Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Bamford misses so many chances. He’s not a good finisher at all.
When will people realise that the majority of the art of being a goalscorer is getting chances, not finishing them? Cavani has built a superstar career on world class movement off the ball and getting into dangerous positions.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Thats not how it works... like at all. Werner is 3 years younger and in a new environment. Bamford is 27 going on 28, this is more likely a career year and not a break out year. Vardy is an outlier. I think it's a safe bet Werner outscores Bamford next season.
I see no basis for that. Werner is a limited player who so far has struggled against deep blocks when not given space to run in behind, like I predicted. I will be surprised if he ever hits 15 non penalty goals in a PL season to be honest. I don’t think this is a career year for Bamford either, think he is a late bloomer simply, but maybe I am wrong.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I see no basis for that. Werner is a limited player who so far has struggled against deep blocks when not given space to run in behind, like I predicted. I will be surprised if he ever hits 15 non penalty goals in a PL season to be honest. I don’t think this is a career year for Bamford either, think he is a late bloomer simply, but maybe I am wrong.
You understand all of this is baseless though right? You putting a number on Werner will only make you look more foolish, Werner has 5 years or more to prove you wrong. I dont think he's anything special and pretty happy Barca didnt buy him but 15 goals isnt even much. With him being in a funk and playing like shit he has 4 goals with roughly half the season to go. Bamford plays for an extremely offensive coach what happens when he doesnt play for a Loco? Hit the breaks and put it into neutral from time to time.

Furthermore, you really dont see a basis for younger player to out pace the older player, when the younger player has outscored him EVERY SINGLE YEAR in their careers? Except when Werner was 19 LOOOOL. GO back to arguing about Cesc being the best midfielder.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You understand all of this is baseless though right? You putting a number on Werner will only make you look more foolish, Werner has 5 years or more to prove you wrong. I dont think he's anything special and pretty happy Barca didnt buy him but 15 goals isnt even much. With him being in a funk and playing like shit he has 4 goals with roughly half the season to go. Bamford plays for an extremely offensive coach what happens when he doesnt play for a Loco? Hit the breaks and put it into neutral from time to time.
Bamford would not do nearly as well without Bielsa, for sure, I said that. Still think he would do well though, but not nearly as well. Werner’s numbers were heavily inflated by Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl though ( and every Bundesliga team pressing high, giving him space in behind. He was a very limited player with huge flaws in the World Cup when I saw him there, as he has been in the PL. If teams know how to nullify his strenghts, I don’t think he hits 15 without penalties. The likes of Lacazette and Morata never have scored 15, so it is not a ridiculous claim.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Bamford would not do nearly as well without Bielsa, for sure, I said that. Still think he would do well though, but not nearly as well. Werner’s numbers were heavily inflated by Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl though ( and every Bundesliga team pressing high, giving him space in behind. He was a very limited player with huge flaws in the World Cup when I saw him there, as he has been in the PL. If teams know how to nullify his strenghts, I don’t think he hits 15 without penalties. The likes of Lacazette and Morata never have scored 15, so it is not a ridiculous claim.
Morata sucks and was always overrated.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
When will people realise that the majority of the art of being a goalscorer is getting chances, not finishing them? Cavani has built a superstar career on world class movement off the ball and getting into dangerous positions.
Cavani is far better of the ball than Bamford and is still a significantly better finisher than Bamford.

Reactions: Gecklund

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Calvert-Lewin better than Vardy? Yea, definitely not. Vardy is one of the best strikers in the world off the ball and he's a lethal finisher considering how few touches he actually makes.

Bamford also doesn't seem like the kind of striker that will age like Vardy either.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What an absolute joke. Calvert-Lewin is for sure better than Werner, Antonio, Lacazette. Probably better than Vardy, Cavani, Jesus, and could start for Liverpool or Spurs if they changed system.

Absolutely better than Morata, Dzeko, Zapata, Oshimen. Could start over one of Lukaku/Lautaro at times.

Absolutely better than En Neysiri, Alcacer, Isak. Probably would start for Atletico as well.

Absolutely better than Plea/Thuram, Poulsen/Sörloth, Jovic, Weghorst. Could start alongside Haaland at Dortmund.

Absolutely better than bloody Kadewere and Jonathan David.
Love how you call me a joke and then post this of
1. West Ham being in the big 6
2. A list of like 20 strikers better than Calvert Lewis.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Doing well at Juve and was better than Werner (so far) at Chelsea
:laugh:

Definitely not. Morata scored at a slightly higher rate than Werner has so far with Chelsea, but Morata was f***ing useless without the ball. Just dead weight that the rest of the team had to carry.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
:laugh:

Definitely not. Morata scored at a slightly higher rate than Werner has so far with Chelsea, but Morata was f***ing useless without the ball. Just dead weight that the rest of the team had to carry.
Werner is also quite useless on the ball, with horrendous technique, hold up play and vision. Both players can open up space with good runs, none of them are bad off the ball but Werner is worse.

Reactions: cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Goal every 266 minutes. Werner has one every 413. Not comparable. Both players need space in behind to do well though, as I said.
SO, a goal every 3 games almost is doing VERY WELL? You're a master at logic. Very impressive. Now do Cesc again.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
SO, a goal every 3 games almost is doing VERY WELL? You're a master at logic. Very impressive. Now do Cesc again.
6 non penalty CL goals in 6 games. But very well is an exagerration, sure. Doing better than Werner though, and simply is a better footballer.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Werner is also quite useless on the ball, with horrendous technique, hold up play and vision. Both players can open up space with good runs, none of them are bad off the ball but Werner is worse.
Yea this is nonsense. Werner has provided a lot more value to Chelsea than Morata did, and Morata did not generate any space with runs while at Chelsea, none. He scored almost all of his goals from receiving crosses in the box, and link up plays died when the ball was passed to him because he would either immediately lose it to a defender or make a bad pass.

Werner has generated a lot of chances this season, his finishing has been off.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Guys why are you arguing with AB? He’s obviously an expert on all things football and any opinion against him is a joke and wrong! He has time to watch every game and every player and the intelligence to analyze everything perfectly to suit his argument. We should all be bowing down to him and his expertise. He would never admit he was wrong because he will never be wrong.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yea this is nonsense. Werner has provided a lot more value to Chelsea than Morata did, and Morata did not generate any space with runs while at Chelsea, none. He scored almost all of his goals from receiving crosses in the box, and link up plays died when the ball was passed to him because he would either immediately lose it to a defender or make a bad pass.

Werner has generated a lot of chances this season, his finishing has been off.
Morata is just as good as Werner at creating space with off ball runs. Morata is a great outlet which is why Chelsea, Juventus, Real and Atletico all wanted him. Morata was good at moving in the box to create space for his headed goals and close range finishes. Werner is worse than Morata at holding the ball up, for sure. There is no way he generates as many chances as Morata did at Chelsea ( even though Werner plays under more attacking management).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Morata is just as good as Werner at creating space with off ball runs. Morata is a great outlet which is why Chelsea, Juventus, Real and Atletico all wanted him. Morata was good at moving in the box to create space for his headed goals and close range finishes. Werner is worse than Morata at holding the ball up, for sure. There is no way he generates as many chances as Morata did at Chelsea ( even though Werner plays under more attacking management).
I struggle to believe you watched a single game Morata played at Chelsea because he did none of these things here. There is a huge reason we replaced Morata with Giroud as the #1 striker, it's because everyone else (Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, etc.) all played better with Giroud on the pitch and we were a much more dangerous team overall. Hazard would try and make link up plays with Morata and they would almost always fail.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Guys why are you arguing with AB? He’s obviously an expert on all things football and any opinion against him is a joke and wrong! He has time to watch every game and every player and the intelligence to analyze everything perfectly to suit his argument. We should all be bowing down to him and his expertise. He would never admit he was wrong because he will never be wrong.
It is okay to see football differently and have a rational discussion about it.

I admit when I am wrong. At times, I am. I was wrong about plenty of things. But I am also looking like I could be proven right about takes people ridiculed me for. My Solskjaer prediction is looking good, considering the league table. I was right about Werner struggling in England when everyone thought he would do well. I was right about Tottenham not being a dangerous team in 2019-20 when everyone thought they could challenge for the title after signing Ndombele. I could very well be proven right about Rice, Foden, Soumare too. Those ”ridiculous” takes that I could be proven right about gave me a bad reputation, but you should respect me more.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I struggle to believe you watched a single game Morata played at Chelsea because he did none of these things here. There is a huge reason we replaced Morata with Giroud as the #1 striker, it's because everyone else (Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, RLC, etc.) all played better with Giroud on the pitch and we were a much more dangerous team overall. Hazard would try and make link up plays with Morata and they would almost always fail.
Giroud is a better link up player than almost any striker in the world. Not strange that he is better at linking play than Morata. I never said Morata was a good link up player, but he has intelligent off ball movement and is better at link up play than Werner ( most players are). Morata and Werner are similar players, though.
Lacazette hasn't scored 15 goals?
In the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad