WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
With all the declines i wonder if Garpenlöv is looking at players such as Fröden. Blidh, Steen, Fagemo, Grundström, Lias Andersson. Some of them dont have contract but neither does Bemström.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Arvidsson is injured and haven't played since the 27th so I'll take a wild guess and say he's not coming.
Best and only bet is Nylander who loves playing for the NT, But this time around I don’t know kinda feels like the players, especially the skilled ones don’t want to play with Garpenlöv coaching.

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
The game against Czechia very much sets the tone for this tournament. If team will put up a fight and find their balls , it may turn out good after all. The level of Swedish hockey is good and the differences in single tournament can make miracles. But yes I agree, the rush to join the team is missing. Garpenlöv does not seem to be the most popular guy among the players...

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, in many cases I think players feel that they don’t want to play for Garpenlöv, not that they don’t want to play for Sweden.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
That was not a team without a plan today. OEL saved them today. When things were slipning out of hand he calmed it down. One of the defensive effort I’ve seen from a single player in the whc from him today. But all the defensemen did well.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
That was not a team without a plan today. OEL saved them today. When things were slipning out of hand he calmed it down. One of the defensive effort I’ve seen from a single player in the whc from him today. But all the defensemen did well.
Han, Larsson, Dahlin och Gustafsson räddade laget från att ha en riktig Kalle Anka-stämpel. Men ja, han spelade jävligt bra ikväll.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Tömmernäs- Lindholm was also good. No one was bad honestly. Får vi skriva på svenska här nu?
No, I messed up. I'm still not convinced Tömmernäs and Pudas are national team quality D-men, but sure, they had a solid game. A little bit too much puck against the glass back to the Czech team from Tömmernäs though.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
No, I messed up. I'm still not convinced Tömmernäs and Pudas are national team quality D-men, but sure, they had a solid game. A little bit too much puck against the glass back to the Czech team from Tömmernäs though.
Honestly liked Tömmernes a lot when they paired him up with Larsson.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Should Nylander play center if he comes? It's not like the center group is stacked.
Probably not a bad idea rather they play him at wing first if he were to join though.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Pettersson is underrated and would be a nice add.

Peterson, idk, he is better than Åman at least.

We have 5 skater slits open, I am assuming it will 2D + 3F.
Does not goalies count in? We have 2 goalies registered right now, we need 3.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Does not goalies count in? We have 2 goalies registered right now, we need 3.
I think the rule is 3G + 22 skaters = 25 total
We have 17 skaters and 2G registered, so we can add 5 skaters and one goalie. With Markström going through, I think Dansk will be registered as #3. Is Ullmark really that much better than Hellberg/Högberg that it is worth to fly him in mid-tournament and risk disrupting team chemistry?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Pettersson is underrated and would be a nice add.

Peterson, idk, he is better than Åman at least.

We have 5 skater slits open, I am assuming it will 2D + 3F.
Peterson would be a good add. He's better than not just Åman but I'd say he's better than every forward on the current roster, which you'd see more clearly in the NHL if he didn't play under Bowness.

Pudas will be added.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hampus Lindholm declines. And Hagelin has been injured a long time, so he is not a option. Also Adrian Kempe will not come, he is listed as "no contract" at Swehockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad