Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XIX: Tankception (BUF @ CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Me too.

They play with zero heart for 75% of the year, then expect to be respected by the fans.

They get pissed when the fans hope, at this point, they lose.... Do they not realize they should have been playing in front of 1500 booing fans all season.

These entitled whiners don't know how good they have it.

I think a large portion of the team played with a lot of heart for most of the year.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Me too.

They play with zero heart for 75% of the year, then expect to be respected by the fans.

They get pissed when the fans hope, at this point, they lose.... Do they not realize they should have been playing in front of 1500 booing fans all season.

These entitled whiners don't know how good they have it.

There's some irony in this post.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Fans if you continue to throw objects onto the ice, the Sabres will be handed a 2-minute delay of game penalty.

Yeah, that'll stop em'.

But, what can they do outside of that? It'd be up to the FNC staff to remove overly disruptive fans.

I seriously lol'd.

Imagine that, the fans tanking :laugh:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Blaming Nolan for us ALMOST being 29th is like blaming Hasek for not winning a cup while he was here.

That team was no where near a cup contender without him. And we're no where near 30th without Nolan.

Nolan is our tank's Hasek. We'd be up with Carolina and Toronto in the standings with a good NHL level coaching staff. Easily.

Karate Johnson*

There's some irony in this post.

I get it.

But seriously.

The team of losers has had fans in the building all season because the fans truly do care.

The fans have given them a pass all season because most are on board with the plan.

But now, when literally everything except McEichel is out of reach, the players want honest home fan reactions?

The ONLY thing fans have had to be excited about for 3 years are draft picks. That's it. Nothing else about anything this team has done has been remotely interesting.*

*The Kane trade was interesting and fun. But that also has nothing to do with this season.

But the point is the players have to be in denial or stupid if they think the fans would, or should, care about anything but last place.

Going to Sabres games for the hockey is a waste of time and money. They are awful.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I get it.

But seriously.

The team of losers has had fans in the building all season because the fans truly do care.

The fans have given them a pass all season because most are on board with the plan.

But now, when literally everything except McEichel is out of reach, the players want honest home fan reactions?

The ONLY thing fans have had to be excited about for 3 years are draft picks. That's it. Nothing else about anything this team has done has been remotely interesting.*

*The Kane trade was interesting and fun. But that also has nothing to do with this season.

But the point is the players have to be in denial or stupid if they think the fans would, or should, care about anything but last place.

Going to Sabres games for the hockey is a waste of time and money. They are awful.

If it's too much for you, then don't go. The players on the team aren't "losers," nor are they in denial or stupid. They are competitive athletes playing for a coach known for getting players motivated, even if he has other limitations as a coach. They aren't going to stop trying.

Karate Johnson*

If it's too much for you, then don't go. The players on the team aren't "losers," nor are they in denial or stupid. They are competitive athletes playing for a coach known for getting players motivated, even if he has other limitations as a coach. They aren't going to stop trying.

Oh no.... They are most definatley losers. They have lost more than anyone in the past two years.

And they are absolutely in denial or stupid if they think the fans should have any interest in thier performance on the ice outside of wrapping up a draft pick.

Karate Johnson*

"Hockey Heaven" :laugh: What a joke that turned out to be.

In regards to the on ice product absolutely.

The off ice stuff has been great, but unfortunately I don't care about harbor center, junior hockey tournaments, getting the draft, lockerooms etc.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
In regards to the on ice product absolutely.

Yep, that's what I was referring to.

Sometimes you have to go through Hockey Purgatory before you can get to Hockey Heaven.

Don't you know your Hockey Theology?

:D

In a few years I'm sure we'll be competing in the post season regularly and we can all look back on this and laugh. But for now... yeesh.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
idk but it might have to do with the whole grownup lifestyle! what do i know i hit the hay at 5 most nights.

I was just having fun and it's totally that, some people shriek at the idea of staying up past a certain time. It's nice being in your early 20s sometimes.

Karate Johnson*

I was just having fun and it's totally that, some people shriek at the idea of staying up past a certain time. It's nice being in your early 20s sometimes.

I've been staying up to watch Yotes, and for a time oiler, games.

I also have a 1 year old and 3 year old who get up between 5:30-6:30 7 days a week.

It's been awful. But it's not like I would be able to go to sleep anyway.

Thank god my wife is cool.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton

I know, i got you. Just poking fun at old(er) people. I'm well prepared for the night this doozy is clinched.

I feel like I'm going to be in my early 20's in my 30's haha

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Blaming Nolan for us ALMOST being 29th is like blaming Hasek for not winning a cup while he was here.

That team was no where near a cup contender without him. And we're no where near 30th without Nolan.

Nolan is our tank's Hasek. We'd be up with Carolina and Toronto in the standings with a good NHL level coaching staff. Easily.

I see the exact opposite.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I had a daydream that Ron Rolston was still here. We'd have had this locked up (down) in February.

It was so peaceful, and my home life was much improved. I'm sending Nolan the bill for my divorce lawyer.

What's Rolston's win% with the Sabres?
What's Nolan's win% with the Sabres (this stint)?

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

I see the exact opposite.

I do too - a large number of points the Sabres garnered this season seemed to come from goaltending standing on its head to steal points and/or motivational tactics by Nolan with the "all-for-one" mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad