Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Giroud is a better link up player than almost any striker in the world. Not strange that he is better at linking play than Morata. I never said Morata was a good link up player, but he has intelligent off ball movement and is better at link up play than Werner ( most players are).

In the PL
Morata did not display any intelligent off the ball movement at Chelsea, again I have no idea what you are talking about. He had to be carried while defending and attacking, and the one thing he was really good at was putting in crosses that someone dropped on top of him in the box.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Morata did not display any intelligent off the ball movement at Chelsea, again I have no idea what you are talking about. He had to be carried while defending and attacking, and the one thing he was really good at was putting in crosses that someone dropped on top of him in the box.
Morata is great at running in behind and a brilliant counter attacking outlet. That is a common consensus and Simeone and Allegri have both mentioned that. That is really the only area where he is elite, just like Werner. Both players can struggle against deep defensive lines, both players have poor touch and technique, both players are poor finishers overall. Morata also has great movement in the box however ( which is why he scored those headers).

I am not saying Morata struggled with his overall game. He was not as bad as Werner though, he has been horrendous in his overall game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Morata is great at running in behind and a brilliant counter attacking outlet. That is a common consensus and Simeone and Allegri have both mentioned that. That is really the only area where he is elite, just like Werner. Both players can struggle against deep defensive lines, both players have poor touch and technique, both players are poor finishers overall. Morata also has great movement in the box however ( which is why he scored those headers).

I am not saying Morata struggled with his overall game. He was not as bad as Werner though, he has been horrendous in his overall game.
Again, I don't care that Morata was described this way by a few managers, he did not display these abilities at Chelsea and was far worse at them than Werner is. "Great at running and brilliant counter attacking outlet" is the exact opposite of what he was at Chelsea, he was f***ing garbage at both of those things.

Reactions: cgf and gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Again, I don't care that Morata was described this way by a few managers, he did not display these abilities at Chelsea and was far worse at them than Werner is. "Great at running and brilliant counter attacking outlet" is the exact opposite of what he was at Chelsea, he was f***ing garbage at both of those things.
Okay, sure, agree to disagree. I trust Simeone, Allegri and my own eye test, but it is okay to not agree. Remember the 2-0 goal you scored against us in August 2018? That shows what I think Morata is all about. Watch it back.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Okay, sure, agree to disagree. I trust Simeone, Allegri and my own eye test, but it is okay to not agree.
No, I don't "agree to disagree" with your inaccurate assessment of Morata at Chelsea. Did either Simeone or Allegri manage him at Chelsea? No.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
No, I don't "agree to disagree" with your inaccurate assessment of Morata at Chelsea. Did either Simeone or Allegri manage him at Chelsea? No.

Watch his goal against Arsenal in 2018. Or the many chances his movement created against us in the 2-2 match in January 2018. Watch it back. Shows how good he is off the ball and on the counter. His goal and assist away agaisnt Bayern for Juve is another good example.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You expect me to bring out more examples from memory? Seriously? Updated the post now if you want to watch it back and see what I mean, as examples.
I really dont care... like at all. I find your posts just entertaining while I work.

Reactions: cgf

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Watch his goal against Arsenal in 2018. Or the many chances his movement created against us in the 2-2 match in January 2018. Watch it back. Shows how good he is off the ball and on the counter. His goal and assist away agaisnt Bayern for Juve is another good example.
It's quite telling that your only frame of reference to his performance at Chelsea is 2 of the 72 games he played here. I'm assessing his overall performance at the club, not a few individual plays from games against Arsenal.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It's quite telling that your only frame of reference to his performance at Chelsea is 2 of the 72 games he played here. I'm assessing his overall performance at the club, not a few individual plays from games against Arsenal.
I am assessing his overall performance as well. Just using a few examples to illustrate what I mean visually. I can bring out many more examples but I am not bothered to look back at three year old Chelsea games to point out more examples, of course.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Calvert-Lewin better than Vardy? Yea, definitely not. Vardy is one of the best strikers in the world off the ball and he's a lethal finisher considering how few touches he actually makes.

Bamford also doesn't seem like the kind of striker that will age like Vardy either.
I think they're different players, but I say that Calvert-Lewin can age like Ings and Ings is pretty damn good IMHO. Not a top calibre striker for the main six, but he's perfect for the top-level club after the six like Everton, LC, or West Ham. LFC looks stupid in getting rid of him and keeping Origi.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think they're different players, but I say that Calvert-Lewin can age like Ings and Ings is pretty damn good IMHO. Not a top calibre striker for the main six, but he's perfect for the top-level club after the six like Everton, LC, or West Ham. LFC looks stupid in getting rid of him and keeping Origi.
I like Calvert-Lewin and think he has lots of potential at only 23 still, but he's not better than Vardy right now. That was my only point.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Not sure what the argument is but I think both Bamford and Lacazette are both above average strikers.

Especially Lacazette who has somewhat wasted his best years at Arsenal. He would have fit Man City so well and people would have talked about him as one of the top strikers over the past few years

Reactions: Evilo

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Jesus has that much playing time, I doubt Lacazette doesn't have any.

In fact, that's a really weird argument you're having here.

I'm not really sure what argument you think I'm making. Lacazette wouldn't have gone to City to be Aguero's backup like Jesus was, he's not good enough to replace Aguero full time and he doesn't really fit anywhere else in City's lineup.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, duh, Jesus has played 57, 60 and 57 games the last 3 seasons.

I wonder where Lacazette would fit :sarcasm:
Of course he would have signed with City rather than Arsenal. Aguero is always injured and Pepe likes to change his lineup every 5 minutes.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
1.) Jesus didn't play remotely that many games, not sure where your numbers are coming from. Also a large percentage of his performances were subs. His actual minutes are less than half of what Laca has had until last year when Aguero was injured a bunch.

2.) Jesus was already on City when Laca signed with Arsenal and Pep/City clearly love him, so he would have had even fewer minutes than just what Jesus had.

3.) It doesn't matter if he would have accepted it or not given that the underlying point I was responding to was somehow that he would have been some incredible striker and gone down as one of the best in the Prem during that time despite there just not being a spot on the team for him to perform that kind of role until maybe last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad