Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
I've seen more people responding to one specific comment by a Leaf fan and complaining about leaf fans making this about them, than I have seen Leaf fans actually making it about them. It's hilarious how posters can take one guy and respond to him in enough numbers to turn the topic toward the Leafs, and then blame all Leaf fans for one guy who they all got sucked into responding to. Classic.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Well I'm surprised to see him re-sign, was fairly certain he'd end up in Detroit.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
13516411_10205327609224435_3148377449443843794_n.jpg

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Stamkos saw the Canadian tire CEO, said **** this and walked out :laugh::laugh::laugh:

What is wrong with a few million in Canadian Tire money? It technically wouldn't be cap circumvention due to being a non legitimate currency. he could get a slow cooker, a new tent, the skies the limit!

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Was a strong advocate that he would resign in Tampa from day one, even put my money where my mouth is and I will make 100 bucks off this. Personally I believe he is on a serious downward trend and I'd bet he will be a shell of his former self in a couple of years from now. Saw him coming to TO as another albatross contract and I couldn't be happier he's staying in Tampa. Scuse me I have to send out about 100 'told you so' texts bye.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Yes, clearly Yzerman signed Stamkos to a cap friendly deal, only to make sure Kucherov, Hedman, Drouin, Palat, and Johnson all walk because there's just no money to go around.

Can't wait for Yzerman to make it work and further shock people.

If Yzerman somehow manages to keep all of those players around long term he will be the greatest GM in the history of sports. Forget the NHL - I'm talking all of professional sports here. I'd love nothing more than to eat crow after he pulls off the miracle but I just don't see it happening.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
God, how scared I was that Yzerman might be sweetening the deal by moving Bishop's cap hit. Hopefully whatever has been going on with Stammer the last two years was this contract thing looming and he makes more of an impact out there.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Stamkos and Coburn both locked up with a nice home team discounts. However I am most happy with the fact that players want to play here and win with this team instead of chasing highest dollars. Says a lot about the organization that Yzerman has built.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I've seen more people responding to one specific comment by a Leaf fan and complaining about leaf fans making this about them, than I have seen Leaf fans actually making it about them. It's hilarious how posters can take one guy and respond to him in enough numbers to turn the topic toward the Leafs, and then blame all Leaf fans for one guy who they all got sucked into responding to. Classic.

It can be a bit annoying as a rational Leafs fan to catch some of the blame for some of the more outlandish comments that are made by other Leaf fans.

But at the same time in this case it is understandable. Tampa fans have had to deal with crap for over a year now, it must feel pretty satisfying to see a lot of people proven wrong.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
If Yzerman somehow manages to keep all of those players around long term he will be the greatest GM in the history of sports. Forget the NHL - I'm talking all of professional sports here. I'd love nothing more than to eat crow after he pulls off the miracle but I just don't see it happening.
He will do it. It just means other guys have to be let go. I REALLY don't want Bishop to go. He was among my top 3. But it's obvious we can't make him fit anymore.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
At least Toronto won't lose either marner, nylander or matthews when the time comes. Also happy he didn't sign with buffalo/detroit so all in all there is some positives.

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through the Toronto rumor thread. If he had signed with Toronto it would have been a nightmare keeping the kids they're developing now and will be choosing in the next draft.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004

I mean some of them are definitely going to go. Palat and Johnson are the most likely candidates. Kucherov, Drouin and Hedman are "must keeps" at this point.

I see Kucherov signing a 6x6 like Forsberg. Hedman will get 8. If we can move Bishop without taking much (if any) salary back and buy out Carle, that'll facilitate the Kucherov deal. Filppula or Callahan out will clear the way for Hedman. It'll be tough to move those contracts, though.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He will do it. It just means other guys have to be let go. I REALLY don't want Bishop to go. He was among my top 3. But it's obvious we can't make him fit anymore.

One of Bishop or Vasilevsky had to go after this season anyhow. It was always going to be Bishop in my opinion. This just seals it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad