Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I'm not sure how people define average PL striker in these posts above, but purely by numbers there should be grouped roughly like this (20 teams/20 regular starting strikers): 5 above average strikers, 7 average, 5 below average, 3 non-Pl quality strikers (say the ones from the relegated teams).

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
About City and strikers I think they will get Haaland. Just makes too much sense with Aguero aging. Unless they don't want to deal with Raiola.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Where would Lacazette have played at City?
As a #9, obviously. It was more a comment on his style of play fitting a team like City.

Having said that, Pep and Aguero butted heads somewhat early on. Aguero is a deadly poacher but not an ideal high press forward. In fact Jesus replaced a healthy Aguero in the line-up in his first year and half with the team several times (until he himself became injury prone). Read the article below

Sergio Aguero has grown unhappy with life at Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | SportsJOE.ie

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
About City and strikers I think they will get Haaland. Just makes too much sense with Aguero aging. Unless they don't want to deal with Raiola.
They might make a one time exception regarding Raiola for Haaland. After all his father played at City and he grew up a City fan. Desperate need for a #9 with Aguero's contract running out and the injury prone Jesus's inconsistent displays.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pep/Kun did butt heads but there's no way Jesus or Laca would've displaced him. City tried many times to push Kun out, it never happened because they found common ground and Kun is one of the best strikers of his generation. Hard to replace that.

Reactions: YNWA14

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Pep/Kun did butt heads but there's no way Jesus or Laca would've displaced him. City tried many times to push Kun out, it never happened because they found common ground and Kun is one of the best strikers of his generation. Hard to replace that.
Agree with the common ground part. Dude is one of the best pure finishers I have seen. City fans will forever love him just for the Aguerooooooooo moment :)

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Aguero is so underrated. He’s slowing now due to injuries but there’s a reason he was the only one to last through a revolving door of high priced shiny new toys, under many managers over a decade.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Where would Lacazette have played at City?
He's better than Jesus, so as back up to Kun.

They're getting Messi, I think Leo has utter mad respect for Pep and it just means perfect sense how if they reunite, it will be due to Messi joining him instead of the other way around.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Haaland isn’t for sale.

I’m seeing a lot of Alcacer discussion. His goal numbers are deceiving. He’s completely useless aside from that. He’s not the type of player you want as your starting CF. Nothing in the buildup, nothing off the ball, not really good at anything other than finding space and finishing. Not a bad player, but he’s a high quality back up on a good team, not a starter.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Haaland isn’t for sale.

I’m seeing a lot of Alcacer discussion. His goal numbers are deceiving. He’s completely useless aside from that. He’s not the type of player you want as your starting CF. Nothing in the buildup, nothing off the ball, not really good at anything other than finding space and finishing. Not a bad player, but he’s a high quality back up on a good team, not a starter.

He eventually will be and when he is I see him going to City. Seems too logical.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
All of them would start for CL level clubs all over the world already. They would score 25+ in lets say, the Bundesliga. Calvert-Lewin would potentially start for every team in the Premier League besides maybe Liverpool.
They wouldn't start for any Bundesliga CL team.
What an absolute joke. Calvert-Lewin is for sure better than Werner, Antonio, Lacazette. Probably better than Vardy, Cavani, Jesus, and could start for Liverpool or Spurs if they changed system.

Absolutely better than Morata, Dzeko, Zapata, Oshimen. Could start over one of Lukaku/Lautaro at times.

Absolutely better than En Neysiri, Alcacer, Isak. Probably would start for Atletico as well.

Absolutely better than Plea/Thuram, Poulsen/Sörloth, Jovic, Weghorst. Could start alongside Haaland at Dortmund.

Absolutely better than bloody Kadewere and Jonathan David.
Stay in your lane, you're showing us how little you know about what you are saying.
Bamford would not do nearly as well without Bielsa, for sure, I said that. Still think he would do well though, but not nearly as well. Werner’s numbers were heavily inflated by Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl though ( and every Bundesliga team pressing high, giving him space in behind. He was a very limited player with huge flaws in the World Cup when I saw him there, as he has been in the PL. If teams know how to nullify his strenghts, I don’t think he hits 15 without penalties. The likes of Lacazette and Morata never have scored 15, so it is not a ridiculous claim.
Hassenhuttl inflated Timo's #s? You really didn't watch Hassenhuttl's Leipzig, did you? :laugh:
Goal every 266 minutes. Werner has one every 413. Not comparable. Both players need space in behind to do well though, as I said.
Maybe if you keep saying it, it'll become true? That's how reality works, right?

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You understand all of this is baseless though right? You putting a number on Werner will only make you look more foolish, Werner has 5 years or more to prove you wrong. I dont think he's anything special and pretty happy Barca didnt buy him but 15 goals isnt even much. With him being in a funk and playing like shit he has 4 goals with roughly half the season to go. Bamford plays for an extremely offensive coach what happens when he doesnt play for a Loco? Hit the breaks and put it into neutral from time to time.

Furthermore, you really dont see a basis for younger player to out pace the older player, when the younger player has outscored him EVERY SINGLE YEAR in their careers? Except when Werner was 19 LOOOOL. GO back to arguing about Cesc being the best midfielder.
My favorite part is praising other forwards for their link up play, movement and work off the ball; while trying to s*** on Timo. All with absolute zero self-awareness :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1.) Jesus didn't play remotely that many games, not sure where your numbers are coming from. Also a large percentage of his performances were subs. His actual minutes are less than half of what Laca has had until last year when Aguero was injured a bunch.

2.) Jesus was already on City when Laca signed with Arsenal and Pep/City clearly love him, so he would have had even fewer minutes than just what Jesus had.

3.) It doesn't matter if he would have accepted it or not given that the underlying point I was responding to was somehow that he would have been some incredible striker and gone down as one of the best in the Prem during that time despite there just not being a spot on the team for him to perform that kind of role until maybe last year.
Numbers are all competitions.
And yes Laca could have made himself quite a place on City since he can also play wing.
I have no doubt Pep would have used him heavily. Just like he did with Jesus.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Aguero is so underrated. He’s slowing now due to injuries but there’s a reason he was the only one to last through a revolving door of high priced shiny new toys, under many managers over a decade.
David Silva? Silva doesn't get enough credit for what he brought to City, and how important he was to their rise.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think it was more just people's reaction to a certain poster over-rating him. He's a good striker, not a great or "potentially worldclass" one.
Yes I agree. But let's not go to other extremes. This is a very good striker with potential to get even better. He does a lot of littles things right and of course is excellent in the box.
I see him as in a different tier than some names mentionned in this conversation.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
They wouldn't start for any Bundesliga CL team.

Stay in your lane, you're showing us how little you know about what you are saying.

Hassenhuttl inflated Timo's #s? You really didn't watch Hassenhuttl's Leipzig, did you? :laugh:

Maybe if you keep saying it, it'll become true? That's how reality works, right?
Do you actually think Calvert-Lewin, with a 26 goal pace this season in the Premier League looking at goals per game ( without penalties), would be benched by Plea/Thuram and Poulsen? There is no argument against Calvert-Lewin being one of the best strikers in Europe this season.

Also, Werners struggles against deep blocks are very well known, and Nagelsmann has mentioned them himself, saying something along the lines of ”Werner missing against Atletico isn’t really a problem because he isn’t suited to that type of game”. And do you really think Werner is a technical player? Not at all from what I have watched, his first touch is a massive flaw. Maybe you are right, but I said he would struggle in the Premier League because teams defend deeper before the season started and so far I have not been wrong.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Do you actually think Calvert-Lewin, with a 26 goal pace this season in the Premier League looking at goals per game ( without penalties), would be benched by Plea/Thuram and Poulsen? There is no argument against Calvert-Lewin being one of the best strikers in Europe this season.

Also, Werners struggles against deep blocks are very well known, and Nagelsmann has mentioned them himself, saying something along the lines of ”Werner missing against Atletico isn’t really a problem because he isn’t suited to that type of game”. And do you really think Werner is a technical player? Not at all from what I have watched, his first touch is a massive flaw. Maybe you are right, but I said he would struggle in the Premier League because teams defend deeper before the season started and so far I have not been wrong.

Yes, both of those teams require extremely high levels of ball skills & creativity from their forwards, which is why Plea/Stindl & Forsberg/Olmo would continue to start over him. But again, please continue talking about clubs that you know nothing about.

PS Thuram is a winger & Poulsen has predominantly come off of the bench this season, just in case you'd like to do a better job of pretending to have a clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yes, both of those teams require extremely high levels of ball skills & creativity from their forwards, which is why Plea/Stindl & Forsberg/Olmo would continue to start over him. But again, please continue talking about clubs that you know nothing about.

PS Thuram is a winger & Poulsen has predominantly come off of the bench this season, just in case you'd like to do a better job of pretending to have a clue.
You don’t think Rose and Nagelsmann could adjust their systems to fit a great player in? Also, do you not think Calvert-Lewin has great ball skills? If so, you probably know as little about the PL as you say I know about the Bundesliga. He is a superb technician. Plea/Thuram interchange positions all the time, which is why I mentioned both. You know this, so don’t ignore that to call me stupid. I think both are capable strikers as well as capable wingers.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

There's no way Leipzig doesn't start Calvert Lewin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad