Suspended: Spezza 6 games (Reduced to 4 games) | Pionk 2 games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The biggest rat in the league who intentionally tries to injure players on a regular basis has only ever received 5 games. Suspended 6 times. Let that sink in.

Yep, and you can be sure that if he was a Leaf, the punishments handed out would be out of this world harsh !!! The NHL knows that they can make examples of Leaf players without it impacting Leaf profits or attendance !!! I'm sick of this thinking.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm sick and tired of the unbalanced refereeing and the over the top punishment given out to the Leafs. Much worse incidents go unpunished around the league, especially to USA struggling teams.

What I hate the most is the SILENCE from MLSE and the Leafs front office. Go to the media and take the fines Shanahan. I know that he won't because he wants to keep his future NHL job opportunities intact. I still think he's an NHL puppet running our Leafs.

MLSE should hold back the 'Profit Sharing' payments to the obvious corrupt NHL !!!

Spezza did what he did knowing full well that the league would do nothing to punish Pionk because it was a Leaf he injured and NOT a Bruins player !!!

5 games is FAR TOO harsh for a player that has a CLEAN record !!! He would likely not have been punished like this if he had been a Arizona Coyote or Seattle Kraken player !!!

JMHO.
We need a change at top of board of NHL .. right now Jacobs controls about 19/22 owner votes, is chairman and decides on Bettman as commish .. Bettman calls Jacobs daily (or did when Shanny was in NYC) to get lay of land on everything .. da system is BIASED from get go .. MLSE needs to get Rangers, Habs, Vegas onside with them and da big dogs of league need to FLEX their financial muscles .. whether that is withholdoing $$$ from da cash cows and/or voting against everything put forward by Jacobs and his gang .. Shanny is very well aware of da entire setup which is why you are right he is playing his cards close to his vest

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
good pionk deserves it in spades...goon running someone more skillled...tired of this idea on the boards that the skilled guys should be run by the junkers who are there burely because they can throw a check,,,Pionk does not deserve NHL but dont tell that to the cr@ppy jets

Check out their career stats before you determine the skilled player from the "goon".

Reactions: therealkoho

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I just cannot make any sense of a 6 game suspension.

It's very clearly a 4 game suspension, nothing more. I think any rational fan can agree the hit was predatory and a hit that Spezza needs to be held accountable for. It's just no where near a 6 game Suspension. Brendan Lemuix, who has been suspended 2 times prior to the Tkachuck incident got 5 games for BITING ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

xlMn0Ad.gif

I read somewhere on the main board "you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes" with respect to Spezza. A cringeworthy Taylor Swift reference that deserves an immediate HF Suspension, but nonetheless it's fairly accurate. Spezza put his fate into the incompetent hands of the DOPS, and this unfortunately was the outcome.

Not to victim blame or anything, but is that saying not applicable to Pionk as well?

This is a dude that has taken 2 very healthy runs at our players over the last 2 seasons, injuring Sandin in the process. As far as I am concerned, this is the price you pay when you play that way. You cannot run around with no regard to player safety yourself, and then bellyache when someone takes a retaliatory run at you.

Pionk played a stupid game, and he was given a stupid prize.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Does Pionk serve his suspension while on concussion protocol?

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I just cannot make any sense of a 6 game suspension.

It's very clearly a 4 game suspension, nothing more. I think any rational fan can agree the hit was predatory and a hit that Spezza needs to be held accountable for. It's just no where near a 6 game Suspension. Brendan Lemuix, who has been suspended 2 times prior to the Tkachuck incident got 5 games for BITING ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

xlMn0Ad.gif

I read somewhere on the main board "you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes" with respect to Spezza. A cringeworthy Taylor Swift reference that deserves an immediate HF Suspension, but nonetheless it's fairly accurate. Spezza put his fate into the incompetent hands of the DOPS, and this unfortunately was the outcome.

Not to victim blame or anything, but is that saying not applicable to Pionk as well?

This is a dude that has taken 2 very healthy runs at our players over the last 2 seasons, injuring Sandin in the process. As far as I am concerned, this is the price you pay when you play that way. You cannot run around with no regard to player safety yourself, and then bellyache when someone takes a retaliatory run at you.

Pionk played a stupid game, and he was given a stupid prize.
What I don't get is what did people expect Spezza to do in this situation? He rather clearly lines Pionk up for a check, and then Pionk drops to the ice to try and play the puck with his glove... What, was Spezza just supposed to stop the hit he's clearly in the middle of to avoid hitting the now down-on-the-ice body of Pionk?

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
What I don't get is what did people expect Spezza to do in this situation? He rather clearly lines Pionk up for a check, and then Pionk drops to the ice to try and play the puck with his glove... What, was Spezza just supposed to stop the hit he's clearly in the middle of to avoid hitting the now down-on-the-ice body of Pionk?
the minute Pionk dove for the puck the knee was unavoidable. Spezz clearly meant to deliver a big hit in a predatory fashion, I don't think that is up for debate. But there is absolutely no f***ing way I'll ever be convinced that Spezz deliberately went into contact with the purpose of kneeing Pionk in the head.

Personally, I think Pionk is a complete f***ing clown to be honest. If I made a hit like the one he tried on Marner last year, and the one on Sandin on Sunday, my head would be on a f***ing swivel every time I step on the ice against the Leafs. He has to understand that. He did that to himself. He gave himself that reputation. No one else.

Spezza is not taking a run at someone for no reason. If you want to play with fire, occasionally you will get burnt. I really don't feel sorry for Pionk TBH. I hope he doesn't miss too much time due to injury, and I really hope he has no lasting concussion issues as a result of the play. But I also really hope he learned a valuable lesson. That form of policing in the game I am completely fine with TBH. I know the hit was terrible, and the intent to hurt was there. But intent to hurt and intent to injure are 2 completely different things. I don't like the outcome of the play, and I wish Spezz picked a better spot, but there was no way there was intent to put Pionk in a body bag. Spezza, unlike Pionk, has a 1200+ game reputation of playing the right way. I think the league needs to be giving a little bit of the benefit of the doubt here. Absolutely pathetic TBH

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The biggest rat in the league who intentionally tries to injure players on a regular basis has only ever received 5 games. Suspended 6 times. Let that sink in.

Absurd lol. Spezza who has no prior suspensions gets 6. He definitely deserved a suspension no doubt, but 6 is pretty ridiculous. We have guys who are notorious for slewfooting and low hits etc etc. aka Marchand/Subban, I don't think either has gotten over 5 games. Pionk also should've gotten more than 2, that was a joke.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Not only that...the league has turned a complete blind eye on all the dirty things Marchand had done since...cross-check to a Flyer's face, licking incident on Komarov, the same charging action that landed Kerfoot a suspension, while he got nothing...it's like he's being purposely re-invented behind a shield.

Reactions: Lilou and Lumberg

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The NHLPA should have another lockout just so to have changes in the department of safety.

Reactions: Lilou

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
What would you prefer happen after the Pionk hit? ? A 5 minute major and kicked from the game? Or no pp or game misconduct, but 2 game suspension?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Not 1 single game suspension for this KNEE which was also completely intentional .. but a 5 and a game which was correct call at least .. NHL is a joke league for mgmt .. completely different for each team .. Carolina can barely make payroll each week so they get nothing .. joke joke joke .. completely covered by Jacobs for canes vote on every issue .. joke joke joke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad