WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
The Swedes who played in the KHL clubs this year will not be called up to the national team.

Who can explain to me what's going on? This is complete idiocy. Where has our mind gone? Why do we give in to emotions when making certain decisions? Now I understand the Russians when they say that we behave like nationalists.
AFAIK, only the swedes who played in the playoffs. I don’t know wether Wallmark will be allowed he did end his contract with CSKA on the 2nd of March I don’t know if he played any games after the 24th of february.

On another note guys like OEL and Larsson deserve medals. Stand up guys always accepts NT invitations. Especially OEL.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
OEL and Larsson come almost every time and it’s great to see. The defence with them and Dahlin is already strong now. Just need some high end NHL forwards.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Don't worry, well, Wallmark will play not for 2-3 million dollars in CSKA, but for 300 thousand in Luleå, he will not become bankrupt or homeless. If I were foreigners now, I would not continue to play in the KHL for any money.
Some players if they break the contract will have to buy out the remaining contract. wich could be several mill more then they have allready earned.

Pretoria

Dec 26, 2020
Doesn't the IIHF have the opportunity to give the players right to break the contract because of the war?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Doesn't the IIHF have the opportunity to give the players right to break the contract because of the war?
Doubt the IIHF has any kind of power.

Wallmark, & Nordström broke out of their contracts but had to pay an "economic suckerpunch." They had signed extensions with CSKA earlier this year.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Larsson and OEL in, that is awesome news!

Updated roster overview:

Roster for Beijer Hockey Games

#PosNameClubLeague
35GKOscar DanskSpartak MoscowKHL
45GKMagnus HellbergDetroit Red WingsNHL
63GKMarcus HögbergLinköpings HCSHL
2DChristian FolinFrölunda HCSHL
7DHenrik TömmernesGenève-Servette HCNLA
19DFilip RoosSkellefteå AIKSHL
37DJesper PetterssonLinköpings HCSHL
54DAnton LindholmDinamo MinskKHL
55DCalle SjälinLeksands IFSHL
64DJonathan PudasSkellefteå AIKSHL
8FFredrik OlofssonIK OskarshamnSHL
9FLinus KarlssonSkellefteå AIKSHL
12FMax FribergFrölunda HCSHL
17FOskar LangLeksands IFSHL
23FLucas WallmarkFree agent-
25FElmer SöderblomFrölunda HCSHL
26FJoel KellmanVäxjö Lakers HCSHL
28FAnton BengtssonRögle BKSHL
42FJoakim NordströmFree agent-
48FJonatan BerggrenGrand Rapids GriffinsAHL
66FNils ÅhmanLeksands IFSHL
86FMathias BroméHC DavosNLA

NHL PLAYER STATUS

Accepted invitations:
PosNameClub
DRasmus DahlinBuffalo Sabres
DOliver Ekman-LarssonVancouver Canucks
DErik GustafssonChicago Blackhawks
DAdam LarssonSeattle Krarken
FRasmus AsplundBuffalo Sabres
FEmil BemströmColumbus Blue Jackets

Waiting for response:
PosNameClub
FAndreas JohnssonNew Jersey Devils

Declined:
PosNameClub
FAlexander WennbergSeattle Kraken
FGustav NyquistColumbus Blue Jackets
FElias PetterssonVancouver Canucks
FLucas RaymondDetroit Red Wings
GAnton ForsbergOttawa Senators
FOskar LindblomPhiladelphia Flyers
FWilliam KarlssonVegas Golden Knights

Injured:
PosNameClub
FNils HöglanderVancouver Canucks
FJakob SilfverbergAnaheim Ducks
FOskar SundqvistDetroit Red Wings
DErik KarlssonSan Jose Sharks
GRobin LehnerVegas Golden Knights

No contract:
PosNameClub
FJesper BrattNew Jersey Devils
FMattias JanmarkVegas Golden Knights
FJesper BoqvistNew Jersey Devils
FIsak LundeströmAnaheim Ducks
FJonathan DahlénSan Jose Sharks
FVictor RaskSeattle Kraken
FLoui ErikssonArizona Coyotes
FVictor OlofssonBuffalo Sabres
DErik BrännströmOttawa Senators
DAnton StrålmanArizona Coyotes

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

jaro

Mar 31, 2018

I absolutly understand, most people cant even imagin how hard and painfull is play all season. But, is it mean that he will never play on worlds? Becouse there is no injury, just fatigue. Fatigue there will be allways and he is not 38 years old. I think that he should go ..

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

I absolutly understand, most people cant even imagin how hard and painfull is play all season. But, is it mean that he will never play on worlds? Becouse there is no injury, just fatigue. Fatigue there will be allways and he is not 38 years old. I think that he should go ..

Wouldn't surprise me if Yzerman gave him a choice between Worlds or the WJCs and he chose the WJCs. Obviously they wouldn't disclose that, but it would explain why he seemingly was excited for Worlds just some days ago to then turn it down.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
OEL and Larsson have very good chemistry. Lets keep them toghether.

Dahlin - Folin
OEL - Larsson
Pudas - Tömmernäs
Gustafsson - Lennström

That is a good D-corp. Offensive skilled players and 2 physical players in Folin and Larsson.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
First of all I'm so goddamn disappointed Pettersson didn't join the team. He thinks he needs this entire off-season to train because of him being a step behind from his old injury missing 6 months, missing training camp, new big contract, big expectations, getting it together with new confidence with Boudeau, etc... he might have a point, really.

But as a selfish Swedish hockey fan with a beer belly I think; hell no, I think why stop a couple of weeks later when you're still in dominating gear and what's wrong with succeeding at being great and winning something important? I highly suspect he might have some bruises and thoughts I don't know of, so I won't exactly be angry at the decision.

He would get some more experience and confidence from winning gold because goddamn is he good at hockey. I'm really sad he didn't join, he was crushing it the last half of the season, big time, in a row of crucial games. His playmaking, hockey IQ and shot is unreal.

Anyhow, I'm VERY glad OEL and Larsson - the triumphant guard - again helping Sweden getting a good team together. They're "landslagshjältar" in my eyes. For the quality and heart they bring to the national team. Especially since any player joining after a 1st round exit in the NHL will look at the team and consider: "Is it worth it?" And when they see some promising names it helps to ease their decision into prolonging the season.

I will be so glad when Garpenlöv is gone. He hasn't been a disaster but he's compared to a bunch of coaching incompetence at national level, so I don't know how to rate him. Above average where average is quite terrible?

My primary coaching decisions would be Rönnberg or "Bulan" Berglund. They know if you want to win games it's not a full vacation. You still have to give 100% when you're out there representing the national team on the ice.

Lastly: Where the hell is the invitation for Nils Lundkvist? He was better than Tömmernäs, Pudas, etc last year, he was the most dominant D-man, no questions asked. He has a much sharper hockey IQ than those SHL quality D-men. He's fighting to get a spot on a VERY competitive NYR defenseive line with a ton of really, really strong prospects. Not his fault. So why isn't he on any list? He dominated the SHL last season, what has changed, really?

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
First of all I'm so goddamn disappointed Pettersson didn't join the team. He thinks he needs this entire off-season to train because of him being a step behind from his old injury missing 6 months, missing training camp, new big contract, big expectations, getting it together with new confidence with Boudeau, etc... he might have a point, really.

But as a selfish Swedish hockey fan with a beer belly I think; hell no, I think why stop a couple of weeks later when you're still in dominating gear and what's wrong with succeeding at being great and winning something important? I highly suspect he might have some bruises and thoughts I don't know of, so I won't exactly be angry at the decision.

He would get some more experience and confidence from winning gold because goddamn is he good at hockey. I'm really sad he didn't join, he was crushing it the last half of the season, big time, in a row of crucial games. His playmaking, hockey IQ and shot is unreal.

Anyhow, I'm VERY glad OEL and Larsson - the triumphant guard - again helping Sweden getting a good team together. They're "landslagshjältar" in my eyes. For the quality and heart they bring to the national team. Especially since any player joining after a 1st round exit in the NHL will look at the team and consider: "Is it worth it?" And when they see some promising names it helps to ease their decision into prolonging the season.

I will be so glad when Garpenlöv is gone. He hasn't been a disaster but he's compared to a bunch of coaching incompetence at national level, so I don't know how to rate him.

My primary coaching decisions would be Rönnberg or "Bulan" Berglund. They know if you want to win games it's not a full vacation. You still have to give 100% when you're out there representing the national team on the ice.
I also have a beer bully.

You are not satisfied with Sam Hallam as our new NT coach?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

I will be so glad when Garpenlöv is gone. He hasn't been a disaster but he's compared to a bunch of coaching incompetence at national level, so I don't know how to rate him.

Agree with most of this but I’d easily prefer Hallam over Berglund. Rönnberg or Hallam is a tossup. I was soo happy when I saw they went with Hallam, not only because he was my prefered choice but also because I was sure they were gonna promote Montén.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Agree with most of this but I’d easily prefer Hallam over Berglund. Rönnberg or Hallam is a tossup. I was soo happy when I saw they went with Hallam, not only because he was my prefered choice but also because I was sure they were gonna promote Montén.
Yes, for sure, I would be ok with Hallam as well, he has exactly the same style as Rönnberg and Berglund. High pressure, high octane hockey. Winning gold for your country isn't a vacation when you play. Not only that, they are much more resistant to have worse teams without NHL stars and only "grovjobbarna" from SHL to get some metal.

High octane, high pressure, high mobility coaches are the modern coaches. Hockey is always played all over the rink.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
just out of curiousity, would players who played in KHL this season but signed a contract for next year (like Klas Dahlbeck from ZSKA who signed with Davos) be eligible for tre kronor or are all players from KHL banned?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
just out of curiousity, would players who played in KHL this season but signed a contract for next year (like Klas Dahlbeck from ZSKA who signed with Davos) be eligible for tre kronor or are all players from KHL banned?
You're really only banned if you choose to play in the KHL next season.

If you chose to stay in the playoffs, then that's a gray area they've tried treading lightly. Maybe because Dansk, Wedin, & Press stayed until they were elminated and have been playing in preliminary tournaments.

But the CSKA players who stayed aren't in consideration this year. They say it's because of reasons to do with them as players, but wouldn't surprise me if it's due to everything that has happened with that specific team(Nordström for example left as soon as the banner went up).

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
This applies to CSKA players:

If they decided to stay for the duration of the season after the invasion they’re ineligeble.

This is probably both because of the banner and the history of CSKA itself.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think we can count in Erik Gustafsson from Luleå. He wanted to play in OG but had to decline becuse of a injury. He is hungry.

Dahlin - Erik Gustafsson
OEL - Adam Larsson
Pudas - Tömmernäs
Gustafsson - Folin

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Your defence never disappoints me. You had some very high scoring forwards as well and I think the future of Swedish hockey looks bright.

Reactions: EK47

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Your defence never disappoints me. You had some very high scoring forwards as well and I think the future of Swedish hockey looks bright.
Yeah, defense is a regular strength of all teams. It wasn't very good last year, but Lundkvist played a famous tournament. To succeed, however, it will be necessary to make one very strong attack so that PP1 has quality. And most importantly, that PP1 has the creator of the game, the physically dominant player in front of the goal and the shooter. If there is no shooter, it is important to have the other two elements. It is a question of training, because Sweden has quality but shoots itself in the foot with incompetent training. And it keeps happening, over and over again, and it's very frustrating. Therefore, the Finns can beat the Swedish team with the NHL players with the euro team.

I don't even want to imagine a situation where Sweden has excellent training and quality players for all roles. Unfortunately, something is always missing ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad