Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If they were going to buy him out, shouldn't they have already done so? As a trade piece I think you guys realize that he has significant negative value. I think they probably plan on running out a year of that contract before they move him?

Probably to see if they needed to? Ya know - like seeing if they were going to give 8.5 million in cap to anyone.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Good deal now, I think it'll be a real anchor in 4 years though. He's not what he was, let's hope he has an Ovechkin-style resurgence.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
For people confused, this is basically 11m a year if he came to canada.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Would be much more telling to not let it get that far, like many of the stars in the league.
Maybe so, but it was obvious he wanted to see what Toronto had to say. A lot of people decided to take from that that he wanted desperately to go home.

I think the most telling thing is that he looked at his options, and decided to stay where he is for less money. (Tax free money, but still less money.)

You're saying if you were a business man, and two outside companies were trying to bid you away from your current company, that you would refuse to listen, even if they offered better money and benefits? Oh please...

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Lol @ the amount of back tracking some Tampa fans are doing and even going so far as now trying to rub it in other fans faces. A month ago he wasn't needed in Tampa and wasn't even a top 5 player on their roster according to a large number of their fans. Either way glad for Stammer hope he scores 50+ this year and plays the entire season+playoffs.

This is so true but some Leaf fans are doing it also.

I wanted him in Toronto but said a few times on here, I figured he would stay in Tampa.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Good deal for Lightning, good for him, glad the Leafs didn't go after them.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Worst day in HF history for Habs fans.

Downgrading our D to save some money for FA, best FA signs before July 1st.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
Getting Matthews definitely made Stamkos a luxury instead of a need. It does suck but I'm not going to lose sleep over it

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Awesome. What a great deal. Yzerman is a genuis.

True, Stammer is worth more NOW but not the last 3 years of the deal he aint. It works out to the right amount.

Kudos to Stammer for bending over slightly to remain with his team. I have a LOT more respect for him.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I don't get why he would wait this long to take the deal he was offered all along. Some people are saying this may be a sign and trade.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good deal now, I think it'll be a real anchor in 4 years though. He's not what he was, let's hope he has an Ovechkin-style resurgence.

An Anchor... hahaha he scored 36 goals last season. He is 26 years old man.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Awesome. What a great deal. Yzerman is a genuis.

True, Stammer is worth more NOW but not the last 3 years of the deal he aint. It works out to the right amount.

Kudos to Stammer for bending over slightly to remain with his team. I have a LOT more respect for him.

Very true and it sets the standard. ie. No one earned more than Lidstrom in Detroit...

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He could still be traded could he not? I assume he will stay but the only team he could get 8 years from is TB if I am not mistaken. They could in fact deal him to a team prepared to pay that contract could they not? (Assuming Stamkos wanted to go to said team.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad