Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Grealish is great, but is also a ridiculous diver and Arsenal have such elegance for a club we should avoid these blokes at all cost. Plus, I suggest that Aouar has higher potential and might be less than he was last summer considering he hasn't really played at a 60 million Euro player at all this season.
No way Aouar has higher potential. Grealish is one of the best playmakers in Europe at the moment. Aouar is more all round but he will do well to ever reach the levels of current Grealish.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Aouar has higher potential and I also think he'll be cheaper.
He has been good but injured quite a lot this year. I doubt he goes for more than 50 next summer.
No way Aouar has higher potential. Grealish is one of the best playmakers in Europe at the moment. Aouar is more all round but he will do well to ever reach the levels of current Grealish.
It's hard because inner EPL transfers are always overpriced and when has Arsenal ever overpaid for anybody except for Mustafi, Xhaka, and Pepe? I think Arsenal is going to be more cheap and these deals are less likely to happen since Grealish could probably go for 70 to 90 million pounds at this moment. I don't think I can disagree about any higher potential because Grealish - currently - has been by far the better player, but lets not doubt Aouar's ability either. He's able to make Cazorla-esque passes and if he's able to stay healthy, will absolutely challenge Grealish.

As I said in the EPL GWThread, Arsenal needs a world class CM and that in reality is Cherki. He's the lad Arsenal should put a lot of their investment towards because this game is also a business. Cherki could eventually become Coutinho 2.0 for one of those idiot clubs like Barca or Real to waste their money on.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It's hard because inner EPL transfers are always overpriced and when has Arsenal ever overpaid for anybody except for Mustafi, Xhaka, and Pepe? I think Arsenal is going to be more cheap and these deals are less likely to happen since Grealish could probably go for 70 to 90 million pounds at this moment. I don't think I can disagree about any higher potential because Grealish - currently - has been by far the better player, but lets not doubt Aouar's ability either. He's able to make Cazorla-esque passes and if he's able to stay healthy, will absolutely challenge Grealish.

As I said in the EPL GWThread, Arsenal needs a world class CM and that in reality is Cherki. He's the lad Arsenal should put a lot of their investment towards because this game is also a business. Cherki could eventually become Coutinho 2.0 for one of those idiot clubs like Barca or Real to waste their money on.
Cherki has not proven himself much yet, he is a great shout but a risk. I would go for Soumare.

Our wage bill is massively reduced in the summer, and we should have a lot of money. Considering the huge amount creative players England are producing at the moment, I absolutely try to go for a marketable superstar English signing in the summer, there are plenty to choose from. One of Grealish, Maddison, Sancho, Foden. A statement of intent.

Reactions: S E P H

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cherki has not proven himself much yet, he is a great shout but a risk. I would go for Soumare.

Our wage bill is massively reduced in the summer, and we should have a lot of money. Considering the huge amount creative players England are producing at the moment, I absolutely try to go for a marketable superstar English signing in the summer, there are plenty to choose from. One of Grealish, Maddison, Sancho, Foden. A statement of intent.
Why would any of those guys go to Arsenal when every big team will be in on them? 0 chance Foden leaves City too.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Maddison and Foden are both starting for clubs that are better than Arsenal right now.

Sancho is too, but obviously not in England. Still don't see him coming back for Arsenal nor so I see Arsenal ponying up 100+m to buy him.

Maybe Grealish, but I would still be surprised to see it.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Why would any of those guys go to Arsenal when every big team will be in on them? 0 chance Foden leaves City too.
Foden isn’t getting the opportunities he deserves at City, and would relish the chance to be a superstar ( as he would on any other team in the league). He is also good friends with Arsenals young English talents and knows Arteta ( for better or worse). Maddison and Grealish would want to move to bigger clubs with more resources, history and better infrastructure to be sucessful going forwards. Arsenal fit that bill. Madisson obviously isn’t nearly as good as Grealish though, so he will have less clubs after him.

Sancho is a realistic signing for any of Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool or Spurs.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Foden isn’t getting the opportunities he deserves at City, and would relish the chance to be a superstar ( as he would on any other team in the league). Maddison and Grealish would want to move to bigger clubs with more resources, history and better infrastructure to be sucessful going forwards. Arsenal fit that bill. Madisson obviously isn’t nearly as good as Grealish though, so he will have less clubs after him.

Sancho is a realistic signing for any of Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool or Spurs.
Grealish will have his pick of top English clubs. Foden is starting and playing a big role for a bigger team than Arsenal. Maddison is starting for a better team than Arsenal. 2 of those for Sancho aren’t like the others.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Grealish will have his pick of top English clubs. Foden is starting and playing a big role for a bigger team than Arsenal. Maddison is starting for a better team than Arsenal. 2 of those for Sancho aren’t like the others.
Foden is starting for a better team, not bigger team, same thing goes for Madisson. Arsenal have a much larger fanbase and larger history, which obviously is a huge reason when choosing clubs. Will be intresting to see how much it factors in. The other points I said are not neglected at all by your reasoning. Also, 2 of those for Sancho? Which? Liverpool, City and United are the clear cut top 3 now but the others also have a good chance.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah no.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You are definately underrating Grealish if you think that. Many people are because of the stereotype surrounding English players not being tricky and creative. In this current generation though, England are among the best countries in the world at producing skillfull attacking players. Can any country in the world match up to Sancho, Foden, Maddison, Grealish, Sterling, Rashford, Kane as attacking depth? With players like Saka, Greenwood, Mount, Smith-Rowe there for the future? I am not sure.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Foden starting on a better team not a bigger team... I’m sure he relishes a chance to play for Ac Milan too by that logic. Insanity but anyone surprised?
The most important thing is that he would get the opportunity to be a star and play regular minutes in an important role there, which he isn’t getting at City. City is his boyhood club so history might not matter as much thinking about it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You are definately underrating Grealish if you think that. Many people are because of the stereotype surrounding English players not being tricky and creative. In this current generation though, England are among the best countries in the world at producing skillfull attacking players. Can any country in the world match up to Sancho, Foden, Maddison, Grealish, Sterling, Rashford, Kane as attacking depth? With players like Saka, Greenwood, Mount, Smith-Rowe there for the future? I am not sure.
I'm not underrating Grealish.
I never said english players couldn't be technical.
And yes, plenty of countries match that and some are even much better.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I'm not underrating Grealish.
I never said english players couldn't be technical.
And yes, plenty of countries match that and some are even much better.
The thing about English players was not aimed at you, just a general thought. Plenty of coutries better though? Absolutely not, maybe Argentina, France and Brazil, but no others come close. But how is Aouar better than Grealish? That is a very hard case to make right now. Depends on what attributes you value I guess, Aouar is more all round but Grealish impact on the final third is too good to overlook.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The most important thing is that he would get the opportunity to be a star and play regular minutes in an important role there, which he isn’t getting at City. City is his boyhood club so history might not matter as much thinking about it.
He does have an opportunity and he also does play regular mins. Plus he plays for Pep and not fake pep. Clear choice.

Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He does have an opportunity and he also does play regular mins. Plus he plays for Pep and not fake pep. Clear choice.
He has played less than half of the league minutes this season. Despite being basically a world class player at 20.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Different words in different parts of Germany.
You can spell is Draxler, Gotze, Dahoud, Brandt or Eggestein.

If you hadn't included JoJo this would've been really smoothly done...but now I'm just sad. That kid would've been great if he hadn't lost so many years of development *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad