WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
That's right. He(the coach) is letting him play in Kitchener since he already know what he can do. No need for camp.

Thanks...it makes sense, why have all the jet lag for no reason.
Maybe Landseskog and bring to Buffalo the Swedish Flag that the Rangers have hanging in their rafters in honour of Gabriel!

TomGilbert2point0

Sep 30, 2010
Any chance Pajaarvi gets released? Hes stuggled of late with the Oilers, and is currently on 4th line duty... it sounds crazy that hes still eligable, but with him there the Swedes would have, without a doubt the best offensive player in the tournie

Unless Boston lets seguin go...

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Patrik Norén is the only name I really miss on the list. He have been a better d-man than Nils Andersson this season from what I have seen. Fun that Zibanejad gets a chance.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Klingberg - Järnkrok - Landeskog
Norman - Lander - Cehlin
Wallén - Lindberg - Fasth
Wännström - Larsson - Rensfeldt
Zibanejad

Larsson - Erixon
Nemeth - Almquist
Klingberg - Bertilsson
Styrman

IMO

bananaz

Oct 26, 2006
Canada
was the chance of victor rask making the team relatively low right from the get go? and is anyone surprised that he was left off the team?

thanks.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
He's in the penalty box for playing in Canada.

HA! No, that was last year! We got ourselves a new head coach this year who doesn't think playing in Canada is something to be punished for :D

was the chance of victor rask making the team relatively low right from the get go? and is anyone surprised that he was left off the team?

thanks.

Not really surprised, no. But I bet he was among the last ones to be cut off.

...Klingberg - Järnkrok - Landeskog
Norman - Lander - Cehlin...
IMO

I'd rather see;
Norman - Järnkrok - Landeskog
Wallén - Lander - Klingberg
as the top 6. To me it makes little sense to have two powerforwards in Landeskog and Klingberg on the same line.
And then;
Fasth - Lindberg - Cehlin
Larsson - Rensfeldt - Wännström
as the bottom 6. I know too little about those 6 to motivate it, but from what I understand these are their preferd positions.

I'm not sure if Roger has said anything about captains and such but I could see Anton Lander(C), Gabriel Landeskog(A) and Adam Larsson(A)

Last edited:

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Lander can't speak English and seems to be really shy. I know he gives his all out on the ice but he shouldn't be captain.

I really doubt he would be alternate captain of his Elitserien team if he could not speak English. Also doubt he's very shy seeing how lots of people compare his leadership to Mats Sundin, and this is people who have played with Sundin aswell.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

thanks.

Yes they were. I don't think any of the three other -93 born players named will make it eventually either.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I really doubt he would be alternate captain of his Elitserien team if he could not speak English. Also doubt he's very shy seeing how lots of people compare his leadership to Mats Sundin, and this is people who have played with Sundin aswell.

He came across as shy in his post-draft interview.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
He came across as shy in his post-draft interview.

I would agree his English doesn't sound the best at the time of the draft, but he doesn't strike me as shy in any way. Almost the opposite. He talks pretty much. That being said, I believe he's easy understandable so it shouldn't be any problem at all.

I would definitely rather see Landeskog as the captain, but I think the players and the leader stab will pick Lander.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I would agree his English doesn't sound the best at the time of the draft, but he doesn't strike me as shy in any way. Almost the opposite. He talks pretty much. That being said, I believe he's easy understandable so it shouldn't be any problem at all.

I would definitely rather see Landeskog as the captain, but I think the players and the leader stab will pick Lander.

I think people need to be careful about calling non-English speaking players shy when they are speaking with English oriented media. Paul Bylsma says it's funny how much people think Malkin is so shy but in the room it's much different.

My opinion means less than most in this regard...but from what I gather, I'd have a hard time seeing Landeskog over Lander, especially if the players are deciding. Keep in mind though, Landeskog's gonna be the same guy whether he gets a letter or not...nothing wrong with having a suitable Captain that isn't even wearing a letter.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
I think people need to be careful about calling non-English speaking players shy when they are speaking with English oriented media. Paul Bylsma says it's funny how much people think Malkin is so shy but in the room it's much different.

My opinion means less than most in this regard...but from what I gather, I'd have a hard time seeing Landeskog over Lander, especially if the players are deciding. Keep in mind though, Landeskog's gonna be the same guy whether he gets a letter or not...nothing wrong with having a suitable Captain that isn't even wearing a letter.

I agree with you on the first part. Bad English does not equal shy person. And if you mean Penguin's head coach, I believe his name is Dan Bylsma but whatever :)

I have a hard time seeing Landeskog over Lander aswell, that's why I said Lander would be captain in my first post. I just meant I would rather see Landeskog as captain because I like him more as a player and only recently found out he has leadership aswell. I also think it would be pretty good with a captain that is used to the game over there.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Can anyone list the teams besides the player's names that were drafted? Just curious to see who is where.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
I would tell you to do it yourself but I'm bored and can't sleep so here you go.

Goalies
Jonatan Bjurö - Malmö (Allsvenskan) - Not drafted, eligible 2011 I guess
Johan Gustavsson - Västerås (Allsvenskan) - 2010 round 6 #159 overall by Minnesota Wild
Fredrik Pettersson-Wentzel - Almtuna (Allsvenskan) - 2010 round 5 #128 overall by Atlanta Thrashers
(Robin Lehner - Binghamton Senators (AHL) - 2009 round 2 #46 overall by Ottawa Senators)

Defensmen
Adam Almquist - Hv71 (Elitserien) - 2009 round 7 #210 overall by Detroit Red Wings
Nils Andersson - Växjö (Allsvenskan) - Undrafted
Simon Bertilsson - Brynäs (Elitserien) - 2009 round 3 #87 overall by Philadelphia Flyers
Jonas Brodin - Färjestad (Elitserien) - Undrafted
Klas Dahlbeck - Linköping (Elitserien)
Tim Erixon - Skellefteå (Elitserien) - 2009 round 1 #23 overall by Calgary Flames
John Klingberg - Frölunda (Elitserien), on loan to Borås (Allsvenskan) - 2010 round 5 #131 overall by Dallas Stars
Adam Larsson - Skellefteå (Elitserien) - Undrafted
Patrik Nemeth - AIK (Elitserien) - 2010 round 2 #41 overall by Dallas Stars
Fredrik Styrman - Luleå (Elitserien) - Undrafted
(Oliver Ekman-Larsson - San Antonio Rampage (AHL) - 2009 round 1 #6 overall by Phoenix Coyotes

Forwards
Patrik Cehlin - Djurgården (Elitserien) - 2010 round 5 #126 overall by Nashville Predators
Dennis Everberg - Rögle (Allsvenskan) - Undrafted
Jesper Fasth - Hv71 (Elitserien) - 2010 round 6 #157 overall by New York Rangers
Max Friberg - Skövde (Swe 3rd division) - Undrafted
Calle Järnkrok - Brynäs (Elitserien) - 2010 round 2 #51 overall by Detroit Red Wings
Carl Klingberg - Frölunda (Elitserien) - 2009 round 2 #34 overall by Atlanta Thrashers
Anton Lander - Timrå (Elitserien) - 2009 round 2 #40 overall by Edmonton Oilers
Johan Larsson - Brynäs (Elitserien) - 2010 round 2 #56 overall by Minnesota Wild
Oscar Lindberg - Skellefteå (Elitserien) - 2010 round 2 #57 overall by Phoenix Coyotes
John Norman - Djurgården (Elitserien) - Undrafted
Rickard Rakell - Plymouth Whalers (OHL) - Undrafted
Ludvig Rensfeldt - Brynäs/BrynäsU20 (Elitserien/SuperElit) - 2010 round 2 #35 overall by Chicago Blackhawks
Johan Sundström - Frölunda (Elitserien) - Undrafted
Erik Thorell - Färjestad (Elitserien), on loan to Sundsvall(Allsvenskan) - Undrafted
William Wallén - Frölunda (Elitserien), on loan to Borås(Allsvenskan) - Undrafted
Sebastian Wännström - Brynäs (Elitserien) - 2010 round 2 #44 overall by St. Louis Blues
Mika Zibanejad - DjurgårdenU20 (SuperElit) - Undrafted
(Gabriel Landeskog - Kitchner Rangers (OHL) - Undrafted)

Robin Lehner, G, and Oliver Ekman-Larsson, D, has not been cleared to join the team by their NHL teams and Gabriel Landeskog will not join the team for the pre-tournament camp.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes! The Flyers might actually have a prospect in the tournament!

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I agree with you on the first part. Bad English does not equal shy person. And if you mean Penguin's head coach, I believe his name is Dan Bylsma but whatever :)

I have a hard time seeing Landeskog over Lander aswell, that's why I said Lander would be captain in my first post. I just meant I would rather see Landeskog as captain because I like him more as a player and only recently found out he has leadership aswell. I also think it would be pretty good with a captain that is used to the game over there.

Hahahahaha...oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad