WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Game 1 summary

I have no clue cause i dont understand Swedish but they mentioned marcus sorensen a couple times so im guessing he was there but he wasnt invited to the selection camp so Im guessing its not there A-Team. So maybe Jarnkrok was maybe nursing an injury or something?

The team for the first game had a few changes from the roster that was posted on Swehockey earlier. The players in the first game that did not initially get invites were Sörensen, Fredrik Claesson and Oscar Klefbom.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
How do you expect anyone to take your post seriously if you don't understand what prospect means. Prospect isn't based on stats it's based on prospect (which is a projection).

You shouldnt really take this Brun0 guy seriously, he's Canadas answer to Lindros_for_rizzle.

Just looking at his post history it's quite clear he pimps every finnish player there is and has a serious hatred for anything connected to Sweden.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
And your location is.... Finland?

Exaclty ;D

As a Red Wings fan, I've watched both of them(more of Pulkkinen) and I have to say we have a couple of very good players coming our way. They could actually make a very good duo eventually because Järnkrok is good on the D and makes great plays but can also score. Pulkkinen has shown he has lots of playmaking ability and hockey sense + he's still a great scorer. They would only need some big ass power forward (Franzen :)) on the other wing and that line could possibly dominate even the NHL one day.

It's wrong to compare them by stats because they play in a different league and the other is a center. But it will be really interesting to watch and compare them if they play against each other or same opponents.

What kind of roles will Almqvist and Järnkrok have at the WJC's? Any chance of 1st line/1st PP-unit? That would be so cool.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
You shouldnt really take this Brun0 guy seriously, he's Canadas answer to Lindros_for_rizzle.

Just looking at his post history it's quite clear he pimps every finnish player there is and has a serious hatred for anything connected to Sweden.

Yes, from now on Brun0 :loony: will be totally ignored.

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
Yellow 7-2 Blue

1st

1-0 Max Friberg (J.Larsson)
2-0 Jesper Fasth
2-1 Jesper Thörnberg

2nd
3-1 Fasth?
4-1 ?
5-1 Joakim Nordström (Rensfeldt)
5-2 Brodin? (Lander)
6-2 John Klingberg (Fasth)

3rd

7-2 Nils Andersson

Cut: Oscar Klefbom -93 (sent to U18-19 camp) was one of the best D y-day so quite strange.

Scraches today:
Ironhook (ill)
A.Larsson (?)
Cehlin (?)

Last edited:

Afro Thunder*

Holy ****, Sorenson is at the camp? why? I thought he was still at the SEL.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
The team for the first game had a few changes from the roster that was posted on Swehockey earlier. The players in the first game that did not initially get invites were Sörensen, Fredrik Claesson and Oscar Klefbom.

do you think these guys have a real shot or were they just added to scrimmage?

Pentothal

Dec 30, 2008
do you think these guys have a real shot or were they just added to scrimmage?

It's been said that they have the same chance as everyone else there, but honestly you've got to think it's an uphill struggle for anyone of those guys (and one of them, Klefbom has already been cut).

Merla

Nov 1, 2007
Sörensen with another good game. Nordström was the most impressive player in today's scrimmage.

ben3001

Jun 20, 2008
Sörensen with another good game. Nordström was the most impressive player in today's scrimmage.

How does he looked compared to competition? I think I speak for all the Senators fans when I say that we are super surprised to see him there but also really excited at the possibility of him starting to emerge as true prospect.

How is his play so far?

winther88

Apr 13, 2010
Trollhättan
uh? that's news to me, especially if compared with his peers.

He's not bad defensively but he can certainly become much better. If you compare his skills in the own end compared to what he brings in the attackig zone it's not even close.

If you compare him to other juniors he may not be bad but he is still not at the top of the list. Sometimes he gets lost around the boards and that's the thing he really needs to improve in his own end. That's what I meant.

But as I said earlier, I really think he will be better than Pulkkinen. Pulkkinen is still the better goal scorer but Jarnkrok has better skating ability, playmaking skills and is more defensive aware.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
St. Louis fan here... can anyone tell me what kind of role Sebastian Wännström is likely to have with Tre Kronor? Does he look like a top six guy, or will he be playing a checking/energy line role?

Thanks in advance.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
St. Louis fan here... can anyone tell me what kind of role Sebastian Wännström is likely to have with Tre Kronor? Does he look like a top six guy, or will he be playing a checking/energy line role?

Thanks in advance.

Tre Kronor is the nickname for the senior national team. It's not used for the U20 team which instead go by the nickname Småkronorna, i.e. 'The small crowns'. Regarding Wannstrom, the final selection hasnt been made yet. He has good chances of making it though.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him with two other Brynas players in J.Larsson and Rensfeldt on the third line, makes sense to me anyway. Coach has said he'll going to roll four even strengthened lines as much as possible though, with adjustments as the game progresses.

Is Lehner playing for Sweden?

Yes.

Does oel still have a chance to play for sweden? What are his odds?

If he's with San Antonio at the time he'll come, but I think he's with Phoenix right now. Sweden will wait as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad