Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
This is worth it just to witness the ******** from some Leafs fans.

They were somewhat prepared for Detroit taking him. But not Tampa Bay resigning him.

As for the signing itself, it makes the most sense for Stamkos. However, there will have to be casualties down the line for this signing and Stamkos health risk is still in question.

I wouldn't be as salty as I am if he had signed for a big deal, Tampa or not. He signed for the deal he was offered around Christmas time and waited until the very last minute to take it. **** him.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I wouldn't be as salty as I am if he had signed for a big deal, Tampa or not. He signed for the deal he was offered around Christmas time and waited until the very last minute to take it. **** him.

It was as annoying for us as much as anybody to be honest.

The waiting wasn't really fun the last half year or so.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Once again, he was offered 5 years originally. That is a waaay different offer.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011

Technically that's true, but he wasn't allowed to travel around and meet with other teams when he was offered the deal around Christmas time. He waited till he had a chance to do that, didn't get his socks blown off, and made his mind up pretty quick.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
the epidemic continues of hockey fans believing a guy is going to bolt his team to go home again in UFA and not realizing that a guy who just spent his entire adult life in a city probably thinks of that as much of a home as his childhood hometown....

Leafs sign him for say 10 million, 1/2 this board laughs at them.

Leafs don't get him. 1/2 this board laughs at them.

Can't win.

Yup.

Now that he's staying in Tampa, he can go back to being the Stamkos we all know and love.

Doesn't have to worry about the question marks about his health and declining play that would come with being a Leaf.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
the epidemic continues of hockey fans believing a guy is going to bolt his team to go home again in UFA and not realizing that a guy who just spent his entire adult life in a city probably thinks of that as much of a home as his childhood hometown....
Let's not forget adulthood in general means a lot of people leave the nest and go and find and build their own home. Not everybody wants to run back to mommy and daddy. That's what vacations and breaks are for.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Signs the contract offered to him months ago.

Created a HUGE distraction for himself and his teammates during a playoff run in the process.

Is he missing a lot of brain cells?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not often i say this; but some of the posts in this thread make me embarrassed to be a Leaf fan.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Signs the contract offered to him months ago.

Created a HUGE distraction for himself and his teammates during a playoff run in the process.

Is he missing a lot of brain cells?
He was offered 5 years, months ago. Not 8.

But someone sure is missing a lot of brain cells to comment on half of the story and pretend like he knows the full thing.

Hey guys, who was distracted by the Stamkos contract during the playoffs? I mean, we went to Game 7 against the Penguins, in which Stammer returned and gave it his all. But we were so distracted by what Stamkos was gonna do. Amirite?

DavidWilliamsCB

Jun 18, 2016
Cape Breton, NS
As a Leafs fan, I am so glad we didn't sign him. He would have probably wanted more from Toronto and for 8 years, not worth the risk to me. Good signing for Tampa Bay though.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
[MOD]

MAN YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THAT DUDE, YOU'LL BE WANTING ME IN FIFTEEN YEARS BRO!

Toronto fans, ladies and gentlemen...

What he said is bad, but come on dude...look at your posts in this thread.

Wow, so Leafs fans... how is it having Stamkos and Tavares together there in Tarantah? Oh, wait.... :)

Their tears are so sweet... :)

I know this is a shocking revelation to some, but there are a lot of Toronto fans who didn't want the Leafs to sign Stamkos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad