Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
It's really not a steal. It's about what he's worth. If anything in his current form you could argue that's too much money.

Of course we all hope he returns to his old self and if he does then this will look like a bargain.

Rumors were that's what Tampa actually offered and everyone was saying it would cost more. 8.5 is a steal when you consider that some of the massive contracts dealt out. Toews is getting 10.5 for gods sake.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Looking forward to another 8 years of "Stamkos is coming home when his contract is up"!

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
What's with everyone jumping ship over at Tampa? First Yzerman drives Drouin away and now Stammer is looking elsewhere. Total management disaster

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Have to think this drives the value up on RNH and after what came from today Rutherford may be thinking about moving Malkin.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
I'm... not sure why I should be thinking any of that.

Stamkos off the market, hall traded...no top 6 centres in FA (Backes I guess but I see him moving to the wing) lots of gms/owners will be looking to make big splashes following those tidal waves...dominos....dominos...

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Is everyone sure this isn't a sign and trade?

There are reasons why a sign and trade wouldn't appear to make sense.

1. Florida has no state income taxes. He's just signed, apparently, for $8.5 mill-in Florida.

Unless he's on his way to Nashville or Dallas, he'd lose money anywhere else.

2. Why should Stamkos be involved in a sign and trade. If he wants to go elsewhere, he can wait for two days and get everything the team he goes to is willing to pay, without them also paying the Lightning.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Rumors were that's what Tampa actually offered and everyone was saying it would cost more. 8.5 is a steal when you consider that some of the massive contracts dealt out. Toews is getting 10.5 for gods sake.

I know. Yzerman offered him this about a year ago. :amazed:

I still cant believe he bent over and took it............2 days before multiple teams were to offer him at least 10 or even 11.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Good deal for Stamkos.

Great guy but it's now obvious he couldn't handle the pressure of playing in a hockey market.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I know. Yzerman offered him this about a year ago. :amazed:

I still cant believe he bent over and took it............2 days before multiple teams were to offer him at least 10 or even 11.

Yzerman left a lot of money on the table during his time in Detroit. If anyone could convince Stamkos to take less to stay, it's him. The best move Tampa has made in the last 10 years was getting Yzerman out of Detroit. The guy was scouting and making personnel recommendations for the Wings since the mid 90s, and they all turned out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad