Suspended: Spezza 6 games (Reduced to 4 games) | Pionk 2 games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He's also that kid that just got tossed from a game for a questionable hit...Its a fast game and things happen the NHL/PA would never risk having a star player suspended long term based off a players recovery time.
But my point is they don't give a r*ts *ss as we all saw last year with Kuch .. Kuch could have played last 6-8 weeks of season BUT he did not want to play as he got paid anywho, da team wanted him on LTIR to stock up on roster for playoff run and da league did nothing because they knew Tampa had no other options given CPA and CAP .. i realize this is an major problem for league in CPA but bottom line having a top 5 player in league out for regular season games meant NOTHING to anyone who had a say in it IF anything it helped Tampa win another Cup so it worked perfectly

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
If the league procrastinates an appeal, and the suspension gets reduced, even if the games are already missed, the decision helps the player by giving his money back. Wilson missed two extra games, but got paid for 6 that he would have lost out on...

Reactions: therealkoho

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Congratulations to the NHL for creating the most inefficient appeal process possible. By the time we get a judgement from Bettman, or for sure by the time we would get one from a neutral arbitrator - the suspension will be over. It's amazing the NHL is able to do this, they take so long on the appeal that it intentionally discourages players from using it.

It should be like the MLB, where you're allowed to play while your appeal ruling is pending, that way the league can't just drag their feet so you serve the full time.

vpasla1

Mar 24, 2018

Congratulations to the NHL for creating the most inefficient appeal process possible. By the time we get a judgement from Bettman, or for sure by the time we would get one from a neutral arbitrator - the suspension will be over. It's amazing the NHL is able to do this, they take so long on the appeal that it intentionally discourages players from using it.

It should be like the MLB, where you're allowed to play while your appeal ruling is pending, that way the league can't just drag their feet so you serve the full time.

I really don't understand why process to the appeal took so long. Especially since most of this stuff is done with Zoom/virtually.

Reactions: supermann_98

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I really don't understand why process to the appeal took so long. Especially since most of this stuff is done with Zoom/virtually.
Because it is the NHL ruling on a suspension handed down by the NHL lol they have no vested interest in handling it quickly. The appeal from Spezza/Leafs was likely just a f*** you to league with full knowledge that it wouldn't be resolved until well after he has already served the suspension. They will likely take it to an independent arbitrator after Bettman upholds the suspension tomorrow as well just for fun.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

So Mickey Mouse

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga

Something about the NHL....they seem so sneaky - for lack of a better word - to me.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Because they can & they will

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Something about the NHL....they seem so sneaky - for lack of a better word - to me.

Probably the scummiest leadership of the four major sports. Want no criticism of their garbage officials going so far as to fine players and coaches that do so, the DoPS is a joke, tried to cover up the Blackhawks situation, have threatened journalists that covered that scandal with removing their access, and one of the guys in charge is on the record of influencing officials for his son's team.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

It's a Christmas miracle. They announced he was suffering concussion-like symptoms the moment Spezza's hearing started. The NHL took into account that the player was injured on the play.

A week later, and missing 1 extra game (because he didn't fly with the team on the back to back) he's no longer concussed and ready for contact. Fastest concussion protocol in NHL history?

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Odd, cause I remember him smiling on the bench for much of the rest of the game
F*ckin ah*le .. small little f*ck .. he is gonna get filled in BAD next game .. LOL on bench oh yeah right you had a concussion you lying f*ck .. most of these guys do not even know what a real concussion is .. game is so soft today

Reactions: Jmo89

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It's a Christmas miracle. They announced he was suffering concussion-like symptoms the moment Spezza's hearing started. The NHL took into account that the player was injured on the play.

A week later, and missing 1 extra game (because he didn't fly with the team on the back to back) he's no longer concussed and ready for contact. Fastest concussion protocol in NHL history?

NHL realized that Pionk is actually just dumb as bricks and not hurt

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
F*ckin ah*le .. small little f*ck .. he is gonna get filled in BAD next game .. LOL on bench oh yeah right you had a concussion you lying f*ck .. most of these guys do not even know what a real concussion is .. game is so soft today

I get where you are coming from, but it iscnot in their hands anymore. Almost al of themcwould play through it if they could.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
What a load of bullshit, Jets players were laughing having the time of their lives. Now he feels sorry, yeah f*** off.

I don’t think it should really matter, but I don’t think it’s a load of bullshit. It’s easy to get swept in emotion during a game, once your emotions cool off though he probably did feel bad. I don’t think most players actually want someone to get hurt.

Reactions: Jojalu

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Odd, cause I remember him smiling on the bench for much of the rest of the game

What a load of bullshit, Jets players were laughing having the time of their lives. Now he feels sorry, yeah f*** off.

Precisely! The post game celebrations by the entire team and then him smiling on the bench says otherwise.

Meanwhile this d-back is back from the so called "concussion" exactly as his suspension was done; it is wwe bs going on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad