WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Did the Buffalo pair Dahlin and Jokiharju fly over the ocean on the same flight? Jokiharju is now placed on covid-protocol...

I am not sure how it works with COVID now. Are they still testing everybody, or just players with symptoms like in the NHL? I don't know.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
So the selection is narrowing, who really stayed in the game? Ullmark, Zibanejad, Lindholm, Andersson and Nylander? If at least two of them said yes, I'd love to.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
But you never know with the Luleå guy, he is always injured somehow

Is he?

He’s missed 18 regular season games over these 4 years he’s been in Luleå, if I can count, and as far as I recall, the time he’s missed hasn’t primarily been due to injuries (don’t think he’s had any ones too major, at least). At most, he missed 6 games over a single regular season in Luleå.

EG has however had a hiatus from the national team (and missed a number of SHL games) over a couple of seasons for family reasons. I think just about when he arrived in Luleå, EG and his partner became parents, and the newborn unfortunately has been ill and needed a so called PEG-tube which meant that EG has been afforded a number of games off, and has chosen to prioritize more time with his family during trying times for them over the national team, which is understandable. He’s spoken about this in an interview.

The reason why he missed the recent Olympics was however due to a positive covid-test.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I really do hope he didn't mean Lias Andersson. Although at this rate I'd maybe consider him.
Of course I meant Rasmus, not Lias. And I've seen weirder things than eliminating Calgary from Dallas.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean Dallas wasn't good this season, got outshot every game against Calgary and got completely dominated in game 4 after taking lead in the series. So, of course, weirder things have happened but in Sweden's case, I'd focus on more realistic targets.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

those forwards.

156.gif

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Karlsson - Kellman - Söderblom
Brome - Bengtsson - Klingberg
Nordström - Åman - Friberg
Lang

156.gif

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
"Truppen vi har tagit ut är stark rakt igenom. Vi har högklassiga målvakter, en rutinerad och oerhört spelskicklig backsida och forwards som både kan grovjobba och bidra med spets. Vi känner att vi kan vara med och utmana alla lag i VM, säger Johan Garpenlöv, förbundskapten för Tre Kronor."

He is insane.

Reactions: king89 and AKQJ

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
Dropping Berggren due to covid is a shock. And in specially in Sweden that has been less strickt/radical on covid policy in general...

Now almost a clear picture of all rosters it is about time to make the initial power rankings of the Worlds. I guess Sweden should be in top 4-5 with current roster.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Dropping Berggren due to covid is a shock. And in specially in Sweden that has been less strickt/radical on covid policy in general...

Now almost a clear picture of all rosters it is about time to make the initial power rankings of the Worlds. I guess Sweden should be in top 4-5 with current roster.
Huh? Our forwards is not even top 10 in the tournament. We are not reaching qf with this shit forwards.

• Haha
Reactions: kudla and Goodman68

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
"Truppen vi har tagit ut är stark rakt igenom. Vi har högklassiga målvakter, en rutinerad och oerhört spelskicklig backsida och forwards som både kan grovjobba och bidra med spets. Vi känner att vi kan vara med och utmana alla lag i VM, säger Johan Garpenlöv, förbundskapten för Tre Kronor."

He is insane.

I mean, what do you expect him to say? "I don't like this team we have, we'll be lucky to get through the group stage".

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Huh? Our forwards is not even top 10 in the tournament. We are not reaching qf with this shit forwards.

"Not even top 10" is probably too harsh. I would say, maybe 6-7th forward group in the tournament. The defense looks good. They should make it to the QF. But I don't expect them to medal.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
"Not even top 10" is probably too harsh. I would say, maybe 6-7th forward group in the tournament. The defense looks good. They should make it to the QF. But I don't expect them to medal.
D is not as good as it seems. Both OEL and Larsson have regressed a bit. And Erik Gustafsson is horrible.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
So the final cuts are
Calle Själlin
Filip Roos
Jesper Pettersson
Fredrik Olofsson
Jontan Berggren (covid)

Did I miss anyone?

The D is perhaps the strongest in the tournament, but the forwards are missing elite skill. We need Dahlin to drive the offence from the backend I think.

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
Believe in Finland the stress over Aho/Barkov/Hintz/Granlund/Teräväinen/Haula/Kakko/Puljujärvi/Kotkaniemi/Tolvanen... is not lesser issue. Defence Heiskanen/Lindell/Mikkola/Määttä/Lepistö...

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad