Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I hope you're drunk or 14 years old.

Glad Tamps fans appreciate Stamkos for what he is again. Good to know he isn't going downhill anymore!
I'll be drunk and happy tonight. Unlike Leaf fans that will be crying into their bar pitchers and moving onto plan B: Tavares. :laugh:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
:laugh:

Where are all the Bolts fans that were saying someone else is gonna regret signing him? I bet they've changed their tune.

I mean - that's when the going rate was 11 million. 8.5 is pretty damn cheap compared to the rumors.

Still think it's too much, but it's not a franchise crippling amount.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Really good job by Yzerman to keep the AAv down. Stammer was easily looking at 10+ on the open market.

It's a solid deal for Tampa.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
:handclap:
He made the right choice. There was no better situation out there for Stamkos. The team is very good and will be for a long time and IMO the Lightning are yet to peak.

Kick back in the sun and eventually get your name etched on the cup. :thumbu:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
No way is it a sign and trade. If it was, he wouldn't have taken a discount. It's be 8*10.5+.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
I'm actually interested to see how the insurance is going to work on his contract given his blood clot history and the 8 year term.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Great deal for the Bolts. Home town discount and keeps them a competitive team going forward. Still a strong team but without Stamkos that would have been a lot harder.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Alot of people are full of **** in this thread. Oh we didnt want him.blah blah blah. I wanted him on Detroit but to stay in Tampa which has a far superior team then anyone who was trying to get him is a smart move if you want to win.
It's nice to see comments like this, rather than anything malicious or bitter.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I dont think Tampa fans have changed their tune at all.
When the rumor leaked months ago that this was the Lightnings offer most of them were okay with it they just like sane posters from other teams just didnt want to pay him 10+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad