Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XIX: Tankception (BUF @ CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

Do you think, if it came down to it, the players (or at least some of them) would do the right thing and mail it in when they had to?

Like its 2-1 Pittsburgh with 5:00 left.... Do you think some of them would avoid scoring?

I obviously can't say for sure, but if I was Moulson or Ennis (I had job security) o would probably do that.

These guys aren't stupid, I would hope they consider the future on some level at this point.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Do you think, if it came down to it, the players (or at least some of them) would do the right thing and mail it in when they had to?

Like its 2-1 Pittsburgh with 5:00 left.... Do you think some of them would avoid scoring?

I obviously can't say for sure, but if I was Moulson or Ennis (I had job security) o would probably do that.

These guys aren't stupid, I would hope they consider the future on some level at this point.

Players are competitive by their nature. They can't just "turn it off".

No players will be tanking on Saturday.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

I think they give 100%. It may affect them if the crowd is against them but I cant see them beating Pittsburgh if it means the playoffs for them.

If Pittsburgh loses to us, there is a good chance they miss the playoffs. Of course Ottawa has to win both games. Facing NYR tonight wont be easy.

Clock

May 13, 2006

I agree, but you'v gotta think they're aware of how they'll be villified by a significant portion of the fanbase if nothing else.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that and either Arizona wins tonight or Columbus destroys us tomorrow.

Karate Johnson*

I don't buy that. They aren't robots.

They can obviously go through the motions, I've seen it multiple times this season.

Would you be laying it on the line, blocking shots and going hard to the net in game 82 in 30th place.

Whether they like it or not, no amount of effort in these last two games is going to make this season any less pathetic.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Little to nil hope for an Arizona win tonight and I'm not even going to try to watch this one tonight. Maybe our expansion cousins will hook us up, right? They've clinched, after all.

Coyotes beat the Canucks and came within a bad penalty of taking them to OT.

I give them a 30% chance of winning tonight

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
There are tons of games across the league in which players go through the motions for a myriad of reasons. I simply don't buy the all compete all the time, programmed to compete notion - especially when there's only two games left.

Sabres finish 29th and most of the returning Sabres will be reviled for the next few years. Bad for the fans, bad for the team, bad for the players, bad for the organization. Some fans will stop buying tickets and merchandise and find other ways to spend their time and money. No good can come from winning out.

Sabres finish 30th and the returning Sabres will enjoy the presence of a generational or extremely high quality player on their team. They will eventually rise to be among the best in the league. They will get tons of national exposure and come free agent time - they will benefit from higher goal and points totals resulting in higher salaries. In the meanwhile they will compete for a Cup. The will be loved by the fans. Tons of merchandise will be sold and ticket sales will be brisk. TV viewership will be consistently excellent. Great for the returning players, great for fans, great for the organization.

I don't believe that there are players on the team who do not realize this.....

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I agree, but you'v gotta think they're aware of how they'll be villified by a significant portion of the fanbase if nothing else.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that and either Arizona wins tonight or Columbus destroys us tomorrow.

I think the Columbus game will be close enough to make a few nervous. It isn't going to be the pasting that Toronto got last night for sure.

But, I think it'll be a solid win for C-bus. They have enough big bodies to pin us deep in our own end and break the 1-2-2.

Karate Johnson*

Ted Nolan is such a terrible coach for what we're trying g to do.

Why not, if you're going to be awful, at least try to play exciting hockey.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Honest question,

If the Sabres fans try to affect the outcome of the last game for McEichel by throwing stuff on the ice, booing and just being disruptive does the NHL do anything?

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Honest question,

If the Sabres fans try to effect the outcome of the last game for McEichel by throwing stuff on the ice, booing and just being disruptive does the NHL do anything?

Fans if you continue to throw objects onto the ice, the Sabres will be handed a 2-minute delay of game penalty.

Yeah, that'll stop em'.

But, what can they do outside of that? It'd be up to the FNC staff to remove overly disruptive fans.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Honest question,

If the Sabres fans try to affect the outcome of the last game for McEichel by throwing stuff on the ice, booing and just being disruptive does the NHL do anything?

I would hope this isn't a realistic scenario. It would be both stupid and highly embarrassing.

Karate Johnson*

Fans if you continue to throw objects onto the ice, the Sabres will be handed a 2-minute delay of game penalty.

Yeah, that'll stop em'.

But, what can they do outside of that? It'd be up to the FNC staff to remove overly disruptive fans.

So you're saying that the fans can put Buffalo consistantly in the box

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I think they give 100%. It may affect them if the crowd is against them but I cant see them beating Pittsburgh if it means the playoffs for them.

If Pittsburgh loses to us, there is a good chance they miss the playoffs. Of course Ottawa has to win both games. Facing NYR tonight wont be easy.

Keep in mind Rangers have clinched Pres trophey. They really have 0 reason to play hard, except to perhaps just "keep it going"

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I think Detroit got penalized for fans throwing Octopus on the ice. Only time I can remember a team getting penalized because of the fans.

Karate Johnson*

We would be several points out of 30th with a competent coaching staff

I didn't say competent.

Just a more aggressive system.

Playing Nolans style with a bad team is actually probably more conducive to keeping us in games.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
If the Sabres don't pick first or second, I will not watch the draft and will likely give serious thought to cancelling my Centre Ice package. I will be so disgusted and bitter that I'm not sure how much hockey I will want to watch going forward.

ClassicBusiness

Mar 20, 2012
Sabres should lose Friday but it's just the way they play that makes me feel it will be close...

The Nolan Compete level is ingrained into this team how to prove themselves to spite the fans.

You know damn well Nolan has said "Even the fans are against you!" "Play for the man next to you and leave your heart and soul out there and let's get 29TH!!!." As the players skate out to Started from the Bottom by Drake led by Pat Kaleta.

I really hate this Sabres team.

Karate Johnson*

If the Sabres don't pick first or second, I will not watch the draft and will likely give serious thought to cancelling my Centre Ice package. I will be so disgusted and bitter that I'm not sure how much hockey I will want to watch going forward.

Yup.

The first 5 years of "Hockey Heaven" will have been a complete and utter disaster.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Good news on the Isles front for us. Isles can no longer face Pens in 1st round of playoffs. They're gonna face either Caps, Lightning, Habs or Rangers. I like those teams ousting the Isles better than the Pens

Karate Johnson*

Sabres should lose Friday but it's just the way they play that makes me feel it will be close...

The Nolan Compete level is ingrained into this team how to prove themselves to spite the fans.

You know damn well Nolan has said "Even the fans are against you!" "Play for the man next to you and leave your heart and soul out there and let's get 29TH!!!." As the players skate out to Started from the Bottom by Drake led by Pat Kaleta.

I really hate this Sabres team.

Me too.

They play with zero heart for 75% of the year, then expect to be respected by the fans.

They get pissed when the fans hope, at this point, they lose.... Do they not realize they should have been playing in front of 1500 booing fans all season.

These entitled whiners don't know how good they have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad