Around the League 44: The Three Thousand Mile Final

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I’ve been on this earth for 11,173 days today and I have never been alive for a Canadian team to win a Stanley Cup. I’m soaking it in that today might be the last day of that peacefulness. Truly a sad day.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Edm was the better team in game one, and in these three games. I don’t see Florida choking, I see Edm figuring them out and showing why they’re here. They’ve taken these games. Good for them.
On one hand, I agree Edmonton is just better.

On the other hand, f*** it, if Florida loses the next game I'm calling him Tkachoke the rest of his career

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Edmonton has looked totally relaxed since the start of Game 4. Florida definitely looks like they're choking on the moment, and you can see them deflate every time Edmonton scores first, like they're just waiting for it to happen. I just hope for a good Game 7, a la Game 5, whoever wins. (Although, can't they both lose? No?)

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
McGroarty and Winni no longer speaking. I hate being old school sometimes, and I do want guys to have rights but this batch of US kids is starting to come off poorly if it’s similar to the Gauthier situation. Earn your place in the league and choose where you want to go when it’s time.

If that’s what it is. I don’t know the details really so I’ll wait to hear more about it. You have to doubt it’s about performance bonuses or something seemingly minor.

Immensely happy for Foegdaddy. Makes me want you guys to win even more so he will be cemented in Stanley Cup history.
I loved it when he scored his first in front of his Mom, and his role in the three best friends anyone could ever really have.

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
I hate seeing good things happen to eastern conference teams. I hate even the idea of seeing good things happening to eastern conference teams.

8b32d5c7-20f9-46a8-8636-892c772a9985_text.gif

I mean, Bedard to Chicago instead of CBJ was a huge win in my book. Not just for us, but for society.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
And if Florida wins it in double ot no one will care that it took till game 7. It’ll be viewed as a great series and Florida has a cup.

More interesting to me is if Edm wins, and what people always say about cup winners and the moves they make. All moves become justified because all moves played a role in winning the cup.

Therefore signing Nurse to his contract is a justified move! No such thing as an overpaid player or a bad trade on a team that won the cup. I’ll be pulling up a chair with some popcorn for that debate.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I was expecting the Florida cats were only playing with their prey and taking Game 7 like an exhibition game, but apparently they are planning to make it more interesting.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
It's funny how quickly things can change.

At the time of Nurse deal, the agent caught the Edmonton management in total fear and projecting nurse was going to be their #1 cornerstone after one semi decent year of production because they had no one else on the roster or in the pipeline after Klefbom career gets cut short...

Very short time gap in between where they land Eckholm who is a perfect Oiler with a family that wants to be in the cold weather of Edmonton. Then Bouchard makes a huge step in development this season and realllly rounds out his game compared to where he was a year ago... suddenly you are looking at that Nurse deal and fave palming yourself over and over and over again asking what the heck were we thinking?

Reactions: cptjeff

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i'm trying to come up with an answer to "what would be the funniest outcome tonight?"

I'm thinking Florida winning something like 9-1 is the answer. either that or florida going up 3-0, then edmonton storms back to win 4-3. and 4-3.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad