Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Lol gonna be pretty funny seeing all the Tampa fans change their opinion of Stamkos again. Cuz apparently he was the 6th most important player on their team. Can't see them being happy with the 6th best player on their team making 8.5. Wish stammer all the best next year, hopefully he can finally win a cup and get back to his 50 goal days to prove all his haters wrong. Sucks it couldn't have been Toronto but I understand the circumstances.

LOL can't wait for some Tampa fans to defend this now.

"Oh we were just talking about Stamkos for those 3 games, we always knew he was amazing"

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Que "We didn't want him anyway" and "Lou and Shanny would get him if they truly wanted him".

Either way, I'm still cautious, glad it's not north of $10 at least. He needs to adapt better if he wants to win the Stanley Cup.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Good for TB fans and Stamkos.

Stammer just gave them a ton of chances to win with this discount.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wow cheap deal, now I have a question for TB fans

How do you feel? Because I was told by a LOT of you that you didn't want him back because you had to many important pieces to sign.

Now he is back so how do you feel? Are you upset or happy?

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
As a Pens fan I was hoping he would leave. But he probably could have made over 10 mil/yr on the open market so kudos to him for taking 8.5 to stay.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I bet Sportsnet and TSN are losing their minds right now...UFA kick off is going to be brutal :laugh:

Nah they're back peddling right now.

Guy hosting TSN 1050 just did a summary update of today's crazy happenings, starting with "Steven Stamkos decides to stay with Tampa, for what everyone was expecting $8.5m a year"

Oh really? All I've heard is "Stamkos might get $12m a year!"

SO much ******** going on right now.

Yeah Tampa offered that, but the media ran with that as a low-ball and he'd get way more from someone else or stay in Tampa for under 10m.

Hilarious everything that's going on.

The Subban and Hall stuff is pretty crazy though...... :amazed:

Can't believe this site didn't crash for days :laugh: Good job HF!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
A hearty "LOL" towards the braintrusts at TSN, who had a virtual "Stamkos to Toronto" clock ticking down since the start of last season.

Oh, "it's a sure thing", we were told. I mean, why WOULDN'T he want to come home, right?

Man, my morning commute just got so much better. :laugh:

At least the wait is finally over. Maybe Stamkos waited this long just to troll the Leafs? Lol

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
After the year Lightning fans had to go through over this ordeal, this is a nice happy ending. No more vulturing.

Time to get Kucherov done.

RatedR

Feb 26, 2016
Great contract, now hopefully we sign Kuch to 6.5 or so for 8 and unload some dead weight like Carle this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad