Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
He will do it. It just means other guys have to be let go. I REALLY don't want Bishop to go. He was among my top 3. But it's obvious we can't make him fit anymore.

I can maybe live with losing Bishop, although between the two I'd much rather have kept Bish. But we're going to lose some of our core forwards and aside from maybe Killorn there's not one I'd rather have Stamkos than. Maybe the Triplets and Hedman are loyal enough to take sizable discounts, but Drouin is now an open target for an offer sheet and he'll definitely chase the money.

Mad Brills*

Leafs sign him for say 10 million, 1/2 this board laughs at them.

Leafs don't get him. 1/2 this board laughs at them.

Can't win.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
One of Bishop or Vasilevsky had to go after this season anyhow. It was always going to be Bishop in my opinion. This just seals it.

I was fine with losing Bishop to keep the core together. Losing him and resigning Stamkos makes no sense considering both the lower price tag and how much more valuable Bishop has been for us. Now we lose our MVP AND some of our core.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
One of Bishop or Vasilevsky had to go after this season anyhow. It was always going to be Bishop in my opinion. This just seals it.

It's so hard to determine that because the Bishop deal was probably negotiated in good faith of losing players but perhaps not Stamkos. If Bishop signed on a year to year basis like Lebron James does with Cleveland with a NMC it might actually allow us to work around the rest of the team.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
LOL the TB fans love fest for Stamkos reminds me of Cleveland and Lebron.

He's the best ever, oh he's leaving, **** him, selfish, brat, bad attitude, past his prim-oh he's coming back? Best sniper in the game, leader, best years are ahead of him, ride or die fan!

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

He's the best ever, oh he's leaving, **** him, selfish, brat, bad attitude, past his prim-oh he's coming back? Best sniper in the game, leader, best years are ahead of him, ride or die fan!

this

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa

I'd be okay with Stamkos being compared to LeBron.

Means he's gonna bring Tampa (another) cup? I'm down mate.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Huge sigh of relief as a Sabres fan, especially after hearing Murray talk about being able to make 12mil work. Don't trust Murray to know better. Thankfully it doesn't matter anymore.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That narrative that every Ontario-born kid wants to play for the Leafs still rings true to this day, doesn't it?

And he likely took less dollars per year to stay on a winning team that is loaded with talent.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Looks like the Leafs failed again?

I'm not sure how you figure that. Zero reports that Toronto was actually interested, and zero reports that the two sides even met - outside of what Simmons said, but he isn't reliable. They also just drafted a franchise C, fail they did not.

I've been saying for over a month I didn't think Toronto would even table an offer for him, and that re-signing in TB was most likely. The one thing I do find odd/shocking is that he signed for what was already being offer 6 months ago.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Maybe he heard about how Kessel was treated and said "maybe I'll pass"? :naughty:

I wonder how much all this media attention bothered him.

Sunshine, anonymity, 0 pressure, no taxes. He's probably thinking "why would I leave?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad