Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
what's the deal with Lo Celso? I rate him and wouldn't mind Villa having a look at him. Just surprised no team's come in for him yet
There have been a few teams that have shown interest from what I’ve seen. I’ve seen rumors of him not vaccinated but I have no idea how reliable those are.

Reactions: JPBolts

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
what's the deal with Lo Celso? I rate him and wouldn't mind Villa having a look at him. Just surprised no team's come in for him yet
Did great at Spurs until he got an injury and hasn't got back into the team since. Conte especially doesn't seem to like him. Supposedly because he lacks tactical discipline. Should still be able to get a decent fee for him considering how he did at Vilarreal. I'm thinking €25M-30M.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Supposedly Milan and Napoli want Tanganga. Not sure what they see in him. Hope it's a straight sale in that case because I don't see them giving him many minutes if he's eventually leaving.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Raum has started to get linked to Bayern. Still seems like he's most likely to head to BVB if he leaves TSG this summer, but Bayern getting into the running is a very interesting development.

After bringing Diogo Leite in on a loan with an option to buy, Union is getting close to signing Morten Thorsby...Sampdoria reportedly wants 4M and we have now bid 3.5M.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The net spend boys are at it again. LFC sell the other Ben Davies to Rangers for 4m.

Bought for 500k and did not kick a ball for the team.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Supposedly Milan and Napoli want Tanganga. Not sure what they see in him. Hope it's a straight sale in that case because I don't see them giving him many minutes if he's eventually leaving.

He’s probably going to Milan. Not like Napoli are in any position to be picky (ever) but I’d prefer some of the other rumored options over Tanganga so imo Milan can have him

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Inacio is really good but he is small.

He is by no means small. While I won’t say his height is irrelevant, it can be made less so if he has good reach jumping and if he’s a good header of the ball. Also if he is strong it helps too. Puyol was small, Kounde is small, Martinez is small.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulie Gualtieri

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Kimpembe is highly underrated here.
PSG fans on reddit etc don’t seem to be overly high on him.

The French CB that we aren’t chasing is Fofana. We were linked to him last summer and he’s played in the prem. Odd. We’ve had links to every other French CB this summer, somehow.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sport reporting that Spurs are willing to pay 17 million for Depay. That would be great since he came on a Bosman and is getting paid 7 million a season. Another player who as I’ve been saying we don’t need and who would free up a lot of salary space.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Sport reporting that Spurs are willing to pay 17 million for Depay. That would be great since he came on a Bosman and is getting paid 7 million a season. Another player who as I’ve been saying we don’t need and who would free up a lot of salary space.
I'm 99% sure that this is not true. It would've maybe made more sense before Spurs signed Richarlison but not now.

If Spurs are looking to sign more players, reliable journalists are saying it would be another CB (backup for Dier's role) or a creative midfielder.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm 99% sure that this is not true. It would've maybe made more sense before Spurs signed Richarlison but not now.

If Spurs are looking to sign more players, reliable journalists are saying it would be another CB (backup for Dier's role) or a creative midfielder.

Yeah, you’re probably right. My concern is his willingness to leave even if it were true. He’s also been linked as part of the Kounde operation, though of late it’s been other players, and I don’t think he’d go to Sevilla. Spurs I could see if they were indeed for him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He is by no means small. While I won’t say his height is irrelevant, it can be made less so if he has good reach jumping and if he’s a good header of the ball. Also if he is strong it helps too. Puyol was small, Kounde is small, Martinez is small.
Marquinhos isn't tall either.

PSG fans on reddit etc don’t seem to be overly high on him.

The French CB that we aren’t chasing is Fofana. We were linked to him last summer and he’s played in the prem. Odd. We’ve had links to every other French CB this summer, somehow.
PSG fans are torn.
Some people like the shiny new foreign toy. Those are younger PSG fans.
The more experienced love the fact he performs big in big games, that he's underrated, that he's a leader and he spent his entire life in PSG's system.

Reactions: Avs44

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Juventus signing De Ligt turned out awful for them.
They sold him for the price they bought him and paid him as most paid CB in the world while failing in the league every year.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Juventus signing De Ligt turned out awful for them.
They sold him for the price they bought him and paid him as most paid CB in the world while failing in the league every year.
Juventus trying to be the "Galacticos" was a complete failure. Paying a lot of money for Cristiano Ronaldo, de Ligt and free agents like Aaron Ramsey, really set them back.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
if the reports are true that Lewandowski is earning 300k/week. man

I’m guessing it is since he’s supposedly getting 9 million a year net. However, it should be noted that this is only for the first two years of his contract and then his wages go down in the last year or two depending on if those happen (not exactly sure of the options). Also, for comparison, Koulibaly is apparently going to make 10 million per year net with Chelsea, though I’m not sure what the tax difference between the two countries is. Either way, plenty of worse and less productive players on higher wages than Lewandowski will be. And the other clubs linked with would have likely had to have paid him more and he’s taking an approximate 25% wage cut (net) based on what he was making at Bayern.

Speaking of wages:

Curious how much he’ll be making. A bit surprised Bayern shelled out that much with what they should also be paying him. And while I’m not someone who thinks De Ligt is awful, you could have had Saliba’s transfer fee and wages for a full contract with money left over just for that transfer fee alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad