Suspended: Spezza 6 games (Reduced to 4 games) | Pionk 2 games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
What would you prefer happen after the Pionk hit? ? A 5 minute major and kicked from the game? Or no pp or game misconduct, but 2 game suspension?
Suspension all day.

Guys like Pionk are subtle dirty players who fly under the radar with their dirtiness and the only thing that will stop that is repeat offender history.

Edler is another guy like that. Constantly takes borderline runs at rookies and until the Hyman knee on knee, he's gotten away with it for years.

Reactions: cookie and Lilou

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Suspension all day.

Guys like Pionk are subtle dirty players who fly under the radar with their dirtiness and the only thing that will stop that is repeat offender history.

Edler is another guy like that. Constantly takes borderline runs at rookies and until the Hyman knee on knee, he's gotten away with it for years.
If you can't do da time then don't commit da crime .. if you knee a guy and he is out for 3 weeks then you are out for 3 weeks plus an additional game .. it stops it dead in its tracks

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
I've come to the conclusion dops' job is to massively troll teams and their fans.
Ive come to the conclusion, this is exactly what the league wants. They are playing Vinnie Mac in WWE. Because the NHL is as fixed as the WWE when it comes to officiating, the only difference is the wrestlers in this case dont know its fixed. I mean why not just rebrand it into a new sport, where the league picks a favourite, just sell it as "Watch the underdog try to beat a team with insurmountable odds!!"

There was and will be no accountability for Meier cause he just did what his bosses asked him to do. I mean, he reffed last night. While 2 very important players for Canadian teams are sitting. Not to mention the injuries. Those are just a bonus for Parros, Campbell and Walkom. American teams are probably going to gain a few points thanks to Meier deciding to make the Jets/Leafs game into a fiasco. Allow as many injuries as you want then let the league suspend the survivors.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ive come to the conclusion, this is exactly what the league wants. They are playing Vinnie Mac in WWE. Because the NHL is as fixed as the WWE when it comes to officiating, the only difference is the wrestlers in this case dont know its fixed. I mean why not just rebrand it into a new sport, where the league picks a favourite, just sell it as "Watch the underdog try to beat a team with insurmountable odds!!"

There was and will be no accountability for Meier cause he just did what his bosses asked him to do. I mean, he reffed last night. While 2 very important players for Canadian teams are sitting. Not to mention the injuries. Those are just a bonus for Parros, Campbell and Walkom. American teams are probably going to gain a few points thanks to Meier deciding to make the Jets/Leafs game into a fiasco. Allow as many injuries as you want then let the league suspend the survivors.
I have hated the terrible reffing this year too, but this is a stretch to say the very least.

Reactions: griffon1

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Another question to ponder on Kadris suspension from the playoffs. If Colton Orr was a Leaf at the time (not sure) and he delivers the exact same hit, does he serve as long? Or did Kadri serve more because he tipped the scales in the BOS series? We manhandled BOS game 1. Then the league sends Meier in to do a "no-call gong-show" then the league suspends the surviving Leafs. Remember BOS got no suspension for any of their predatory hits.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
I have hated the terrible reffing this year too, but this is a stretch to say the very least.
If it was just this year id agree with you. But its been to consistent and predictable to be anything but design now.

Reactions: mikeyz

Mar 26, 2010
The reffing needs to be consistent, which it has not been. It just seems that one player gets suspended and the other gets a pat on the back saying good play for the same thing.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
So Cole just got fined 5k for his knee on Schiefle. Keep in mind he was also given a t minute major and a game misconduct. Schiefle is fine.

So to recap,

Pionk knocked Sandin out for 3 weeks and Sandin had to be helped off the ice.

Pionk got no penalty on the play, nor did they give Spezza a penalty for his retaliatory knee.

I almost never advocate for people to lose their jobs, but how are these refs still employed?

A knee worthy of a fine gets 5 and a game.

Two knees worthy of suspension get nothing.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Is this a fake or real?

This league is a f***ing joke

One of the most blatant knee on knees and it gets no suspension. But a 38 year old with no history after 1200 games gets 6???

No consistency. And we're always the ones who get f***ed over with these calls. It's like they only understand their jobs when it's time to suspend Kadri or Spezza. f*** off

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The issue with this dumb appeal process is Bettman just wastes time.

Tom Wilson got a 20 game suspension. He appealed to Bettman because you have to, who waited like 10 games and said I stand by my collegue. Conflict of interests much?

Then, it went to an independent arbitrator who reduced it to 14 games, but 16 games had already been served at that point.

So the appeal process took 16 games because you have to go through Bettman. I can see Spezza doing it on principle but he'll probably be playing again by the time it goes to an arbitrator, if it does. Makes 0 sense.

The league should be punished if the player is forced to sit out more games than the final verdict. Wilson missed an extra 2 games for no reason and the league didn't suffer. So Bettman always wastes time to make the process as redundant as possible.

Reactions: Azazel

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Not 1 single game suspension for this KNEE which was also completely intentional .. but a 5 and a game which was correct call at least .. NHL is a joke league for mgmt .. completely different for each team .. Carolina can barely make payroll each week so they get nothing .. joke joke joke .. completely covered by Jacobs for canes vote on every issue .. joke joke joke

- shut down our facilities in the summer, meanwhile they were open to any league player

- over the top fines/suspensions handed out to leaf players

- lack of disciplinary action against leaf players

- when’s the last draft, ASG, or even a gimmick outdoor game in TOR? I genuinely am curious about these things.

nah man, even Steven.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Who benefits the most with Spezza suspended a hefty 6 games? Right, the teams chasing Toronto in the Atlantic...
Considering who the Leafs have to play next, I'd say the team getting the biggest boost from this is the Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning, who after being blown away by the Leafs last meeting, get to play them down multiple key players...

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The issue with this dumb appeal process is Bettman just wastes time.

Tom Wilson got a 20 game suspension. He appealed to Bettman because you have to, who waited like 10 games and said I stand by my collegue. Conflict of interests much?

Then, it went to an independent arbitrator who reduced it to 14 games, but 16 games had already been served at that point.

So the appeal process took 16 games because you have to go through Bettman. I can see Spezza doing it on principle but he'll probably be playing again by the time it goes to an arbitrator, if it does. Makes 0 sense.

The league should be punished if the player is forced to sit out more games than the final verdict. Wilson missed an extra 2 games for no reason and the league didn't suffer. So Bettman always wastes time to make the process as redundant as possible.

The NHLPA would have to take that fight up. I don’t think Bettman can just ignore an appeal.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Considering who the Leafs have to play next, I'd say the team getting the biggest boost from this is the Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning, who after being blown away by the Leafs last meeting, get to play them down multiple key players...

I would not call getting scored on late and losing 2-1 in OT getting blown away.

Reactions: BigGulpsEh

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
When taking everything into account 6 games is absolutely ridiculous. Suspension worthy no doubt.

Players like Pionk are going to draw this kind of attention from even the nicest guys in the league, like Spezz, if he keeps pulling these bullshit cheap shots. Some one has to teach that clown a lesson if the league isn't going to protect its players.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Outrageous the length of this suspension!

Especially when the guy did not even miss a shift.

Spezza just got fed up and did it!

Gotta say, not even Kadri did something like that, try to knee someone in the head at full speed.

Stupid refs, when they lose control of a game then this is inevitable.

If the refs do not protect the players, the players will take matters into their own hands.

The refs have to settle it, if they don't, the players will.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
This league is a f***ing joke

One of the most blatant knee on knees and it gets no suspension. But a 38 year old with no history after 1200 games gets 6???

No consistency. And we're always the ones who get f***ed over with these calls. It's like they only understand their jobs when it's time to suspend Kadri or Spezza. f*** off
Pionk got 2 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad