WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berglund1313

May 22, 2008
Sweden
Yeah, I call BS on that.

But hey, Sweden's defence looked great last night. They don't need a big, physical guy, who is used to North American hockey at all.... Kilstrom looked great in particular. :sarcasm:

So what you say it is ok for you to say Urbom is better from seeing one game from sweden and the swedish coach cant juge in a few games ?
MÃ¥rts Knows what he is doing he has still brought sweden too 2 straight Finals .

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Here were Urbom's comments on Lubke's blog after being left off the team

"Brandon Wheat Kings' defenceman Alexander Urbom won't be headed to the World Juniors Hockey Championship after all.

The 19-year old learned over the weekend that he's been left off the Swedish roster for the 2010 event in Saskatchewan.

"I was a little bit surprised that I wasn't on the team. I've been with that team and practiced with them for a long time so I was little bit surprised," says Urbom, who has five goals, 16 points and a +12 rating in 26 games this season, "Of course it's bad news but now I can focus 110 percent on Brandon."

Urbom spent a few days in Montreal in early November at a training camp with the Swedish junior team, flying directly to the camp the day after Brandon returned from their 13-day road trip.

"They told me that in Montreal that I didn't show the right kind of energy to play," says Urbom, "They knew I was coming direct from a two week road trip in the States so I thought there would be more understanding."

Urbom's disappointment can he shared by his fellow countrymen across Canada.

None of the Swedish players in the Canadian Hockey League were chosen to the Swedish team for the World Junior championshiop.

Urbom's bad news is good news for the Wheat Kings, who now have the unexpected fortune of having the defenceman in their lineup through to the Christmas break and in the period after the holiday.

Meanwhile, Toni Rajala expects to hear confirmation on his selection to the Finnish team for the World Junior Championship later this week or early next week.

The Canadian Junior Team's selection camp roster will be announced on Wednesday.

Wheat Kings' Brayden Schenn, Scott Glennie and Colby Robak are all expected to make the grade. "

I'm surprised the Swedes don't have room on their roster for a guy who has proven himself on the smaller ice surface.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I'm surprised the Swedes don't have room on their roster for a guy who has proven himself on the smaller ice surface.

Why are you surprised? He didn't get left out because he didn't have skills, but rather that he played in the WHL.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
The ten biggest and five smallest players on the squad:

Player |Height |Height (ft) |Weight |Weight (lb)
Nilsson Anders |195 |6'5" |100 |220
Markström Jacob |193 |6'4" |83 |183
Ekholm Mattias |192 |6'3" |91 |201
Rasmussen Dennis |191 |6'3" |91 |201
Klingberg Carl |190 |6'3" |93 |205
Andersson Peter |190 |6'3" |88 |194
Rundblad David |189 |6'2" |90 |198
Larsson Adam |188 |6'2" |95 |209
Erixon Tim |188 |6'2" |93 |205
Pääjärvi-Svensson Magnus |186 |6'1" |90 |198
|
Johansson Marcus |182 |6'0" |84 |185
Rödin Anton |182 |6'0" |80 |176
Krüger Marcus |182 |6'0" |78 |172
Petersson Andre |180 |5'11" |80 |176
Tedenby Mattias |178 |5'10" |80 |176
if tedenby is 5'10 then chara is 7'2.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
as a devil's fan, i really hope that tedenby takes off in this tournament. i'm excited about josefson too.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
As a Team Canada fan, I really hope this Swedish team keeps trying to prove how tough they are and attempt to play Canada's game. I'm afraid that they may switch tactics and use their skill and speed, which will likely give us much more of a severe test...

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Anyone have the lines and defence pairings from last game...
Tedenby - Krüger - Josefson
Rasmussen - Johansson - Petersson
Brodin - Lundberg - Klingberg
Rödin - Lander - Silfverberg

With MPS subbing in wherever.

Erixon - Rundblad
OEL - Larsson
Ekholm - Kilström

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

Erixon - Rundblad
OEL - Larsson
Ekholm - Kilström

isn't he a center?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Erixon - Rundblad
OEL - Larsson
Ekholm - Kilström

Thank you very much! :handclap:

Interesting to see that Silfverberg is on the 4th line. Considering he may very well have been Sweden's best player against Canada I wonder if he is in line for a promotion?

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Thank you very much! :handclap:

Interesting to see that Silfverberg is on the 4th line. Considering he may very well have been Sweden's best player against Canada I wonder if he is in line for a promotion?

That Silfverberg line was the third line for the swedes

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Yes Systemfel mixed up the 3rd and 4th lines. The Lander line was the 3rd line (if my memory isn't failing me)
The Brodin-Lundberg-Klingberg unit started the game with Ekholm-Kilström on D, so it's very possible that they in fact are the third line. No biggie though.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, I find it hard to believe those heights are accurate. Probably the usual thing, add a inch here and there and hopefully no one notices(for whatever reason it's important to be seen as taller). Tedenby is definitely not 5"10, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad