I’m aware, he’s fully healthy. He played the entire 52 game SHL schedule and the games Andreasson missed these playoffs were due to a) a two game suspension, and b) an undisclosed illness (I think all that’s been said was “he’s felt under the weather”). He played the entire game prior to his illness, was even announced in the lineup one hour prior to the first of two games missed, and has looked fine since returning.

Whether he’d improve the Team Sweden roster or not is a different question, I think he’s a fine player in his own right but it’s hard to know whether he’ll continue his success story without a player like Omark on the national team.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Ok, let me give you an exemple.

We are all hoping for Zibanejad, H.Lindholm, Bäckström, Hedman etc.

Garpenlöv hopes for De la Rose, Linus Johansson, Rydahl.

That says it all.

Screenshot-17.png
I doubt that is the case. The coach would be braindead to not try get the best players. Unless he is a moron?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I doubt that is the case. The coach would be braindead to not try get the best players. Unless he is a moron?
For Olympics he selected some grinders over skill. Last year there were a ton of NHL/AHL tweeners not invited(Bemström, and Asplund both weren't invited funny enough. Same with Högberg+Kellman+Bromé). Berggren he has gone to say he f***ed up not bringing.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Garpenlöv criticises the scheduling of the SHL finals in this article:

I get the feeling he is considering adding some players from the SHL finals. Says he will register the minimum (15 skater + 2 goalies) for the initial registration tonight

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Garpenlöv criticises the scheduling of the SHL finals in this article:

I get the feeling he is considering adding some players from the SHL finals. Says he will register the minimum (15 skater + 2 goalies) for the initial registration tonight
Linus Johansson, Rydahl and De la Rose. Mark my words.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Garpenlövs master plan:

Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Rydahl - De la Rose - Linus Johansson
Brome - Bengtsson - Klingberg
Nordström - Åman - Friberg

3 checking lines.

• Haha
Reactions: king89 and EK47

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Garpenlövs master plan:

Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Rydahl - De la Rose - Linus Johansson
Brome - Bengtsson - Klingberg
Nordström - Åman - Friberg

3 checking lines.
Where is Söderblom? Healthy scratch? :D

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Any idea of power play units?
Dahlin, Bemström, Wallmark + 2
OEL, Gustafsson + 3

Where the others are more than likely players who shouldn't play PP unless Söderblom's in and gets a spot, but he'll prob be relegated to net front as previously if he is.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
To be positive, if we could get just two good forwards from the NHL, this team doesn't look that bad. Imagine if Zibanejad and Eriksson Ek would come. This team looks quite ok compared to the others

Hellberg
Högberg

Dahlin - Larsson
OEL - Tömmernes
Gustafsson - Lindholm
Pudas, Folin

Bergström - Zibanejad - Bromé
Söderblom - Eriksson-Ek - Asplund
Karlsson - Wallmark - Kellman
Friberg - Nordström - Klingberg
Lang, Åman, Bengtsson

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Luxury line-up for the first match. In the power play, all Bemström passes will go to a volley shot, this is perhaps a bad dream. Berggren is not playing, Söderblom is not on the roster..but Friberg and Nordström will still play. These were exactly the problems of the last tournament, a bad start against outsiders and an end in the group. I don't want to watch at all how one person takes all the joy of hockey.

Reactions: EK47

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I think the most egregious is Anton Bengtsson. I don't think he is good enough for this level and we already have players of his mold in the line-up. What has he done to deserve a place ahead of Söderblom? We will struggle to create chances against Austria with this line-up. We have no player that can drive the offence, which was the problem last year as well. A bunch of grinders with a few players who are "finisher" (e.g. Bemström), but no-one who can carry play and create chances. The difference this year is that we have a world class offensive D man in Dahlin. He will have to create from the back-end.

Reactions: EK47

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
For all the complaining about grinders, I don't see any players available in Europe that would be any differance makers. Just look at Luleå-Färjestad game seven. Shots ended 17-17. Players can't hit the net.

Tre Kronor needs top six forwards from the NHL, if they are gonna compete with some of the forwards Canada, Switzerland and Czechia have up front.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What about Omark :sarcasm:
Good enough but he retired from Tre Kronor.

Well, the initial 15+2 players registered

Dansk, Folin, Pudas, Karlsson, Lang, Söderblom and Åman not registered yet. Of course Garpen leaves out creative players like Söderblom and Karlsson so he can have his grinders Friberg, Bengtsson, Nordström and Klingberg!
I just woke up and this is what i see. garpenlöv :mad: . Its Olympic tournament all over again.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think the most egregious is Anton Bengtsson. I don't think he is good enough for this level and we already have players of his mold in the line-up. What has he done to deserve a place ahead of Söderblom? We will struggle to create chances against Austria with this line-up. We have no player that can drive the offence, which was the problem last year as well. A bunch of grinders with a few players who are "finisher" (e.g. Bemström), but no-one who can carry play and create chances. The difference this year is that we have a world class offensive D man in Dahlin. He will have to create from the back-end.
I disagree. Bengtsson have been good in EHT and CL. We will see how he does in WC. I think he will be a good 4th line grinder on this level. He produced quite many points this season in SHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad