Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsforlife98

Nov 2, 2011
Good job by Yzerman keeping firm on his best offer and bringing back their captain at a great rate. I was hoping for him to come to the Leafs but Tampa does make the most sense for the many reasons everyone has already talked about. Hopefully he rebounds to form and Tampa can make a few more runs at the cup

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It is. You dodged a bullet here.

Yzerman's gonna have to pull out all his jedi mastery to make this work.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well so much for all of the talk about him going home. In the end a chance to compete for a Cup was probably the main factor with him staying put.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Remember when this offer leaked during the season and everyone said it was "insulting"?

Yeah.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Disappointing end, but I guess winning with Tampa and no state taxes won out. While annoyed, I'm just glad it wasn't Buffalo or Detroit.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
$8.5M was the laughable amount they offered him when i leaked mid-season. And for some reason he settled for it now, right before July 1st? why?

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
$8.5M was the laughable amount they offered him when i leaked mid-season. And for some reason he settled for it now, right before July 1st? why?

He gets an 8th year by accepting now. Starting July 1 the longest deal he could get was 7 years.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
He's either traded or bought out. No way he's on the roster.

Buy out is only 1.8 against the cap.

If they were going to buy him out, shouldn't they have already done so? As a trade piece I think you guys realize that he has significant negative value. I think they probably plan on running out a year of that contract before they move him?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Good! Glad all that nonsense is over with. Just glad he didn't end up in Toronto. I don't know if I could have dealt with TO fans if he had... lol

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
As a Sabres fan, my favorite parts of Stamkos re-signing in Tampa Bay are:

1. Not paying him stupid money and destroying our cap space in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncle blazer

Apr 24, 2015
Toronto, ON
Lol @ the amount of back tracking some Tampa fans are doing and even going so far as now trying to rub it in other fans faces. A month ago he wasn't needed in Tampa and wasn't even a top 5 player on their roster according to a large number of their fans. Either way glad for Stammer hope he scores 50+ this year and plays the entire season+playoffs.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I think from the Bolts' standpoint they should not have done it cause in my opinion he seemed like he just didn't fit and they didn't need him.

From Stamkos' standpoint, Florida is the greatest advantage for any player for your back pocket. They calculated that if you make 10 million, after all the taxes and the rest of the stuff is taken out, in Toronto you end up with 4.6 while in Florida, you have 6.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad