WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Patrik Nemeth is knee injured and might miss WJC. It's a big blow to our D :(

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Stars fan here checking in on our recent Swedish draft picks. Of those here who have watched Nemeth and John Klingberg, what can they tell me about their chances. I see a poster above says Nemeth is injured, but I'm not sure if it's bad enough to keep him out, if he would have made the team.

Thanks, any information is appreciated.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Stars fan here checking in on our recent Swedish draft picks. Of those here who have watched Nemeth and John Klingberg, what can they tell me about their chances. I see a poster above says Nemeth is injured, but I'm not sure if it's bad enough to keep him out, if he would have made the team.

I think Little Klingberg is going to make it. There's a serious lack of right-handed defensemen on the roster.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Nemeth is a lock if healthy, Klingberg has decent chances.

Glad to see Lehner released.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
How good is Calle Järnkrok? I hate to ask this as a Wings fan, but, I really don't know much about him because I have been busy following Teemu Pulkkinen.. So how would the WJC Sweden experts rate him as a player and possible peak?

winther88

Apr 13, 2010
Trollhättan
Is he just that solid of a defender? I've seen him described by others in this thread as "great" or "solid" defensively. How would he compare to a young Grossman?

Nemeth is without a doubt better than Grossman ever was during his career as a junior. Moves his feet a lot better and has some offensive upside that Grossman never had.

winther88

Apr 13, 2010
Trollhättan
How good is Calle Järnkrok? I hate to ask this as a Wings fan, but, I really don't know much about him because I have been busy following Teemu Pulkkinen.. So how would the WJC Sweden experts rate him as a player and possible peak?

Järnkrok has been simply fantastic this season, likely to become a better player than Pulkkinen in my opinion.

He's got some great hands, making amacing plays on the rush and in the powerplay. He also has a great release on his wristshot and real good footspeed.

He needs to improve his slapshot, positioning in the defensive zone and his strength along the boards to become a full-time NHL'er but there's no reason to believe that he won't be a solid second liner in the NHL that could put up around 60-70 points per season.

birden

Sep 30, 2010
Fredrik Claesson has been put on the roster for this camp. According to head coach Roger Rönnberg it's because injuries and sickness. He also add that he got a good chance at making the final roster.

The whole article about this can you find her http://www.hockeymedmariehallman.se/ (be aware it's in swedish)

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Järnkrok has been simply fantastic this season, likely to become a better player than Pulkkinen in my opinion.

He's got some great hands, making amacing plays on the rush and in the powerplay. He also has a great release on his wristshot and real good footspeed.

He needs to improve his slapshot, positioning in the defensive zone and his strength along the boards to become a full-time NHL'er but there's no reason to believe that he won't be a solid second liner in the NHL that could put up around 60-70 points per season.

You must be joking? How is järnkrok likely to become better? Right now järnkrok cannot even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Even just by looking at stats there is no question who is a greater prospect.

Teemu Pulkkinen
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16036

Calle Järnkrok
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=6020

Edit: Your Location: Trollhättan , däm I'm feeding the troll.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
You must be joking? How is järnkrok likely to become better? Right now järnkrok cannot even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Even just by looking at stats there is no question who is a greater prospect.

Teemu Pulkkinen
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16036

Calle Järnkrok
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=6020

Edit: Your Location: Trollhättan , däm I'm feeding the troll.

How do you expect anyone to take your post seriously if you don't understand what prospect means. Prospect isn't based on stats it's based on prospect (which is a projection).

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Quality is pretty good who is on the blue team and yellow team? Also is there no small ice they can practise on in preperation?

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
can't find any rosters. Some players I've noticed:

Yellow-Blue 1-2 (0-0)(0-1)(1-1)

0-1 Lander
1-1 Wallén
1-2 Lindberg

Yellow :
Tim Erixon #3
Sebastian Wännström #8
Adam Almquist #4
William Wallén #13
John Klingberg #6
Johan Larsson #12
G: Bjurö

Blue :
Adam Larsson #3
Oscar Lindberg #15
Mika Zibanejad #7
Simon Bertilsson #6
Carl Klingberg #14
Oscar Klefbom #4
G: P-W

Last edited:

Pentothal

Dec 30, 2008
Not very good hockey, but that was to be expected I guess. It's a shame they didn't put the numbers on the site since it was hard to track who was who. Out of the ones I manage to track, I was quite impressed with Brodin (#5 Blue) and Lindberg as well as Pettersson-Wentzel.

BTW, they said on the broadcast that Nemeth will likely be on one of the teams already tomorrow.

Last edited:

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
Were some of the guys scratched for the first game? Never saw IronHook i.e.
But most of the other "A-guys" played.

Last edited:

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Some forwards have played remarkably well at last part of autumn. Im not thinking of Jarnkrok, Lander & Cehlin who has been consistently producing. Im more thinking of Lindberg who had 7points in 25 games, but 4 of those points came in the last four games, and Fasth who had 6points in the last six rounds. I think it is due to them both having been moved up from checking lines into more creative/offensive lines. I think this team looks very interesting and we won't be relying on just one or two lines.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Were some of the guys scratch for the first game? Never saw IronHook i.e.
But most of the other "A-guys" played.

I have no clue cause i dont understand Swedish but they mentioned marcus sorensen a couple times so im guessing he was there but he wasnt invited to the selection camp so Im guessing its not there A-Team. So maybe Jarnkrok was maybe nursing an injury or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad