WC: Sweden wins 2013 World Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Well deserved gold Sweden!!! :handclap::handclap:

And I'm very happy for our silver.
EDIT:
I posted some image claiming it was offside: I was wrong and deeply ashamed for my mistakes. I thought there was a short moment between the possession of the puck by Landeskog and the touching of the blue line, but this it wouldn't have matter, since by the time the puck returned in the third, he was already cleared.

Nevertheless, Sweden was superior and calmer, we were tired and nervous (too many stupid penalties, starting from ambuhl :rant:). At the end we started doing stupid mistakes, from gerber to vauclair, and the silver is the logic consequence. But I'm proud of the boys, what a fantastic attitude and spirit of sacrifice!!

Last edited:

tikkanen5rings*

Wow, 2,9 million watched the final. The highest tv-rating in the world championship since 80's if I got it correct.

What happened to the "no one cares about hockey in Sweden"?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

It's the difference I suppose to be a die hard fan or a casual fan. When comes to national teams it's general more casual fans I guess, compared to hockey clubs.

Then of course its a lot easier and cheaper to watch the hockey at the TV, no trafficjams to get to and back from the arena , no overpriced low alcohol beers etc etc.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
About the golden helmets, both some Canadians and some Finns seem offended by it. If it's about the fact that they took them on before the game had ended I can agree with the critism a little bit, I reacted about that too a bit, but then again; take a chill pill!

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland

To end the dispute about the third goal once and for all, see the attachment.

It was clearly offside (the player was at least at 80 cm from the blue line when the puck exited the first time).

Nevertheless, Sweden was superior and calmer, we were tired and nervous (too many stupid penalties, starting from ambuhl :rant:). At the end we started doing stupid mistakes, from gerber to vauclair, and the silver is the logic consequence. But I'm proud of the boys, what a fantastic attitude and spirit of sacrifice!!

This image only proves that at some point the puck was in the neutral zone while the player was in the offensive zone, but if you stop the video at the exact moment the puck crosses the blue line, you'll see that Landeskog's skate was touching the blue line.

I have more of a problem with the fifth goal, but the game was already over at this point anyway.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
This image only proves that at some point the puck was in the neutral zone while the player was in the offensive zone, but if you stop the video at the exact moment the puck crosses the blue line, you'll see that Landeskog's skate was touching the blue line.

I have more of a problem with the fifth goal, but the game was already over at this point anyway.

Maybe there should been another penalty Sweden before it yes.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm

It was clearly offside (the player was at least at 80 cm from the blue line when the puck exited the first time).

Wasn't offside, learn the rules.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd

Swedes care about swedish triumph. The words final, gold, sweden and globen would draw any crowd. The empty seats at the game can probbs be explained as dissapointed russians who wasted alot of money:laugh:

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden

IIHF rule 450 says:
No Offside!

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Whoever said nobody cares about hockey IN SWEDEN is ****ing stupid. Not many care about it in Stockholm, though, relatively speaking.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Happy as a Leafs fan that Sweden won. Granberg looked good and won his 3rd major championship and is only 20 years old. U18 silver, U20 gold, SEL championship and now he's won the WC.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Happy as a Leafs fan that Sweden won. Granberg looked good and won his 3rd major championship and is only 20 years old. U18 silver, U20 gold, SEL championship and now he's won the WC.
Pretty remarkable. He used to only win silver medals.

2008-2009 J18 SM Silver Medal
2008-2009 TV-Pucken Silver Medal
2009-2010 U18 WJC Silver Medal
2010-2011 Elitserien SM-silver Medal
2010-2011 J20 SM Silver Medal
2011-2012 Elitserien SM-silver Medal

2011-2012 U20 WJC Gold Medal
2012-2013 Elitserien Champion
2012-2013 World Championship Gold Medal

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Pretty remarkable. He used to only win silver medals.

2008-2009 J18 SM Silver Medal
2008-2009 TV-Pucken Silver Medal
2009-2010 U18 WJC Silver Medal
2010-2011 Elitserien SM-silver Medal
2010-2011 J20 SM Silver Medal
2011-2012 Elitserien SM-silver Medal

2011-2012 U20 WJC Gold Medal
2012-2013 Elitserien Champion
2012-2013 World Championship Gold Medal

That's a damn fine collection of medals for a 20 year old.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Whoever said nobody cares about hockey IN SWEDEN is ****ing stupid. Not many care about it in Stockholm, though, relatively speaking.

Well, we care and we win but we are spoiled.

Swedish champions 47 times? (teams from Stockholm)

A winning rate higher than 50% (88 swedish national championsships in total played).

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Noone cares enough about hockey in Stockholm to pay 2k swedish crones to see a hockey game.
True.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund

We care when we win. If we'd have lost to Canada, we'd be back to the usual of Zlatan getting more media attention than all of hockey combined.

WildFinn*

Congratulations, Swedes know how to win the games that matter. :handclap:

Ps. The rioting was maybe too much. :p:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
... To end the dispute about the third goal once and for all, see the attachment.

It was clearly offside (the player was at least at 80 cm from the blue line when the puck exited the first time)...
What is that screenshot supposed to prove, it proves nothing as Landeskog is not in possession of the puck. Your explanation is even more confusing. There is something called delayed offside. Landeskog exited the zone within the rules and entered it again.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Yep my mistake! I will edit my post with the appropriate reaction. It wasn't offside. I'm sorry fellow sweden for the irritation I've caused. As I said, I hope this was the first of a beatiful rivalry for medals.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Would have been cool to see something different and the Swiss win their first but congrats to Sweden on their 9th.

Wow, 2,9 million watched the final. The highest tv-rating in the world championship since 80's if I got it correct.

That is a pretty impressive number especially when you consider the last time Sweden won the tournament 'only' about 1.8 million people watched the final.

Sweden also seems to really like CSI... Or at least it did in 2006.;)

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
High resolution image. (Via @HockeyWebCast)

G8DXCmL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad