Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
8.5 is okay. I'm happy he's coming back. Worried what it means for guys like Johnson and Palat.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Lol @ the amount of back tracking some Tampa fans are doing and even going so far as now trying to rub it in other fans faces. A month ago he wasn't needed in Tampa and wasn't even a top 5 player on their roster according to a large number of their fans. Either way glad for Stammer hope he scores 50+ this year and plays the entire season+playoffs.

He hasn't been the best player on the team in a while. Hedman, Bishop and Kutcherov have all played better than him the past two years so yeah Lighting fans saying he is not top 5 on the team is not that far from reality when you look at Drouin, and maybe even Palat and Johnson closing the gap.

That being said I would guess 95% of Lightning fans wanted him on the team just not at the price most people said he would cost (10+) because Lightning fans did not believe he was worth that price and signing him for that would handcuff the team going forward especially with contract years coming up for some of the guys I have already mentioned in this post. Now those guys can look at Stamkos taking a "hometown discount" and hopefully follow suit.

as for your last part, Getting a 50+ goal Stamkos back as well would be icing.

Mad Brills*

I'd guess the full NMC is what caused him to only get 8.5 million?

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I'd guess the full NMC is what caused him to only get 8.5 million?

I don't think so. He would've got full NMC no matter where he signed.
It's more of no tax (so it's actually close to 9M+ on other cities) and extra year. Also, he actually wants to play for a good team.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I am not reading the whole thread to see if this was touched on. But wasn't there rumor of a sign and trade deal with Stamkos? I doubt it would happen at 8.5mil AAV, but could it still be possible?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
The best case for Stamkos and the entirety of hockey. I wanted him to be a Sabre, but at the moment he's best suited to stay with his team that drafted him. Congrats to both parties.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I am not reading the whole thread to see if this was touched on. But wasn't there rumor of a sign and trade deal with Stamkos? I doubt it would happen at 8.5mil AAV, but could it still be possible?

Pierre LeBrun said no sign and trade. He asked the Stamkos camp.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I will just say that my respect for Steven Stamkos just SKYROCKETED.

Tampa Bay is one lucky fanbase to have a super star that realizes money isn't the most important thing in life. /jealous

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I will just say that my respect for Steven Stamkos just SKYROCKETED.

Tampa Bay is one lucky fanbase to have a super star that realizes money isn't the most important thing in life. /jealous

No doubt. Didn't expect this, good for him.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
so kucherov walks out on them, nice
Yes, clearly Yzerman signed Stamkos to a cap friendly deal, only to make sure Kucherov, Hedman, Drouin, Palat, and Johnson all walk because there's just no money to go around.

Can't wait for Yzerman to make it work and further shock people.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Surprised by this though he might of gone to free agency but even if he was going to sign in Tampa expected for a little more.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
8.5 is okay. I'm happy he's coming back. Worried what it means for guys like Johnson and Palat.

That is just $1 million more than his current cap hit. That's how TB fans should be looking at it. Unless you were planning on him leaving. Incremental cost.

Not many suitors left for Bishop. Flames and leafs got a goalie. At some point they will hand the reigns to vasilsevsky. Might have to move up that time table.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
At least Toronto won't lose either marner, nylander or matthews when the time comes. Also happy he didn't sign with buffalo/detroit so all in all there is some positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad