Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XIX: Tankception (BUF @ CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

So, we have the exact same lists. For the exact same reasons, save for Edmonton where it's basically so I can watch him at home or work haha.

we get Eichel and the main boards would lose their collective minds? Sign me up.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Yeah that'd be awesome. I absolutely love what Jarmo has done in Columbus, save the last few contracts. Foligno was fine because he's their heart and soul, but it was clear overpayment. They had to take on Clarkson and the Bob deal is really expensive. Hope they don't have trouble retaining their decent young players.

On the topic of McDavid, if we don't get him I want him in Arizona, Columbus, Ottawa or Edmonton.
Arizona: means wed get Eichel
CBus: so likeable
Ottawa:get to see him all the time
Edmonton:for the tears on HF.

Obviously, I want him in Buffalo above all

No love for Colorado? I've always liked them for some reason. Yeah, that might make them kind of stacked, but I'm okay with that. And it's out west, which is important.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
No love for Colorado? I've always liked them for some reason. Yeah, that might make them kind of stacked, but I'm okay with that. And it's out west, which is important.

I've always liked Colorado as well. They'd have a crazy stacked forward corps, but as you said, it'd be out west.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver

I'm moving to Denver in a few months, and definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Mac bros playing for the Avs all the time.

But I'm praying to the old hockey gods and the new that they will do Buffalo a solid and grant them McJesus.

ZeroPT*

I hate Roy. I'm indifferent towards Colorado but they already have Mack and Duchene. So no. Spread out the skill

I want main boards to go ape **** at the lottery winner. We could cause a lot of tears. Edmonton would too. Ottawa is the hometown team which is fun and Columbus are fun and easy to root for. And Zona bros because we became bros.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I hate Roy. I'm indifferent towards Colorado but they already have Mack and Duchene. So no. Spread out the skill

I want main boards to go ape **** at the lottery winner. We could cause a lot of tears. Edmonton would too. Ottawa is the hometown team which is fun and Columbus are fun and easy to root for. And Zona bros because we became bros.

Toronto would effectuate that. :laugh:

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY

I know this is incredibly unlikely, but if the Isles missed and we got both McDavid and Eichel, this site would spontaneously combust from the rage and the crying.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
I had a dream last night that the Sabres clinched 30th place, and in the dream I was asking myself..."Is this a dream or is this real?" So I have faith that Buffalo will Inception its way to 30th either tomorrow night or this weekend. My dreams are always on point. :yo:

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Here's to hoping that Lack is a sieve tomorrow and Moss and the boys take advantage!!!

Vancouver could lose 1st round home ice if they don't beat us. I think they'll play us tough and the Coyotes will lose. If the Coyotes were to win, or you guys lose to Columbus, I won't be having conflicted feelings at the last game on Saturday. Hope our two teams are in some way picking 1 and 2.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Apparently Cam Atkinson was injured during post game celebrations tonight.

It begins.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Apparently Cam Atkinson was injured during post game celebrations tonight.

It begins.

Can't find any update, but it looks like his left hand/wrist caught the skate blade of one of his teammates as they were leaving the bench at the end of the game.

Bps21*

I think toronto winning the lottery makes buffalo more relevant in the league than any team winning it except ourselves. They can sell the McEichel canada vs. Us rivalry for 15 years. Those home and homes...jesus what fun.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I've always liked Colorado as well. They'd have a crazy stacked forward corps, but as you said, it'd be out west.

If we can't win and get McDavid I'd love it if we clinch last, LA bumps Calgary, & then Calgary got McDavid. That'd be the ultimate consolation prize for them playing their ***** off all year only to get bumped by the Kings.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
If we can't win and get McDavid I'd love it if we clinch last, LA bumps Calgary, & then Calgary got McDavid. That'd be the ultimate consolation prize for them playing their ***** off all year only to get bumped by the Kings.

You certainly have to admire the season the Gaudreaus have had. They've been fun to watch too.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Little to nil hope for an Arizona win tonight and I'm not even going to try to watch this one tonight. Maybe our expansion cousins will hook us up, right? They've clinched, after all.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Little to nil hope for an Arizona win tonight and I'm not even going to try to watch this one tonight. Maybe our expansion cousins will hook us up, right? They've clinched, after all.

Is Miller back yet? Maybe we can convince him to "take one for the former team"

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think toronto winning the lottery makes buffalo more relevant in the league than any team winning it except ourselves. They can sell the McEichel canada vs. Us rivalry for 15 years. Those home and homes...jesus what fun.

What home and homes? It would be more like Toronto 1 and Toronto 2. The amount of money they would pay to see McDavid play against Buffalo would be ridiculous. People would have their season tickets paid off by the first Toronto game, haha.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
As of 4/9 | BUF | ARI
Games Played | 80 | 80 |
Games Remaining | 2 | 2 |
Points | 54 | 56 |
McEichel Number | | 2 |
% of finishing 30th | 93 | 7 |

Convenient Link w/schedule for all 3 teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3QhNNqbpofBFS_dVd-4/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

pubchart

Games Tonight:
Arizona @ Vancouver, 10:00 PM EDT (FS-A,SNP,SNV)

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Please god I don't ask for much, just to live forever, win the lottery, have a hot rich wife. I would give up all of that for an Arizona win.
:bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad