Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
French papers talk about Messi daily?
France Football this week was the first cover. Outrage in Spain. Compare with the tweet I linked. Laughable.
I didn't cry when Barca officials were commenting on Neymar and others.

What's incredible is that Barca officials, coaches, presidency candidates and now papers are whining about what they do ALL THE TIME. Because FOR ONCE another newspaper did it.
Well documented... the fact that you are denying this just shows how far you are willing to go to argue. What ever floats your boat I suppose. 2 wrongs = a right I guess.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Name 19 strikers better than Martial.
Not easy.
Lewa, Mbappe, Kane, Haaland, Lukaku, Lautaro, Werner, Icardi, Auba, Aguero, Benzema, Vardy, Suarez, Cavani, Ibra

That’s 15 and then if you include forwards and not just strikers since ya know Martial isn’t really breaking in at striker over Cavani

Rashford, Salah, Firmino, CR7, Dybala, Neymar, Messi, Mane, Sterling, Sane

Probably a ton more but you get my point. This is mostly off the top of my head too.

One thing I will say about Martial is when he’s in form, there are some of these players I wouldn’t take over him. Problem is he’s out of form so frequently.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I will say DCL is probably around 7-10 in strikers in PL (I know what I said before). He will never be a top 20 striker in the world though. I think he tops out at what Martial is now. Streaky and if he’s your starting striker at a top club, you’re trying to replace him.
He is already better than Martial. How is he not? Look at his stats this season, he is better than Werner/Jesus/Lacazette too.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Stats aren’t everything.
I absolutely agree, but Calvert-Lewin is an impressive all round player who does more off the ball than most. He is great in areas that stats don’t show. In a few years, he will be seen as a top 15 striker, for sure. The only argument for Werner/Jesus/Vardy/Martial/Lacazette over DCL is continuity at the top. This season very few strikers have been better than Calvert-Lewin, anywhere. See if he keeps it up.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I absolutely agree, but Calvert-Lewin is an exceptional all round player who does more off the ball than most. He is great in areas that stats don’t show. In a few years, he will be seen as a top 15 striker, for sure.
He’s good but he’s not better than any of those except Jesus who is not in my top 7-10 strikers.

I got DCL behind Aguero, Kane, Auba, Vardy, Cavani easily and then I got Ings, Firmino, Werner, Lacazette, Martial above him. I got him at the same level as Abraham.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He’s good but he’s not better than any of those except Jesus who is not in my top 7-10 strikers.

I got DCL behind Aguero, Kane, Auba, Vardy, Cavani easily and then I got Ings, Firmino, Werner, Lacazette, Martial above him. I got him at the same level as Abraham.
As I said, the only thing some of those have over DCL is continuity at the top.

I have Kane, Aguero, Auba, maybe Vardy and Cavani over DCL. But going forwards, for the next 5 years, only Kane in the league. He is the only one I would take over DCL currently, for sure, without hesitation. Abraham is also very good by the way. On par with a few of the names mentioned.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
As I said, the only thing some of those have over DCL is continuity at the top.

I have Kane, Aguero, Auba, maybe Vardy and Cavani over DCL. But going forwards, for the next 5 years, only Kane in the league. Abraham is also very good by the way. On par with a few of the names mentioned.
My thing with Abraham is the same as Martial. Streaky as hell. When in form any of those 5/6 names mentioned could be on par with those top 5. Problem is only Ings has shown that he can hold form.

Reactions: S E P H

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
My thing with Abraham is the same as Martial. Streaky as hell. When in form any of those 5/6 names mentioned could be on par with those top 5. Problem is only Ings has shown that he can hold form.
Abraham is never given continuity in a stable setup. Plays well, then gets benched for a couple games. Hard to perform without continuity.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Name 19 strikers better than Martial.
Not easy.
- Mbappe
- Kane
- Haaland
- Lukaku
- Firmino
- Lautaro
- Lewandowski
- Icardi
- Jimenez
- Aubameyang
- Zapata
- Aguero
- Osimhen
- Dembele
- Alcacer
- Benzema
- Vardy
- Belotti
- Immobile
- Suarez/Mertens

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well documented... the fact that you are denying this just shows how far you are willing to go to argue. What ever floats your boat I suppose. 2 wrongs = a right I guess.
That's quite ironic :laugh:
PSG officials haven't made comments on Messi. Except denying anything.
PSG coaches (both) have been asked and all they said was any great player is welcome in Paris.
Two players said they'd love Messi to come.
France Football has a cover of Messi in a PSG shirt.
That's ALL there ever was.

Barca?
Depay being talked about freely, including by your own coach. I want him to come. I'd like him to come.
Marqui, Thiago Silva talked about in the newspapers for summers.
Neymar and Verratti being talked about by players, coaches, and officials.
Laporta lashing on PSG for making Messi comments (what?).
Sport having more than 30 covers on Neymar coming to Barca while under contract with PSG.
And on and on and on....

Even MF Garcia called out Koeman for hypocrisy. And he's no PSG fan, coach or official, is he?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lewa, Mbappe, Kane, Haaland, Lukaku, Lautaro, Werner, Icardi, Auba, Aguero, Benzema, Vardy, Suarez, Cavani, Ibra

That’s 15 and then if you include forwards and not just strikers since ya know Martial isn’t really breaking in at striker over Cavani

Rashford, Salah, Firmino, CR7, Dybala, Neymar, Messi, Mane, Sterling, Sane

Probably a ton more but you get my point. This is mostly off the top of my head too.

One thing I will say about Martial is when he’s in form, there are some of these players I wouldn’t take over him. Problem is he’s out of form so frequently.
It think it's fair to say Auba isn't better than CL right now. Easily in fact. Firmino? Seriously? And wingers? Come on now.
Name me 19 STRIKERS better than Calvert-Lewin NOW.

Good luck with that. So imagine saying he doesn't POTENTIAL to be a top 10 striker? Long shot he doesn't make it IMO.

Reactions: AB13

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

That's pretty bad IMO.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It think it's fair to say Auba isn't better than CL right now. Easily in fact. Firmino? Seriously? And wingers? Come on now.
Name me 19 STRIKERS better than Calvert-Lewin NOW.

Good luck with that. So imagine saying he doesn't POTENTIAL to be a top 10 striker? Long shot he doesn't make it IMO.
So CL has one good season and Firmino/Auba have one bad (by their standards) and CL is suddenly so much better. Love the double standard.
That's pretty bad IMO.
It’s really not.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
- Mbappe
- Kane
- Haaland
- Lukaku
- Firmino
- Lautaro
- Lewandowski
- Icardi
- Jimenez
- Aubameyang
- Zapata

- Aguero
- Osimhen
- Dembele
- Alcacer

- Benzema
- Vardy
- Belotti
- Immobile
- Suarez/Mertens
Yikes....
Add Cavani obviously.
That makes Martial roughly among the top 12/15 strikers, which is fair IMO.
DCL is just a few steps under maybe (not this year) and is around 20th.

So saying he doesn't have the "potential" to reach top 20?
Nah. He's probably already there.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's quite ironic :laugh:
PSG officials haven't made comments on Messi. Except denying anything.
PSG coaches (both) have been asked and all they said was any great player is welcome in Paris.
Two players said they'd love Messi to come.
France Football has a cover of Messi in a PSG shirt.
That's ALL there ever was.

Barca?
Depay being talked about freely, including by your own coach. I want him to come. I'd like him to come.
Marqui, Thiago Silva talked about in the newspapers for summers.
Neymar and Verratti being talked about by players, coaches, and officials.
Laporta lashing on PSG for making Messi comments (what?).
Sport having more than 30 covers on Neymar coming to Barca while under contract with PSG.
And on and on and on....

Even MF Garcia called out Koeman for hypocrisy. And he's no PSG fan, coach or official, is he?
Paredes,Neymar and ADM get that right at the very least. What does Depay have anything to do with PSG's bs? You can bitch about barca's comments, I dont agree with them. What you cant do is on one hand bitch about barca and turn around and say PSG arent doing the same. So please stop crying or continue its entertaining.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So CL has one good season and Firmino/Auba have one bad (by their standards) and CL is suddenly so much better. Love the double standard.

It’s really not.
Oh come on, Firmino was vastly overrated because of various contributions other than goals.
I think everyone can say Firmino has been bad for a while now, not just one season.
Auba wasn't good last year either.
CL is a young player so the history is slim, but yeah RIGHT NOW, he's better than both.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Paredes,Neymar and ADM get that right at the very least. What does Depay have anything to do with PSG's bs? You can bitch about barca's comments, I dont agree with them. What you cant do is on one hand bitch about barca and turn around and say PSG arent doing the same. So please stop crying or continue its entertaining.
I think it's quite clear they're not doing the same. Try to find 30 covers of France Football about Messi to PSG. Try to find Pochettino saying I want player X to come to Paris.
Please try and then tell me.

What does Depay have to do with anything? Well that's the whole hypocrisy point. Barca doesn't stand from others a fraction of what they do daily.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think it's quite clear they're not doing the same. Try to find 30 covers of France Football about Messi to PSG. Try to find Pochettino saying I want player X to come to Paris.
Please try and then tell me.

What does Depay have to do with anything? Well that's the whole hypocrisy point. Barca doesn't stand from others a fraction of what they do daily.
Paredes, Neymar, ADM have said they want him. French papers have talked about him coming to PSG. Is that drastically different?

Hypocrisy the shoe fits on your end as well. That's quite clear.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yikes....
Add Cavani obviously.
That makes Martial roughly among the top 12/15 strikers, which is fair IMO.
DCL is just a few steps under maybe (not this year) and is around 20th.

So saying he doesn't have the "potential" to reach top 20?
Nah. He's probably already there.
I would say that of the bold you listed; Jimenez, Auba, Zapata, Dembele, Alcacer, and Belotti are all better and better consistently. It would come down to a debate between Firmino, Osimhen, Suarez, and Mertens and honestly if someone preferred Martial over those four then I couldn't complain. There is some wildcard elements though because Firmino plays much differently than majority of #9's and Suarez is clearly supreme who has declined due to age and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad