Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
LOL the TB fans love fest for Stamkos reminds me of Cleveland and Lebron.

He's the best ever, oh he's leaving, **** him, selfish, brat, bad attitude, past his prim-oh he's coming back? Best sniper in the game, leader, best years are ahead of him, ride or die fan!

Please find an actual post of someone saying this and then contradicting themselves in that fashion.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

He's the best ever, oh he's leaving, **** him, selfish, brat, bad attitude, past his prim-oh he's coming back? Best sniper in the game, leader, best years are ahead of him, ride or die fan!

I never called him washed up or anything else, I was getting annoyed he was dragging this out.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

You are exaggerating things to no end time after time after time.

Is it because you are sad, bitter and jealous? Sounds about right.... riiiight? I can play such a funny game too. Get a grip.

Feel free to quote the same person changing his mind that dramatically as things went along.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I hope he fails miserably in Tampa. Yes I'm salty. I can't wait to read his article in 15 years about how he wishes he could turn back the clock and sign with Toronto

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
I wonder how much all this media attention bothered him.

Sunshine, anonymity, 0 pressure, no taxes. He's probably thinking "why would I leave?"

Real chance to win the cup this coming season. Not surprising except to those who feel Toronto is a paradise unmatched by any place else. ;)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And for the record there's more people here saying he's been reclaimed as this elite player than there are actual Lightning fans even saying such a thing. You wanna know what the big reaction is? "Holy **** we got him for $8.5 million!!"

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I hope he fails miserably in Tampa. Yes I'm salty. I can't wait to read his article in 15 years about how he wishes he could turn back the clock and sign with Toronto

...and most likely fail in Toronto as well? Sorry but I don't understand.

At least you are honest tho, lol.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Wishful thinking. The fact he signed for much less than he would have gotten in UFA shows he's 100% firm in where he wanted to be.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Great signing! As to the supposed turnaround by Lightning fans, what I heard most of the year was that signing Stamkos for 9 or 10 million would be a mistake.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida

Better than being the New York Knicks/Nets in this situation.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

You've been skipping over a great many posters if you're getting "love fest". Including at least one on the page you posted this that is raging pissed.

Look, if you go back in time to when the 8.5 number was released, most Tampa fans were happy. Then it didn't happen. Then the 11 million number came out. And there is no way in hell that Stamkos was or is worth that. And Lightning fans were upset.

The Lightning are a better team with Stamkos, even if he isn't in the top three player list. The Lightning are not a better team if Stamkos costs two or more members of the core. At 8.5 he shouldn't. That is why Lightning fans are happy.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This is worth it just to witness the ******** from some Leafs fans.

They were somewhat prepared for Detroit taking him. But not Tampa Bay resigning him.

As for the signing itself, it makes the most sense for Stamkos. However, there will have to be casualties down the line for this signing and Stamkos health risk is still in question.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
[MOD]

MAN YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THAT DUDE, YOU'LL BE WANTING ME IN FIFTEEN YEARS BRO!

Toronto fans, ladies and gentlemen...

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Great signing! As to the supposed turnaround by Lightning fans, what I heard most of the year was that signing Stamkos for 9 or 10 million would be a mistake.

It would be a mistake and many of us are STILL cautious even at the more favorable cap hit (compare it to other players at around the same cap hit). We are just happy it is over more than anything.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Lol at tb fans reclaiming stamkos as elite 1c now

Congrats stammer

He has a lot of work to do before he can get back to form. He showed glimpses before the blood clot, but that was always the big risk.

Love him for taking a discount, makes taking the risk a little easier to swallow. That, and TSN 1050 going into mourning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad