WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Almost all Swiss players in the NHL have agreed to play in the World Cup. A similar situation has developed in the Czech Republic. I think these teams will fight for the medals of the tournament.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
If OEL and Larsson accepts, and that is a bif if, the defence at least looks solid. But we have to hope for a legit first line from the first round

Reactions: MatBarzal

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jonathan Berggren is a nice suprise.

Want this lines in Beijer:

Roos - Pudas
Tömmernäs - Folin
Själin - Lindholm
Pettersson

Brome - Wallmark - Berggren
Lang - Kellman - Karlsson
Söderblom - Olofsson - Bengtsson
Nordström - Åman - Friberg
Post automatically merged:

Erik Gustafsson (Chicago). Jesus christ. Such a overated player. We have better in SHL.
Post automatically merged:

How is it possible we get so many declines. Best on best have not happend in a long time. Players should be hungry.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, with all the declines, we really need Omark and his partner Andreasson now.

WC team:

Hellberg
Högberg
Dansk

Dahlin - Folin
OEL - A.Larsson
Tömmernäs - Pudas
E.Gustafsson - Lennström

Omark - Lander - Andreasson
A.Johnsson - Wallmark - Berggren
Bemström - Asplund - Brome
Nordström - Kruger - Bengtsson
Friberg, Söderblom

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Im thinking about Gustav Rydahl. He has been a monster in the playoffs. Super physical, good at shutting down, and even produce points. If Kruger declines i hope Rydahl gets the call. I prefer him over De la Rose and Olofsson.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No word on Fabian Zetterlund. He had a good season:

2021-22
6.png
New Jersey Devils
NHL1435805|
6.png
Utica Comets
AHL5824285285|

Hell, even Holtz would be a good reinforcement.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Lucas Raymond and Elias Pettersson will not come to Finland, so Sweden will be weak. So hopefully it will be better this year and they will play in the quarterfinals. I don't care anyway, U18 is the world champion and it will be WJC in August. And there, too, Sweden can win a medal, which would be great. The Euro team will not win a medal in Tampere.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

The Swedes who stayed in the KHL(and those who will play in the KHL in the future) won't be allowed to represent Sweden internationally. Good.
Are they banned forever from Tre Kronor?

I understand the decision. But we could really need Reidenborn and Lars Johansson.

Weird to see Dansk, Wedin and Press mention. Dansk is still on the swedish roster and Wedin and Press just played for us.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Victor Söderström will not play in the AHL playoffs, Tucson did not advance to the first round. Will anyone from the federation remember him? I would take both Söderström and Lundkvist, last year he was the best defender in the tournament.

Reactions: Seiza

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Lucas Raymond and Elias Pettersson will not come to Finland, so Sweden will be weak. So hopefully it will be better this year and they will play in the quarterfinals. I don't care anyway, U18 is the world champion and it will be WJC in August. And there, too, Sweden can win a medal, which would be great. The Euro team will not win a medal in Tampere.
Let's not talk in advance. Sweden is still waiting for a response from some of the released players and may receive additions after the 1st round of the Stanley Cup.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Are they banned forever from Tre Kronor?

I understand the decision. But we could really need Reidenborn and Lars Johansson.

Weird to see Dansk, Wedin and Press mention. Dansk is still on the swedish roster and Wedin and Press just played for us.
Not forever, they should be expelled from the national team for next season. It will not be easy to end contracts with the Russian team, players who are considering it would then have to give the club back some money. If they do not return anything, the Russian Federation will turn to the IIHF for breach of contract and these players may be banned from playing hockey in Europe. I'm not entirely sure, but it should be. I also saw an article that said that players could end a contract with a team if a country was hit by a natural disaster or the country was at war. Which is happening now, but Russia is not officially at war, but is conducting a special operation in Ukraine.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Victor Söderström will not play in the AHL playoffs, Tucson did not advance to the first round. Will anyone from the federation remember him? I would take both Söderström and Lundkvist, last year he was the best defender in the tournament.
I would take him in a heartbeat. Själin, Roos, Pettersson, Lindholm...lots of below average defenders on the team right now that needs to go. Söderström would be a uppgrade over any of them.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Let's not talk in advance. Sweden is still waiting for a response from some of the released players and may receive additions after the 1st round of the Stanley Cup.
In this case, I would not expect a big strengthening of the list. The list of players who refused to play is huge at the moment, moreover, players do not have to go through an exit medical examination or the club will not recommend them to start. And there are also a lot of players without a contract, which is also a major problem for Garpenlöv. To succeed, a team needs good NHL players, which means the first two NHL attacks with an important role in their team. The player from the fourth attack is not stepping up, it may be better to take someone from SHL.

Garpenlöv was simply a mistake, a step beside. Hallam has hopes for better times, as there will be no more Loui Eriksson in the team with an important role in the team and more IT.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Now you scared me Elias. Loui Eriksson is not mention on the federation website. It might mean they are working on getting him to the team. After all he played 73 NHL games this season.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Now you scared me Elias. Loui Eriksson is not mention on the federation website. It might mean they are working on getting him to the team. After all he played 73 NHL games this season.
I don't want to dig into Eriksson, he did a good job for Tre Kronor in the past, but age can't be stopped. It's nice that he has 73 games this season in the NHL and that he's still able to play in the NHL. Nevertheless, I would easily take Söderblom instead, Sweden should take more younger players to the senor tournament, I don't like looking at veterans who are no longer catching up with the pace of the game but have once won something for Sweden.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I don't want to dig into Eriksson, he did a good job for Tre Kronor in the past, but age can't be stopped. It's nice that he has 73 games this season in the NHL and that he's still able to play in the NHL. Nevertheless, I would easily take Söderblom instead, Sweden should take more younger players to the senor tournament, I don't like looking at veterans who are no longer catching up with the pace of the game but have once won something for Sweden.
Yes, Loui Eriksson done much for Tre Kronor. He was a great player for many years. But he is dead as a player now. He does nothing on the ice. I would also choose Söderblom over him.

Last edited:

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
In this case, I would not expect a big strengthening of the list. The list of players who refused to play is huge at the moment, moreover, players do not have to go through an exit medical examination or the club will not recommend them to start. And there are also a lot of players without a contract, which is also a major problem for Garpenlöv. To succeed, a team needs good NHL players, which means the first two NHL attacks with an important role in their team. The player from the fourth attack is not stepping up, it may be better to take someone from SHL.

Garpenlöv was simply a mistake, a step beside. Hallam has hopes for better times, as there will be no more Loui Eriksson in the team with an important role in the team and more IT.
Unlike Finland, Sweden cannot do without NHL players. Garpenlöv needs good hockey players from overseas, only they can compensate for the coaching problem. You correctly noticed that the wave of refusals is serious, but I continue to look to the future with optimism given the fact that there is a week and a half left before the World Cup)

Reactions: mattihp

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Unlike Finland, Sweden cannot do without NHL players. Garpenlev needs good hockey players from overseas, only they can compensate for the coaching problem. You correctly noticed that the wave of refusals is serious, but I continue to look to the future with optimism given the fact that there is a week and a half left before the World Cup)
Im scared we will get relegated. We had much better team last year, and missed qf. With a worse team it could end with relegation.

Reactions: Goodman68

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Im scared we will get relegated. We had much better team last year, and missed qf. With a worse team it could end with relegation.

Nah, we should finish ahead of Austria and Great Britain even with a Euro squad, but missing the QF is a possibility if fumble in the group stages again. But man the squad looks weak, this year, I'd say both Germany and Switzerland are icing better rosters than us and would be favourites in a QF matchup

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Nah, we should finish ahead of Austria and Great Britain even with a Euro squad, but missing the QF is a possibility if fumble in the group stages again. But man the squad looks weak, this year, I'd say both Germany and Switzerland are icing better rosters than us and would be favourites in a QF matchup
And you usually beat us no matter who´s coaching your team. I just can´t see you miss the QF twice in a row.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
This year, the defense will be more reliable, and I expect that after the 1st round of the Stanley Cup, good forwards will join the team. At least the Swedes will get into the playoff)

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
And you usually beat us no matter who´s coaching your team. I just can´t see you miss the QF twice in a row.
Except for 2019 when No one could match Mörkö not even with a 3-1 lead.

Reactions: mattihp

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
You will not get relegated my friend. You will definately be able to beat the lesser teams even with a roster with not many NHL players. You will still be the favorite in the group to go into the top 4 - with others of course.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The Swedes who played in the KHL clubs this year will not be called up to the national team.

Who can explain to me what's going on? This is complete idiocy. Where has our mind gone? Why do we give in to emotions when making certain decisions? Now I understand the Russians when they say that we behave like nationalists.
I dont think they as Russians have any saying in any way talking about nationalists.

But Swedish hockey should understand that breaking a KHL contract could make the players bankrupt and homeless. I hate collective punishment , it has to be done sometimes , but not towards these players.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
I dont think they as Russians have any saying in any way talking about nationalists.

But Swedish hockey should understand that breaking a KHL contract could make the players bankrupt and homeless. I hate collective punishment , it has to be done sometimes , but not towards these players.
Don't worry, well, Wallmark will play not for 2-3 million dollars in CSKA, but for 300 thousand in Luleå, he will not become bankrupt or homeless. If I were foreigners now, I would not continue to play in the KHL for any money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad