Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
This is kinda weird. 8.5 had been on the table for weeks(months), and he takes it on the last day before free-agency?

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Awesome deal for Tampa, would've been great to see him in Toronto but good on Stammer and Yzerman to get the job done.

Zennon

Mar 12, 2004
Unbelievable, 2nd line 8.5M guys..... yeah pretty sure TB will regret this in 2-3 years..

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Bet you're fuming mad he signed for 8.5M.

OH MY GOD GUYS THEY OFFERED HIM 8.5M EARLIER THIS YEAR, HE OBVIOUSLY WAS COMING HOME TO TORONTO, HE HAD THAT TWINKLE IN HIS EYE.

Lolololololololol Toronto makes complete jokes out of themselves again. AND we get Stammer back at a CAP. FRIENDLY. DEAL.

Best 30 minutes of my life. Sorry girlfriend.

I hope you're drunk or 14 years old.

Glad Tamps fans appreciate Stamkos for what he is again. Good to know he isn't going downhill anymore!

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Alot of people are full of **** in this thread. Oh we didnt want him.blah blah blah. I wanted him on Detroit but to stay in Tampa which has a far superior team then anyone who was trying to get him is a smart move if you want to win.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Lol, I love how guys like Stamkos and Lucic are going from city to city receiving head from various mayors and GM's while pretty much knowing in the back of their minds as to who they're really signing with.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
So it appears Tampa fans have done a complete 180 and now Stamkos again is a top #1C in the league? Leafs look forward to signing hedman next year

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Best place for him imo. Would have loved him in Buffalo at a reasonable and unlikely cap hit, but alas. TB has built a great thing, he should stay part of it.

I think there were several factors. Quality of life, lack of state taxes and guaranteed ability to win now! Can't blame the guy and wish him good luck. He just broke the hearts of Sabres and Leafs fans but it's the best decision. Also hard to beat wearing shorts in January.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Lol, I love how guys like Stamkos and Lucic are going from city to city receiving head from various mayors and GM's while pretty much knowing in the back of their minds as to who they're really signing with.

It's more about hearing them out and respecting them for showing interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad