WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
MPS - Jacob Josefson - Gabriel Landeskog

Patrik Cehlin - Calle Jarnkrok - John Norman

Carl Klingberg - Anton Lander - Sebastian Wannstrom

Jesper Fasth - Oscar Lindberg - Johan Larsson

Ludvig Rensfeldt

Adam Larsson - OEL

Adam Almquist - Tim Erixon

Patrik Nemeth - Simon Bertilsson

Peter Andersson

Robin Lehner
Fredrik Wentzel

Last edited:

ZDatsZuke

This year, maybe
Mar 23, 2010
I think Jonas Brodin could take a spot has looked very mature the few times i have seen him, how is Bertilsson, Andersson, Nemeth doing?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Team to be named Thursday on the Swedish hockey night show. I expect a few dark horses.

SChan*

Sweden's WJC selection camp roster announced

predictions?

Forwards:

Jarnkrok
Landeskog
Rensfeldt
Lander
Cehlin
Wannstrom
Larsson
Norman
Rask
Wallen
Klingberg (though he has sucked this season)

Defensemen:

Larsson
Erixon
Bertilsson
Styrman
Almqvist
Nemeth
Heed

Goalies:

Lehner
FPW

Last edited by a moderator:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
predictions?

Forwards:

Jarnkrok
Landeskog
Rensfeldt
Lander
Cehlin
Wannstrom
Larsson
Norman
Rask
Wallen
Klingberg (though he has sucked this season)

Defensemen:

Larsson
Erixon
Bertilsson
Styrman
Almqvist
Nemeth
Heed

Goalies:

Lehner
FPW

My prediction:

Jarnkrok
Wannstrom
Rensfeldt
J.Larsson
Cehlin
Norman
Klingberg
Wallen
Fasth
Lindberg
Lander
Landeskog
Sundstrom

A.Larsson
Erixon
Bertilsson
P.Andersson
Nemeth
Almquist
Ekman-Larsson(Owuya)

Lehner
Petersson-Wentzel

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So is lehner basically a lock for making the team? if so, is he a lock for the starting position?

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Do any of the Sweden posters think Anton Lander will be the captain of this team?

Also, what about Victor Rask? Unlike Canada, Sweden has never really worried about taking players that are younger and draft eligible...I guess it depends on the depth you guys have down the middle already

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jarnkrok
Wannstrom
Rensfeldt
J.Larsson
Cehlin
Norman
Klingberg
Johansson
Fasth
Lindberg
Lander
Landeskog
Wallen

Larsson
Erixon
Bertilsson
Klingberg
Nemeth
Almquist
Mylläri

Lehner
Wentzel

Last edited:

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Is Sorensen in the mix(Question mark because this keeps happening É) I believe he was invited to the training camp but am not sure where he fits on the depth chart

Weide

Jul 28, 2003
Linköping, Sweden
IMO Klas Dahlbeck should be a lock as a shutdown d-man. But he probably wont be picked because he isn't well known or flashy enough.
His first season in the SEL and he has been the 2nd or 3rd best defenseman on a team loaded with veteran d-men. He is a +8 (tied for 9th in the SEL).
He went undrafted last year and could be a really good pick in the later rounds of this years draft.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
30 players will be selected on Thursday (2/12) to participate in a minicamp (13-17/12), the "final" roster will be chosen on December 18. Hopefully with one or two from the NHL, not that I think it will happen but still.

Here´s a useful link from Swehockey:
http://www.swehockey.se/Landslag/Herr/Team-20/2011-IIHF-World-U20-Championship/

I also think that Dahlbeck should be on the team, ahead of players like Jonas Brodin and anyone else than Lander as captain would surprise me.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Any chance Pajaarvi gets released? Hes stuggled of late with the Oilers, and is currently on 4th line duty... it sounds crazy that hes still eligable, but with him there the Swedes would have, without a doubt the best offensive player in the tournie

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Any chance Pajaarvi gets released? Hes stuggled of late with the Oilers, and is currently on 4th line duty... it sounds crazy that hes still eligable, but with him there the Swedes would have, without a doubt the best offensive player in the tournie

He has played the majority of the games in the top 9 forwards...he has played for a brief time on the top line as well...but 90% of the time he plays on the 3rd line...he got demoted to the 4th line for 2 games because they wanted to give Ryan Jones a bigger role (not exactly sure why...)

Anyways, there is zero chance he gets released for the tournament...my guess is there is a better chance he would get sent down to the AHL for a bit, but even that seems very unlikely right now

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Those of you who suggest Rask (or any other 93-born player for that matter) for the WJC can forget about it. All the top names of the swedish 93-crop(incl.Rask) have been nominated for the U18 camp that will be held at the same time as the U20 pre-WJC-camp.
So expect only players born 91 & 92 for U20 WJC Team Sweden. Not surprising really because the swedish 91ers has good depth and lots of drafted players will have to be left out.

Last edited:

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Those of you who suggest Rask (or any other 93-born player for that matter) for the WJC can forget about it. All the top names of the swedish 93-crop(incl.Rask) have been nominated for the U18 camp that will be held at the same time as the U20 pre-WJC-camp.

Jonas Brodin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad