Suspended: Spezza 6 games (Reduced to 4 games) | Pionk 2 games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Dude its just a game, breaking a jaw is pretty serious injury... I got no issue feeding him some knuckles..

When John Ferguson Sr. broke Bobby Hull's jaw
d84ae4766f27ab1e40504cdd53642fb0.jpg

with a flying by elbow

Hull still fought him sustaining a broken nose as well and then fought him again a few weeks later with his jaw still wired, giving the senior Fergy a bit of a beating

Reactions: Rocker13

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
For sh*ts and giggles I asked my kids agent who is a lawyer how this works and he told me as far as he knows there is nothing written in CBA to deal with both an injury and a suspension in same game .. although da commish has da final ruling in CBA on suspensions which can be appealed to an arbitrator .. he said a player can serve a suspension while injured .. but question of whether he can be paid while on IR and a suspension is not addressed .. who knows what Jets did .. likely a behind scenes call between Jets and Bettman
suspension means an automatic forfeit of pay, injured or not, the team cannot use the players IR allowance while the player is suspended

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
So Wideman should have received a nine-game credit, to be applied to any future suspensions. Or maybe in lieu of the credit he could have been given a free shot at somebody.
:laugh:

not how it works but creative!

any monies forfeited for the rescinded games would have been returned to Wideman

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Maybe Parros should resign to protest this decision. :sarcasm:

But seriously it's not a good look when you get overruled. That means that the people above you don't completely have your back. Look for him to be replaced in the off-season (probably promoted or parachuted into a GM/President job with some poor unsuspecting organization).

Reactions: Rocker13 and Kurtz

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Maybe Parros should resign to protest this decision. :sarcasm:

But seriously it's not a good look when you get overruled. That means that the people above you don't completely have your back. Look for him to be replaced in the off-season (probably promoted or parachuted into a GM/President job with some poor unsuspecting organization).
doesn't matter they'll just get appoint another guy who'll be cowed by both the league and the PA and do what he's told, otherwise how do you explain a Dbag like Marchand getting away with the crap he gets away with!

btw Parros has an MBA from Princeton and I believe has completed part of his JD

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
suspension means an automatic forfeit of pay, injured or not, the team cannot use the players IR allowance while the player is suspended

What IR allowance? Do you mean if he want on LTIR? There is no allowance for replacing a player on the standard IR.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This is not true .. only thing known for sure is there is league commissioner authority over suspensions and IR which can be appealed by teams and PA to an independent arbitrator .. it is just not written up the way you said it in legal CBA .. I had my kids agent who is a lawyer in Ontario look at CBA to check it out .. although it is likely Bettman would intercede if he heard about it as he has final say

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
yea ok gary how about fixing the joke of NHL reffing that led to retaliatory action by a player who has had a clean record?

FG0ujT8VUAcI2jx

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
This is not true .. only thing known for sure is there is league commissioner authority over suspensions and IR which can be appealed by teams and PA to an independent arbitrator .. it is just not written up the way you said it in legal CBA .. I had my kids agent who is a lawyer in Ontario look at CBA to check it out .. although it is likely Bettman would intercede if he heard about it as he has final say
O'key D'oh-key

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
yea ok gary how about fixing the joke of NHL reffing that led to retaliatory action by a player who has had a clean record?

FG0ujT8VUAcI2jx

it's coming on 30 years since that idiot and Jerry Jacobs have been running the league, as long as that kind of incestuous relationship continues it will never get fixed

just look at how Bruins mostly get to slide on suspensions. 3 games for Marchand on his 5th slewfoot type of offense, a measly 3 games! When he'd already had a 5 game sit a few years back.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Does Parros do the video explanations of his rulings on suspensions like Shannaban did? Shannahan definitely made mistakes on his rulings, but because of the explanations, they always seemed reasonable to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad