Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Lol so true

No it isn't. No Tampa fans, at least to my knowledge, wanted Stammer off the team. Every fan, however, did not want to overpay him and lose Kuch/Hedman. I (we) stand by that.

We didn't overpay him, like, at all, and probably won't lose Kucherov or Hedman. Nobody is backpedalling and nobody's opinion changed.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
8.5 for 8 years. Great signing for Tampa.

As a Leafs fan I am extremely disappointed, but congrats Tampa fans.

I really thought that Steven would be the Canadian version of American Zach Parise who played out his contract and went home. I am really sad today.

Last edited:

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
not surprise at all.. small market and less media.. great weather.. he can go out and dont have fans or media around..

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Let's face it the only way he would've gone to Toronto is for an insane number so Stamkos did the Leafs a favor.

Maybe you get Tavares now, who is probably easier to build around anyway.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
In the end Stamkos goes to the best team and on a good contract. Pretty bummed as a Wings fan more so now that they are going to blow all that cap space on overpaying a 2nd tier player.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Somehow this has the potential to be the worst deal of the day

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Lol gonna be pretty funny seeing all the Tampa fans change their opinion of Stamkos again. Cuz apparently he was the 6th most important player on their team. Can't see them being happy with the 6th best player on their team making 8.5. Wish stammer all the best next year, hopefully he can finally win a cup and get back to his 50 goal days to prove all his haters wrong. Sucks it couldn't have been Toronto but I understand the circumstances.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
No it isn't. No Tampa fans, at least to my knowledge, wanted Stammer off the team. Every fan, however, did not want to overpay him and lose Kuch/Hedman. I (we) stand by that.

We didn't overpay him, like, at all, and probably won't lose Kucherov or Hedman. Nobody is backpedalling and nobody's opinion changed.

Eh - I still think he's overpaid by a bit, but I'm willing to swallow it because of sentimental value.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I don't think any TB fan thought Stamkos was garbage, just that he was not worth 10+ (he's not). I want no part of Stamkos at 10+. 8.5? I'll take it.

Now the process of clearing out Carle, Callahan, Bishop and Filppula, and signing Kucherov and Hedman to long extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad