WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
C: Lander
A: Erixon
A: Landeskog (why not?)

Landeskog should be the captain of this team. Lead by voice and by example. But I guess Lander is okay too and more familiar with the other players. But Landeskog is the ideal captain in my opinion.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lander is the natural(and obvious) choice after wearing the C previously, 100 bucks says he's the captain on this team too.

For what it's worth, the last time the best team with the NA players were included Lander wore the C, Landeskog and Lehner had A's. That was back in July. In Czech Republic a few weeks ago without the latter two, the A's were C. Klingberg and J. Larsson.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Lander is the natural(and obvious) choice after wearing the C previously, 100 bucks says he's the captain on this team too.

For what it's worth, the last time the best team with the NA players were included Lander wore the C, Landeskog and Lehner had A's. That was back in July. In Czech Republic a few weeks ago without the latter two, the A's were C. Klingberg and J. Larsson.

Lehner had an A when he played in the U18s? Interesting.

Landeskog might get the shaft but he's got born leader written all over him, being the Captain of the Kitchener Rangers has gotta be one of the biggest roles an OHL player can take on. His first hand knowledge of playing North American style hockey and his familiarity with many of the players playing for Canada and perhaps a couple with the USA will be an added benefit to Sweden. I think he should probably wear an A.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lehner had an A when he played in the U18s? Interesting.

Landeskog might get the shaft but he's got born leader written all over him, being the Captain of the Kitchener Rangers has gotta be one of the biggest roles an OHL player can take on. His first hand knowledge of playing North American style hockey and his familiarity with many of the players playing for Canada and perhaps a couple with the USA will be an added benefit to Sweden. I think he should probably wear an A.

It was a U20 tournament this summer in which he had an A. All the good Swedish players participated in that tournament like OEL, Pajaarvi and Josefson.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
It was a U20 tournament this summer in which he had an A. All the good Swedish players participated in that tournament like OEL, Pajaarvi and Josefson.

It's nice to see him recognized as a model player, his reputation for relentless work ethic appears to follow him wherever he goes. I guess he's more of a lock for Sweden's starter position then I thought. Saw Robin for two periods from behind his net when the AHL team played in Ottawa Friday night....very athletic for a big guy and leaves no holes. Could be a tough guy to beat come Christmas time.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Any chance Pajaarvi gets released? Hes stuggled of late with the Oilers, and is currently on 4th line duty... it sounds crazy that hes still eligable, but with him there the Swedes would have, without a doubt the best offensive player in the tournie
He's not getting the points but he's been getting chances in the last 3 or 4 games. He looks good with Gagner. Eventually the points will start to come.

SChan*

it is announced that Paajarvi and Josefson wont be released by their NHL clubs. OEL is still doubtful. Hopefully Robin Lehner will be able to go, or else sweden will miss 4 high profile players at WJC, more than USA.

Afro Thunder*

Hopefully Sorenson gets the nod, so we can actually get a picture of the guy.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
it is announced that Paajarvi and Josefson wont be released by their NHL clubs. OEL is still doubtful. Hopefully Robin Lehner will be able to go, or else sweden will miss 4 high profile players at WJC, more than USA.

Why wouldn't Lehner be able to go? Not needed in Ottawa and Binghamton has other decent goalies aswell afaik. AHL players usually get to go unless they are close to callups.

SChan*

Why wouldn't Lehner be able to go? Not needed in Ottawa and Binghamton has other decent goalies aswell afaik.

expressen just posted an article that lehner is by no means a sure thing.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
expressen just posted an article that lehner is by no means a sure thing.

Because Ottawa may not let him? I'd be surprised, his counterpart in the AHL Barry Brust was actually signed to be the organizations 5th goaltender but when the other AHL guy went down with injury along with Pascal Leclaire getting injured, Lehner got called up to back up and Barry Brust took over the starters job with the AHL team. Lehner's played well and has had a couple rough ones to go along with his weird start to the year...Ottawa doesn't have much of a reason to not let him go though.

Goalies are a little different though, if he's as close to NHL ready as they seem to think they may not see the merit in him going back to facing inferior junior shots. The chances of him gaining confidence from it may be outweighed by the chance it actually hurts his confidence if they perform poorly.

I hope to see him there though, I had my first live viewing right up close the other night....looked like he could put Sweden over the top in any given game at the WJC.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Lander can't speak English and seems to be really shy. I know he gives his all out on the ice but he shouldn't be captain.

I'm a little confused...how would this affect his captaincy of a Swedish team? Do they not speak Swedish in the room and on the ice?

Also, how bad is his English? Similar to Paajarvi when he came over to NA last year? Because MP is getting a lot better and seems to be coming out of shell quite a bit this year...hopefully Lander can do the same thing next year

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Captaincy isn´t about big name, but about leadership and respect... anybody who´s not in touch with the players and doesn´t know them personally can hardly say who should be captain.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I'm a little confused...how would this affect his captaincy of a Swedish team? Do they not speak Swedish in the room and on the ice?

Also, how bad is his English? Similar to Paajarvi when he came over to NA last year? Because MP is getting a lot better and seems to be coming out of shell quite a bit this year...hopefully Lander can do the same thing next year

No I was thinking more about if he is to talk to the ref.
At least when I saw Lander getting interviewed after he was drafted.
It is very possible he's better now though.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Rönnberg on captaincy: "We'll let the players have a word in it".

And on Lehner: "We will wait for Lehner until the WJC starts".

Aptur

Sep 13, 2009
Well, I had no chance to write down all the names. Anybody got all the names?

The captain will be decided by voting from the players and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad