WC: Sweden wins 2013 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorkan

I mean. How can it be an offside if the puck has not crossed the line into the zone? Thats the defintiion of an offside. The puck has to cross the line first.

There is no delayed offside at that moment forcing Landeskog to clear the zone.

Please don't get me wrong, Sweden deserved the win and I am not trying to contest that, so please let's not get polemic over this. But here are the official rules according to the IIHF rulebook (Rule 450):

"The determining factors in deciding an offside are:
1. The player’s skates position - player is offside when both skates are completely over
the blue line in his attacking zone before the puck completely crosses the line,
2. The puck position - the puck shall have completely crossed the blue line into the
attacking zone.
3. If a player is propelling the puck and crosses the line ahead of the puck while
skating backward, the player is not offside provided he is actually in control of the
puck and has both skates in the neutral zone before crossing the blue line."

1. Landeskog was clearly in the attacking zone before the puck crossed the line.
2. The puck was fully over the blue line and in the neutral zone.
3. Landeskog did not skate backward and did not have both skates in the neutral zone before crossing the blue line.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Please don't get me wrong, Sweden deserved the win and I am not trying to contest that, so please let's not get polemic over this. But here are the official rules according to the IIHF rulebook (Rule 450):

1. The player’s skates position - player is offside when both skates are completely over
the blue line in his attacking zone before the puck completely crosses the line,
2. The puck position - the puck shall have completely crossed the blue line into the
attacking zone.
3. If a player is propelling the puck and crosses the line ahead of the puck while
skating backward, the player is not offside provided he is actually in control of the

1. Landeskog was clearly in the attacking zone before the puck crossed the line.
3. Landeskog did not skate backward and did not have both skates in the neutral zone before crossing the blue line.

Honestly dude, who cares. As you say yourself, the better team won. I could understand some people beating a dead horse if Sweden won by 1 goal

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden

attacking zone.

Your point 2 and 2 says that there was no offside.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Honestly dude, who cares. As you say yourself, the better team won. I could understand some people beating a dead horse if Sweden won by 1 goal
Technically, it was the goal that killed the game - the rest was just padding on an opponent that had already been broken.

But eh, after discussing about this with several people, I have to agree, not an offside - or at least a call that could as easily be interpreted onside as offside. So the refs did not decide this game. Gerber did, by thinking he had the puck. Maybe the old man would have needed a special helmet with extra room for glasses underneath.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland

I'll say it again, if the puck is in the neutral zone there is no reason to call offside, that picture posted in this thread doesn't prove anything. If you stop the video right when the puck crosses the blue line, you'll see that one of Landeskog's skates was touching it.

Seriously, people need to let it go. Or learn the most basic rule in hockey.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden

attacking zone

You need to read that again and think about it. When the puck crossed the blue line into the attacking zone (the neutral zon does not matter) Landeskog was not offside.

doubleaxes

Nov 25, 2012
this was never a issue in Switzerland, nor in the press or amoung players and forums. I think it was not even mentionned. Everybody aknowledges Sweden's victory for being the better team. Point.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Like the team staff in 2011..

N6pf7kbtpQPncJytiZlo.gif

mqdefault.jpg

haha old Pasi Nuurminen. that was so fun. i thoguht fins could drink :)

Rille

Jan 22, 2011
Örnsköldsvik
Best active brothers in swedish hockey:

1. Sedins
2. Lundqvists
3. Kronwalls
4. Ericssons
5. Hjalmarssons
6. Stålbergs
7. Klingbergs

more?

any cousins?

I think Tobias,Tommy,Thomas and Tina Enström(Sweden women Olympics 2010) should have the number five spot Victor and Oscar Hedman the sixth and Marcus and Martin Johansson the seventh but I guess it depends how you evaluate peak vs consistency but I guess the podium is set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad