WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Assuming we get no more additions, I'd like to see something like this:

Berggren - Wallmark - Bemström
Bromé - Asplund - Karlsson
Lang - Kellman - Söderblom
Nordström - Bengtsson - Friberg
Olofsson, Åman

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I really don't understand the obsession some coaches have with Friberg.
Jonas Andersson is Jerking himself of thinking about him judging by his comments during this game

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I know Söderblom is big but maybe Garpenlöv should look a bit at why Frölunda put him as a shooter and not net-front.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think the biggest question this year is if Garpen does get a gold this year, will he still go down in history as the worst coach to ever coach Sweden? At least in the last 50 years.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I think the biggest question this year is if Garpen does get a gold this year, will he still go down in history as the worst coach to ever coach Sweden? At least in the last 50 years.
If we somehow managed to win, it will be despite of Garpenlöv, not because of him. Bengt-Åke Gustafsson was not a good coach for Team Sweden, yet we managed to win a best-on-best Olympics. But when you have strong experienced leaders like Sundin, Forsberg and Lidström on the ice, the need for good coaching is not necessary.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Boston down 2-0 against Canes.

Looks like Lindholm is done for the season, so only Ullmark to get from there.
I would take Oscar Steen. He is better than Kellman.

Nordström, & Själin have been really bad.
The problem is that Nordström is playing on the top line. He should play on the 4th line and only have checking-duties.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Garpenlöv…

Just wait this is nothing he’ll probably pair Dahlin up with Folin. Or worse
The idea with Folin is that he is a physical d-man who is calm with the puck. He can be a daddy for Dahlin just like he is for Edvinsson. But Folin is horrible everytime he plays for Tre Kronor. Its too high level for him. We really need Erik Gustafsson (Luleå) and Lennström.

Lang is a player that have really impressed me. I thought he was just a warm body for the initial games, but he has consistently been one of the best players in each round of games and really deserves a spot in the final squad. Him and Söderblom look good together today
Yes he has been good, but he is not a guy who produces points. If we somehow could get Jesper Fröden i would prefer him over Lang.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The idea with Folin is that he is a physical d-man who is calm with the puck. He can be a daddy for Dahlin just like he is for Edvinsson. But Folin is horrible everytime he plays for Tre Kronor. Its too high level for him. We really need Erik Gustafsson (Luleå) and Lennström.
He is physical sure but he is also far and away the worst dman on the ice apart from maybe själin.

Dahlin should play with Larsson. Simple as that. OEL is smart and experienced enough to handle someone like Gustafsson(Chicago)

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He is physical sure but he is also far and away the worst dman on the ice apart from maybe själin.

Dahlin should play with Larsson. Simple as that. OEL is smart and experienced enough to handle someone like Gustafsson(Chicago)
No, thats the problem with him, he is not physical in Tre Kronor. He cant keep up. He has 2 more games to show that he can, or he should be cut.

We have the wrong Gustafsson. The Luleå one is alot better.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The forward lineup is so mediocre it physically hurts me to even look at their names. I guess this team won't win many games with "skönlir". And with that coach I don't see how that will be even possible.

I think it'll be really interesting to see how much some real quality D-men can help a mediocre team and coach to win games.

Last edited:

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
What has actually changed since 2017 or 2018? Back then, coach Grönborg had good relations with NHL players, was he able to get them on the team, and did Garpenlöv throw all this away? I can understand that players without a contract do not want to take risks, or the club will not recommend them to start. But there are exceptions, Vrana was without a contract and yet he came to help the Czechs. One does not see a similar willingness among Swedish players, especially those who have not played so much for Tre Kronor. Not veterans like OEL, Larsson or Kempe. So why do they have such an approach to representation? This can be clearly seen on the example of the Czechs, they have the last medal from the World Cup in 2012, which is nine years of nothing. They are frustrating, one would expect them to stop being interested but they are not true. They already have seven players and they can still wait for the first round. Sweden may be in the competition of Germany or Switzerland for the second year in a row without a medal, may it be the necessary impulse for them to want to come again? I believe that relations with Hallam will improve and I will again see the quality of the NHL and perhaps one attack only from Europe.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
What has actually changed since 2017 or 2018? Back then, coach Grönborg had good relations with NHL players, was he able to get them on the team, and did Garpenlöv throw all this away? I can understand that players without a contract do not want to take risks, or the club will not recommend them to start. But there are exceptions, Vrana was without a contract and yet he came to help the Czechs. One does not see a similar willingness among Swedish players, especially those who have not played so much for Tre Kronor. Not veterans like OEL, Larsson or Kempe. So why do they have such an approach to representation? This can be clearly seen on the example of the Czechs, they have the last medal from the World Cup in 2012, which is nine years of nothing. They are frustrating, one would expect them to stop being interested but they are not true. They already have seven players and they can still wait for the first round. Sweden may be in the competition of Germany or Switzerland for the second year in a row without a medal, may it be the necessary impulse for them to want to come again? I believe that relations with Hallam will improve and I will again see the quality of the NHL and perhaps one attack only from Europe.
Hellberg is a UFA.

Janmark played when he was an RFA and needed crutches to fully walk. UFA now so different situation.

I'm surprised Rask didn't accept. UFA and could've used the tournament to showcase himself, which would be good for him considering the nosedive his career has taken ever since his hand injury.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The question is if there is any forwards left in Europe to make this team better. Omark yes but he probaly dont want to. Is Andreasson good enough and injuryfree? Would Kruger, Lander and Klingberg really be a uppgrade over anyone? What about Nygård and Rydahl? Viksten...?

Lander and Klingberg have horrible stats in NLA playoffs....not good. Brome - Lander - Klingberg had awesome chemistry in OG and EHT tournaments.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The forward lineup is so mediocre it physically hurts me to even look at their names. I guess this team won't win many games with "skönlir". And with that coach I don't see how that will be even possible.

I think it'll be really interesting to see how much some real quality D-men can help a mediocre team and coach to win games.
It’s not really possible. I feel bad for OEL and Larsson who have accepted invites a million times. What you can hope for at this point is basically the first round exits I.E a miracle.

It will however be fun to see Dahlin suit up. Such an underrated defenseman. Some people are still under the impression that he’s a bust. Which is ridiculous.

Even with a couple mig really good additions I think maybe a semi finals AT BEST. The coaching is not gonna be nearly good enough. It’s not even Garpenlövs fault to begin with, why would the federation hire a head coach for the most important team that has no previous head-coaching experience? That is just too stupid to explain.

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
The question is if there is any forwards left in Europe to make this team better. Omark yes but he probaly dont want to. Is Andreasson good enough and injuryfree? Would Kruger, Lander and Klingberg really be a uppgrade over anyone? What about Nygård and Rydahl? Viksten...?

Lander and Klingberg have horrible stats in NLA playoffs....not good. Brome - Lander - Klingberg had awesome chemistry in OG and EHT tournaments.
I agree, I don't think any Euro player will be significant upgrades over what is already on the roster. We need to hope for Zibanejad, Nylander or Bäckström. This team would've looked so much better with Pettersson and Raymond. Really disappointed they declined

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I agree, I don't think any Euro player will be significant upgrades over what is already on the roster. We need to hope for Zibanejad, Nylander or Bäckström. This team would've looked so much better with Pettersson and Raymond. Really disappointed they declined
Based on previous history, Nylander is probably most likely to come. And that would obviously be huge. I feel even more confident in Nylander performing well than I do Zibanejad or Bäckström. Nylander has been by far the best player in the tournament twice at the Worlds.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I know he didn’t have a great season this year but any chance William Eklund gets an invite? To be fair to him Djurgarden was a mess.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I know he didn’t have a great season this year but any chance William Eklund gets an invite? To be fair to him Djurgarden was a mess.
0. If he would be invited he'd be invited weeks ago to play in the preliminary tournaments to battle for a spot.

Which is a shame as he's currently more skilled than nearly all, if not all, forwards that are currently on the preliminary roster, which is lacking in skill.

Reactions: Dala

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, he is probaly better than Kellman and Åman. I would not be angry if he was on the team. But he wont get invited.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swiss have added Meier and Hischier for tomorrow. They won over Finland in Finland without them. We are gonna get smashed.

Reactions: jaro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad