WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Can you tell eye of ra that :D
Well 2 golds and 1 bronze in the 3 last u18 WJC speaks for itself. But we have not had the same success last years in u20 WJC. Its probaly Montens fault. We will see when Hävelid takes over.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Well 2 golds and 1 bronze in the 3 last u18 WJC speaks for itself. But we have not had the same success last years in u20 WJC. Its probaly Montens fault. We will see when Hävelid takes over.
Not probably, but it's definitely Monten's fault. The 2020 WJC team was the dream team. I consider the third place a failure, it was a team for gold, to this day it scares me to sleep.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ok lets face it. Erik Gustafsson (Chi) will have a spot among the 6 starting d. Even if i dislike him as a player.

OEL - Larsson.
Dahlin - Folin
Gustafsson - Gustafsson
Pudas - Tömmernäs

Would not that be comedy of higest level if Erik Gustafsson Luleå is paired with Gustafsson Chicago? But you never know with the Luleå guy, he is always injured somehow. So its probaly gonna be Lennström instead. If Garpenlöv goes with Roos/Lindholm/Själin/Pettersson in WC then he is truly crazy.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

Johnsson declines. Now we'll have to wait until teams drop out of playoffs for more NHL players.
Not a huge loss, I mean he would probably be one of the better forwards on the roster, but he will not push the needle for this team in any direction.

We have a medal contending D now, but we need high end skill on the forward side.

- Lindholm would be nice, but I can't see Dallas knocking out the Flames.
- Same with Landeskog and Colorado.
- Adrian Kempe has an expiring contract, so he is unlikely.
- Arvidsson didn't play in game 1, so if he is struggling with injury, then he is a no
- Joel Eriksson-Ek is under contract, so he could be a nice option if the Wild are elminated
- Filip Forsberg is an upcoming UFA, he will not risk getting injured
- Mika Zibanejad is under contract, would be a dream addition
- Rickard Rakell is an upcoming UFA and left game 1 with what looked like a concussion. So he is not an option
- William Nylander is under contract, would also be a dream addition

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Not a huge loss, I mean he would probably be one of the better forwards on the roster, but he will not push the needle for this team in any direction.

We have a medal contending D now, but we need high end skill on the forward side.

- Lindholm would be nice, but I can't see Dallas knocking out the Flames.
- Same with Landeskog and Colorado.
- Adrian Kempe has an expiring contract, so he is unlikely.
- Arvidsson didn't play in game 1, so if he is struggling with injury, then he is a no
- Joel Eriksson-Ek is under contract, so he could be a nice option if the Wild are elminated
- Filip Forsberg is an upcoming UFA, he will not risk getting injured
- Mika Zibanejad is under contract, would be a dream addition
- Rickard Rakell is an upcoming UFA and left game 1 with what looked like a concussion. So he is not an option
Could get Bäckström I guess

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Leafs have some other interesting Swedes in Liljegren, Sandin and Engvall as well, though all of them are RFA's so not sure if they'd go. Of course I'm hoping none are an option for you guys lol.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So Andreasson is injured and Omark probay dont wanna play. Lander, Klingberg and Kruger are probaly tired, they where Olympic players.

Its the worst forward group we ever had. MAYBE 1-2 forwards from Stanley Cup but i would not count on it.

Bemström - Wallmark - Berggren
Asplund - Olofsson - Brome
Söderblom - Kellman - Bengtsson
Nordström - Åman - Friberg
Lang, L.Karlsson

There it is boys, 99 % possiblity our forward group in WC.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I mean, I still understand Pettersson fully wants to focus on the next season where he wants to crush it, but can't he give a couple of weeks more to dominate international hockey? Pleeeaaaase? But no, he's so disappointed in his last season that we can just forgive his participation. Is he so hellbent on retribution? He would've crushed it, he should've taken the same decision as OEL on the same team. He can have some undisclosured ailments or whatnot, but still... that's so sad for a Swedish hockey fan. And he's even more effective on bigger ice.

I comfort the whole thing with a quite solid defensive lineup, but the forward group isn't impressive at all and the goaltending doesn't hold anything I would consider a game changer in it. And then we have the traditional Stuka bomber coach, who knew how it was behind the bench in 1997 and knows some old farts at the office. Swedish national coaches know how it once was to coach successful hockey 5 years ago and you hope the actual team has enough strong minded players to ignore what the coach says.

If you compare Finland's national coaches with our own it's such a crushing defeat in terms of choices. It's pathetic, really. Finland's coaches can turn nothing into something. Sweden's coaches can turn something very strong into shit. Traditionally speaking, shit hasn't changed yet. That's my shown respect for SHL and the Swedish hockey federation. Since Boustedt's reforms around 2000, they've turned into total clowns yet again in many ways.

Last edited:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Swedish D looking solid (unsurprisingly). Forwards on the other hand.. Finland could get Laine, Granlund and Hintz. Perhaps even Barkov and Lundell if they stop playing in the play-offs.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Boston down 2-0 against Canes.

Looks like Lindholm is done for the season, so only Ullmark to get from there.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
What really needs to happen imo, is the Swedish hockey federation having to put their foot down. If you have a contract and no apparent injury, yet decline the national team more often than not, then you won't be selected for the Olympics (when NHL'ers will participate again) or World Cup.

OEL and Larsson are good examples of players who are proud to represent. Gustav Nyquist, although he decliend this time, is another example. Mikael Backlund also comes to mind.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What really needs to happen imo, is the Swedish hockey federation having to put their foot down. If you have a contract and no apparent injury, yet decline the national team more often than not, then you won't be selected for the Olympics (when NHL'ers will participate again) or World Cup.

OEL and Larsson are good examples of players who are proud to represent. Gustav Nyquist, although he decliend this time, is another example. Mikael Backlund also comes to mind.
Kempe and Klingberg almost always come when they can too. Sadly both are FAs this year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

I mean there's Loui Eriksson(even if washed now), Landeskog, Klingberg, Hedman, Ekholm, Markström, Nylander, Kempe, etc. too.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013

I think this would be a counterproductive move, having players who are unmotivated is not really a good idea. It would be better to create something that the players want to be a part of to a larger extent.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

A bit weird lines, grinders mixed with offensive players. Nordström seems tied to Wallmarks hip, even though Wallmark will probably be or #1 center (sadly) and Nordström is more suitable in a shutdown line. Söderblom with tow grinders in Bengtsson and Lang

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Lang is a player that have really impressed me. I thought he was just a warm body for the initial games, but he has consistently been one of the best players in each round of games and really deserves a spot in the final squad. Him and Söderblom look good together today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad