Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yikes....
Add Cavani obviously.
That makes Martial roughly among the top 12/15 strikers, which is fair IMO.
DCL is just a few steps under maybe (not this year) and is around 20th.

So saying he doesn't have the "potential" to reach top 20?
Nah. He's probably already there.

Last season's form? Absolutely. Right now? Heeeeeeellllll no.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I would say that of the bold you listed; Jimenez, Auba, Zapata, Dembele, Alcacer, and Belotti are all better and better consistently. It would come down to a debate between Firmino, Osimhen, Suarez, and Mertens and honestly if someone preferred Martial over those four then I couldn't complain. There is some wildcard elements though because Firmino plays much differently than majority of #9's and Suarez is clearly supreme who has declined due to age and nothing else.
No, no, no.... We're talking about Moussa Dembele here??? Alcacer? I like Osimhen and I think he has great potential, but seriously? The guy has never scored more than 11 goals in a top 5 league.
Come on....

I agree Firmino is tough to compare but if you're going to list him as striker, then at some point you expect goals.
Suarez is still better than DCL and Martial, never agreed against that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Last season's form? Absolutely. Right now? Heeeeeeellllll no.
Of course, but then DCL is a top 5 striker then.
And nobody's saying that.
I'm saying RIGHT NOW DCL is a top 20 striker. And if not, he's certainly close.
So to say he doesn't have top 20 potential is IMO completely and utterly wrong.

People need to watch the guy play. He's a very very good player. And no, I don't agree with the world class potential label from AB for the record. But top 20? HELL YEAH. He's likely already there. I doubt he gets more than a top 10 nomination in his career however. And that to me is not world class.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Haaland is going to Madrid this summer. Book it.
I wanted Haaland to LFC. But part of me now realize that the transfer fees will be outrageous considering the players in the race (City, Chelsea, United, Real), new world record?, and realize this is not an option anymore.

Now the question is which top striker prospect could be the next Haaland in 2 or 3 years. That's maybe where LFC should look at.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not too much?
When has a PSG coach said anything about Messi coming?
When has Leonardo talked about the financial moves to a Messi transfer?

The answers are never.
Leonardo has said he wants Messi.... So, its ok for French papers and PSG players to comment about Messi. When Barca do so, then it becomes a sin. It's either wrong or its not, you cant play both sides. I dont even agree with most of what barca does off the field. You on the other hand have never criticized PSG/Qatar or Nasser, ask your self why that is. Is it because they are infallible?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It think it's fair to say Auba isn't better than CL right now. Easily in fact. Firmino? Seriously? And wingers? Come on now.
Name me 19 STRIKERS better than Calvert-Lewin NOW.

Good luck with that. So imagine saying he doesn't POTENTIAL to be a top 10 striker? Long shot he doesn't make it IMO.
Off the top of my head.

Haaland
Benzema
Icardi
Mbappe
Vardy
Kane
Aguero
Lewa
Ronaldo
Immobile
Lukaku
Lautaro
Ibra
Suarez
Auba
Osimhen

And then you have guys like Ben Yedder, Martial, Cavani, Jesus, Mertens, Jimenez, Lacazette, Werner, Zapata, Plea, Ings, Aspas, who are all pretty similar level guys. He’s a good player but not a lock for being a top 20 ST.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
To add to the DCL discussion, he has 25 goals in his last 1 season and a half (EPL only).
As a comparison :
Firmino 14
Aubameyang 27
Lacazette 18
Martial 21
Alcacer 9
Jovic 5 (not fair to him so let's say his best season was 17)
Plea 13
Thuram 13
Poulsen 9
Zapata 26
Jimenez 21
Osimhen 15
Belotti 27
M. Dembele 17
Mertens 13
Ings 29
Werner 32
Lautaro 24
Abraham 21

All of these are according to some/many of you superior players to DCL.

Reactions: AB13

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Leonardo has said he wants Messi.... So, its ok for French papers and PSG players to comment about Messi. When Barca do so, then it becomes a sin. It's either wrong or its not, you cant play both sides. I dont even agree with most of what barca does off the field. You on the other hand have never criticized PSG/Qatar or Nasser, ask your self why that is. Is it because they are infallible?
« Les grands joueurs comme Messi seront toujours mis sur la liste du PSG. Mais ce n'est bien sûr pas le moment d'en parler, ni d'y rêver."
That's all Leonardo said about Messi.
When asked about it, Tuchel and Poch said of course they'd love to, but that it wasn't something to be talked about for now.
If you feel that's Leonardo saying he wants Messi....
Compare that with Koeman saying he wants Depay....

If you think I've never criticized PSG, you need to check again. LOL.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Off the top of my head.

Haaland
Benzema
Icardi
Mbappe
Vardy
Kane
Aguero
Lewa
Ronaldo
Immobile
Lukaku
Lautaro
Ibra
Suarez
Auba
Osimhen

And then you have guys like Ben Yedder, Martial, Cavani, Jesus, Mertens, Jimenez, Lacazette, Werner, Zapata, Plea, Ings, Aspas, who are all pretty similar level guys. He’s a good player but not a lock for being a top 20 ST.
Your list was fine until Osimhen... WTF???
And Lautaro? Highly arguable.
So as of now, you came up with 13 players I agree with. I disagree with Auba being better now, same with Osimhen and Lautaro. Off the rest, I don't see anyone but Cavani being better.
Even then, you know what? He's still top 20 or around it. So saying he doesn't have the potential to reach top 20??? WAY off base...

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I wanted Haaland to LFC. But part of me now realize that the transfer fees will be outrageous considering the players in the race (City, Chelsea, United, Real), new world record?, and realize this is not an option anymore.

Now the question is which top striker prospect could be the next Haaland in 2 or 3 years. That's maybe where LFC should look at.

haaland’s agent is always gonna make this expensive. Doesn’t matter where he goes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haaland being available for 75M next summer makes BVB's position very difficult. Either they cash in on a 150M check this summer, or they wait for a year to get half of it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
« Les grands joueurs comme Messi seront toujours mis sur la liste du PSG. Mais ce n'est bien sûr pas le moment d'en parler, ni d'y rêver."
That's all Leonardo said about Messi.
When asked about it, Tuchel and Poch said of course they'd love to, but that it wasn't something to be talked about for now.
If you feel that's Leonardo saying he wants Messi....
Compare that with Koeman saying he wants Depay....

If you think I've never criticized PSG, you need to check again. LOL.
Yeah, thanks I dont speak French lol....

Nah it's pretty obvious. Same for the rest of them. Thanks though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

LFC knows this already. This isn’t a secret. They need to get an established guy in to replace Firmino in the starting XI. Can’t afford to go development there. They need goals. Between Mane, Salah, Diogo Jota and Elliott they are covered at the “wings” but they need a striker who can get Bobby on the bench. LFC know they need to spend here. Obviously it won’t matter if they aren’t Top 4 though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Your list was fine until Osimhen... WTF???
And Lautaro? Highly arguable.
So as of now, you came up with 13 players I agree with. I disagree with Auba being better now, same with Osimhen and Lautaro. Off the rest, I don't see anyone but Cavani being better.
Even then, you know what? He's still top 20 or around it. So saying he doesn't have the potential to reach top 20??? WAY off base...
Osimhen is supposed to be in the lower section, not the upper one, he’s definitely not in the tier of those listed above him.

Auba hasn’t had a great start to the year but has been far better than DCL over the last few years. Martial just had a great season that will probably be equal to DCL’s current season. As for Lautaro I don’t see how they aren’t comparable, they’re just as productive as each other, more so for Lautaro in fact.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Haaland isn’t for sale.
I don’t see why BVB wouldn’t at least consider it. He has a release clause of 75mil next year. They could get wayyy more than that this summer so I’m not sure why they would want to be put in a situation where they lose him for half his value.

Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Osimhen is supposed to be in the lower section, not the upper one, he’s definitely not in the tier of those listed above him.

Auba hasn’t had a great start to the year but has been far better than DCL over the last few years. Martial just had a great season that will probably be equal to DCL’s current season. As for Lautaro I don’t see how they aren’t comparable, they’re just as productive as each other, more so for Lautaro in fact.
Lautaro has one less goal in more games IIRC (off the top of my head).
And I believe DCL doesn't have the support Lautaro has.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t see why BVB wouldn’t at least consider it. He has a release clause of 75mil next year. They could get wayyy more than that this summer so I’m not sure why they would want to be put in a situation where they lose him for half his value.

Haaland has said he doesn't want to leave. He's not going to be sold unless he wants to leave.

Also, I've already explained the work-around to the release clause. Sell him in the winter with a loan back to Dortmund. Instead of 75M we take like 100M. There's the possibility of him extending his contract with the agreement that he'll be sold that summer. There's no reason he couldn't do something like that, which would get us full price.

Why would we sell him in a depressed market right now? Even if he wanted to leave and we wanted to sell him, who can afford 150M+ this summer? There's almost no reason to believe Haaland will leave this summer. Sancho is a different discussion.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Haaland is going to Madrid this summer. Book it.

Every report out there claims Haaland isn't moving and doesn't want to move this summer. Why exactly do you believe this?

Dortmund isn't the world's piggy-bank. That was shown with Sancho last summer. The terms have to make sense for the club and the player has to want to leave. Right now, it doesn't seem like either of those conditions will be met this summer. In fact, I've yet to see one reputable source stating even one of those two conditions to a deal will be satisfied.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Lautaro has one less goal in more games IIRC (off the top of my head).
And I believe DCL doesn't have the support Lautaro has.
They both gave 15 G/A this year though Lautaro has played 21 games and DCL has played 20. So their production is basically equal this year with Lautaro being more productive over the last few season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I sure hope BVB learnt their lesson with Sancho. They didn't sell at full value and now will get less in a bad market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad