Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
But wait.......THERE'S MOOOOOOREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Que "We didn't want him anyway" and "Lou and Shanny would get him if they truly wanted him".

Either way, I'm still cautious, glad it's not north of $10 at least. He needs to adapt better if he wants to win the Stanley Cup.

It seems pretty split on leafs fans who did/did not want him before this news. I think 99% would have been happy to have him with that cap hit though. thats an amazing deal for tampa.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
This day...is just unbelievable. No one here can say that they didn't expect Stamkos to test free agency.
He did test it. He listened to the offers. And he decided to resign with the team that he was drafted with for almost the rest of his career.

I think it's pretty telling that one of your star players wants to test free agency but reups with you quickly.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Great contract, now hopefully we sign Kuch to 6.5 or so for 8 and unload some dead weight like Carle this offseason

Carle is staying I am going to guess. High cap hit with term as well. It's going to take significant piece to get rid of that.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Happy about this, good deal for both sides, albeit still a bit high for Stamkos. They're my early pick for 2017 cup.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Stamkos left money on the table for sure. Although, maybe not that much after taxes.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Stamkos signed for the right amount of dollars. He knows he isn't a 12 million dollar player. He was worth $10 plus before he broke his leg.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
He actually took the hometown discount!

Remember when people were saying there's no such thing?

Actually 8.5 is probably the equivalent of 10 million in California, or Illinois, I have no idea of what 8.5 would be in Canada based on the tax rate..

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Que "We didn't want him anyway" and "Lou and Shanny would get him if they truly wanted him".

Either way, I'm still cautious, glad it's not north of $10 at least. He needs to adapt better if he wants to win the Stanley Cup.

Before spewing this ignorance, you should really look at polls with Leafs fans. Plenty of us didn't want him at the likely price tag it would have taken(10+ million/season). But nobody here cares about that or will bother looking it up. The fanbase was split.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like the #, but this deal makes me nervous. The only good thing about it is all the tears in Toronto right now.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
He did test it. He listened to the offers. And he decided to resign with the team that he was drafted with for almost the rest of his career.

I think it's pretty telling that one of your star players wants to test free agency but reups with you quickly.

Would be much more telling to not let it get that far, like many of the stars in the league.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Excellent deal. TSN and Sportsnet are probably sad considering the ridiculous hype the Stamkos to Toronto fantasy was getting that they stirred up.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
With all the things going the Leafs way this off-season this was bound to happen. I feel betrayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad