Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Tampa re-signs Stamkos 8 years, 8.5AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I bet Sportsnet and TSN are losing their minds right now...UFA kick off is going to be brutal :laugh:

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Glad he isn't coming to Toronto at 10+. Good to see HF hasn't already flip-flopped from "enjoy your boat anchor contract for a 60 point player" to "hahaha see no one wants to go to Toronto" though, keep up the consistency guys! Certainly paying 8.5*8 for "maybe Tampas 5th most important player" isn't wise?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Stamkos sure is leaving a lot of money on the table. But he's where he should be I suppose.

When you factor in living costs, head, and taxes, he really isn't. Very marginal. On top of that, Stamkos has been rumored to not want such a gargantuous offer from *insert team near Windsor Ontario here* due to the fact that such a large cap hit would make it difficult for said team to build a winner.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
wait...wasn't he in Toronto?

Well his off season home is in Toronto and so is his agents office so yea he probably is.

Thank god the Stamkos saga is over. Now I will have to listen to my fellow Leaf fans move on to pinning all their hopes on Tavares. I almost feel bad for Islander fans. They will have to put up with it for at least a year before they re-sign him. Sorry guys lol.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
I wonder if Tampa fans still think he's trash?

Great deal for Stevie Y. Not sure why it took so long. Good weather, no fan/media pressure, and no taxes sure help.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
In 5 years, salary inflation will make this one of the best contracts in the league.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Honestly, I'm bummed that he went for this little... I was totally fine with $9M and below. This is a great deal for Tampa.

Well, he put winning as priority number 1, can't hate on the guy for that.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Can he do a sign and trade?

Just wondering as I was under the impression he couldn't but my co-worker says it would be allowed. What is the actual rule?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
That's a great cap hit for Tampa. It would seem that Stamkos left money on the table because he knows the open window the team has to get to a Cup (possibly more than once).

As a Leafs fan, it would have been cool but I'm totally cool with the outcome. I was looking forward to the new season and watching the young kids in Toronto regardless. Congrats Tampa. Great deal - now go on and get that Cup next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad