Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He eventually will be and when he is I see him going to City. Seems too logical.

I think they would be an option, but if they sign a high priced striker this summer, it's not going to be Haaland. I don't think they are going to sign a striker two years in a row, so either they wait a year or they sign someone else. Also, my main worry would be the fit of system. Haaland struggles when he doesn't have space. He's tailor-suited for Real Madrid's system. Thats where I think he goes, if they want him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I never said DCL was world class. I said he has world class potential, which is reasonable to believe considering he has the most non-penalty goals in the Premier League this season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, it makes sense for him to go to Madrid. That style would suit him well. My only concern if he came to barca is if he would be able to play with possession.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I used Wiki.
But looking it up again, it included his Brazil games. Which aren't that many anyway.

42, 47, 53 according to wiki in all club comps. That's significantly different than 57, 60, 57. Especially since a large number of those were sub appearances.

Either way, the overall point is that, especially given Jesus was already signed by City when Laca transferred, there simply weren't enough minutes available for Laca to have enough of a role to actually surpass what he's done at Arsenal, doubly so given the age difference between Laca and Jesus which would have meant City would want to feed minutes to Jesus to develop him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I never said DCL was world class. I said he has world class potential, which is reasonable to believe considering he has the most non-penalty goals in the Premier League this season.
I just think you use the term world class way to liberally. I mean do you think DCL has the potential to be a top 5-10 striker in the world?

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sorry. World class potential. He’s a good player no doubt, but I don’t think he’s someone that is a guaranteed starter for a top 4 team.
Still not what I was responding to.

EDIT : to make it clear, CL is to me a tier better than many strikers named here, and some people (weird to me) call him a lesser striker than many of them (Jovic, Poulsen, Plea, Thuram, and many others).
Calvert Lewin could absolutely start on a top EPL team. I'm sure Liverpool could use him given the disaster of a striker position they have right now. He's better than any Chelsea striker except Werner, who's often played on the wing. He's a step above Jesus who's starting most games for City. He'd start at West Ham (who's likely under Everton anyway once the games in hand are played).
So of the 6 teams above Everton in the standings (counting WH), I count 4 teams where he'd start many games. Only Leicester (Vardy is better right now) and United (Cavani+Rashford+Martial) have clear better options.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I just think you use the term world class way to liberally. I mean do you think DCL has the potential to be a top 5-10 striker in the world?
Yeah, I do. He has just broken out and is far from his ceiling. Considering he has scored more non penalty goals than any EPL striker this season he is already top 15-20 probably. He just needs to keep his current form for a sustained period of time (easier said than done) to be top 10.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The circus in Barca and french and spanish newspapers right now is laughable.
First Laporta goes on about how Leonardo shouldn't talk about Messi (1/ he didn't and 2/ he has the right too) and that Barca are above that (even though they have talked about Neymar, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva and Verratti over the years, as well as demanded that players force their transfers in various cases from other teams).

Then France Football had a cover with Messi in a Paris shirt this week. To which the spanish newspapers called that "harassment" on their own covers.
This right here are JUST the number of covers of Sport about Neymar since he's in a PSG shirt :

That obviously doesn't include the covers about Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Verratti and Mbappe.

What a joke.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Funny you mention Barca by name but omit PSG...that's the real joke. What's really funny is how you bitch about this in the past(understandably) yet its ok for PSG to do so. Good to know.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Funny you mention Barca by name but omit PSG...that's the real joke. What's really funny is how you bitch about this in the past(understandably) yet its ok for PSG to do so. Good to know.
PSG to do WHAT exactly?
What can Barca whine about PSG?
PSG has done nothing. Di Maria and Neymar have said they'd love Messi to come. Big deal. PSG officials have done nothing.

Meanwhile Koeman talks about Depay since september, cool as a breeze.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But yeah I was sure some blind barca fans would come to the rescue and defend the undefendable.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
PSG to do WHAT exactly?
What can Barca whine about PSG?
PSG has done nothing. Di Maria and Neymar have said they'd love Messi to come. Big deal. PSG officials have done nothing.

Meanwhile Koeman talks about Depay since september, cool as a breeze.

French papers talking about Messi daily. Some player making comments about Messi just as frequently. reverse the roles and you would be crying lol. Sit down.

But yeah I was sure some blind barca fans would come to the rescue and defend the undefendable.

What's the undefendable... where did I say Barca are in the right here? You're obsession is hilarious. Qatar FC is infallible everyone knows this.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah, I do. He has just broken out and is far from his ceiling. Considering he has scored more non penalty goals than any EPL striker this season he is already top 15-20 probably. He just needs to keep his current form for a sustained period of time (easier said than done) to be top 10.
I just don’t see any way he could be considered a top 20 striker in the world at the moment. He’s a good striker, one of the better PL strikers for sure but he’s got a ways to go to being considered world class.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I just don’t see any way he could be considered a top 20 striker in the world at the moment. He’s a good striker, one of the better PL strikers for sure but he’s got a ways to go to being considered world class.
I will say DCL is probably around 7-10 in strikers in PL (I know what I said before). He will never be a top 20 striker in the world though. I think he tops out at what Martial is now. Streaky and if he’s your starting striker at a top club, you’re trying to replace him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I will say DCL is probably around 7-10 in strikers in PL (I know what I said before). He will never be a top 20 striker in the world though. I think he tops out at what Martial is now. Streaky and if he’s your starting striker at a top club, you’re trying to replace him.
Yeah I could see that for sure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
French papers talking about Messi daily. Some player making comments about Messi just as frequently. reverse the roles and you would be crying lol. Sit down.
French papers talk about Messi daily?
France Football this week was the first cover. Outrage in Spain. Compare with the tweet I linked. Laughable.
I didn't cry when Barca officials were commenting on Neymar and others.

What's incredible is that Barca officials, coaches, presidency candidates and now papers are whining about what they do ALL THE TIME. Because FOR ONCE another newspaper did it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Name 19 strikers better than Martial.
Not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad