Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Raum has started to get linked to Bayern. Still seems like he's most likely to head to BVB if he leaves TSG this summer, but Bayern getting into the running is a very interesting development.

After bringing Diogo Leite in on a loan with an option to buy, Union is getting close to signing Morten Thorsby...Sampdoria reportedly wants 4M and we have now bid 3.5M.

It makes no sense. He will cost 30m+ and would be purely be used as a backup for Davies.
Even if one of Pavard, Upa or Nianzou gets sold, thats far too expensive for a spot that can be easily filled by moving Hernandez to the left in a back 4.
The more realistic name is Sosa anyways but again that IMO would be just too much money spent on a backup when you are going into a season with Mané and Gnabry as your striking options.

I don't dislike the targets at all that Bayern is going after but I heavily question their strategy behind those targets. Bayern has now spent like 200m on 3 CBs in the last 3 years while being very frugal basically everywhere else and also crying about how financially difficult things have been recently. And IMO that won' even come close to solving their biggest issue which is IMO Kimmich not being strong enough defensively to cover the backline adequately. Maybe Nagelsmann going 3 ATB (hate it) and changing strategy will mitigate that but I am not so sure about it.

De Ligt is a great player but he really is not a need at all unless you want to play a back 3 and even then...

I also don't think BVB can afford Raum. Too expensive. Especially considering that it looks like they will have trouble selling Akanji for decent value.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A Rui Costa quote is being shared in social media but I can't find a decent source on it.
The quote says Rui Costa expected 40M for Nunez and was laughing when Liverpool offered 80.
The Benfica board had a meeting and laughed about it until Costa said "let's ask for 100" only to see their demands met in 24 hours. He added that he had dozens of better players in the Benfica system.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It makes no sense. He will cost 30m+ and would be purely be used as a backup for Davies.
Even if one of Pavard, Upa or Nianzou gets sold, thats far too expensive for a spot that can be easily filled by moving Hernandez to the left in a back 4.
The more realistic name is Sosa anyways but again that IMO would be just too much money spent on a backup when you are going into a season with Mané and Gnabry as your striking options.

I don't dislike the targets at all that Bayern is going after but I heavily question their strategy behind those targets. Bayern has now spent like 200m on 3 CBs in the last 3 years while being very frugal basically everywhere else and also crying about how financially difficult things have been recently. And IMO that won' even come close to solving their biggest issue which is IMO Kimmich not being strong enough defensively to cover the backline adequately. Maybe Nagelsmann going 3 ATB (hate it) and changing strategy will mitigate that but I am not so sure about it.

De Ligt is a great player but he really is not a need at all unless you want to play a back 3 and even then...

I also don't think BVB can afford Raum. Too expensive. Especially considering that it looks like they will have trouble selling Akanji for decent value.

Though I too doubt it will happen but I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Raum would be a backup if you signed him. He's not as explosive as Davies, but he has a better left foot and he's been much more tactically sound. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was an open competition with a 55/45 split that Raum may well come out on top in.

But again, doubt it happens, if he leaves TSG before the WM my bet is it'll be for BVB after they've sold Guerriero & Schulz.

It's less about Kimmich not being able to anchor, just like with Goretzka, it's that you don't want him to because of what he can do for you going forward.

If he's exerting all of his energy shielding a less-than-world-class CB pairing while both FBs bomb forward, he won't have enough left to make his full contribution going forward.

That's why Flick and now Nagelsmann have compensated by either outright using a third CB or by playing a defensive FB to free Kimmich to play the role that he can be more influential in.

I do think nabbing a more defensive 6 like Zakaria to cover for Kimmich would've been great...but that's what Laimer will do for you once his move is finalized. Plus Laimer will also be an upgrade on Pavard as the defensive alternative to Mazraoui at RB.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Casper Nielsen from Union SG to Club Brugge for €5.5M is done.
Kind of a late boomer but got his first call-up for Denmark in March and would have been Union's MVP if not for Deniz Undav getting it because he won top goalscorer.
Gent, Brentford and Lazio were also after him but he chose Brugge to play CL football.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Dubois to Galatasaray is likely now. Price would be 3M.
What happened to him? He would have been a pretty big improvement on United’s RBs.
Raum has started to get linked to Bayern. Still seems like he's most likely to head to BVB if he leaves TSG this summer, but Bayern getting into the running is a very interesting development.

After bringing Diogo Leite in on a loan with an option to buy, Union is getting close to signing Morten Thorsby...Sampdoria reportedly wants 4M and we have now bid 3.5M.
Ah Diogo Leite. FIFA wonder kid that was cheap as hell and always ended up rated around 90.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What happened to him? He would have been a pretty big improvement on United’s RBs.
He frankly didn't progress. May have even regressed.
Guy had an above average technique, good crosser and decent defensively. Now he's overpowered every time, was named captain but had plenty of problems with the fans, is too slow and even his crossing has been disappointing. He also completely fell out of favor when his 18 year old backup was given the chance to show how much better he was (Malo Gusto).

In other news, Leeds and West Ham have inquired about Martin Terrier. Rennes is asking for 40M€.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I want Raum, but I'm skeptical about it also. I think though that the fact that it keeps being mentioned and has not been dropped by the media tells you its still a priority, although an unlikely one to manifest.

I think Akanji was rumored to have strong interest in Italy, but wanted to play in England. His favorite club growing up was United, and he was considered a potential target for them. Now that they've bought Martinez and he won't be going there, I hope his market can move a little faster. There are others that can be sold. I'm not expecting miracles with being able to sell Schulz without paying almost his whole salary and getting no fee, but Guerreiro has value if he's willing to leave. Hazard could probably also be sold.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
According to Kicker, Sky, & Bild, Juve have accepted Bayern's latest offer for de Ligt. 70M + 10M in bonuses.

de Ligt will sign a 5 year contract and join the team for their US tour.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Reliable Milan journalist confirming that they are working on a loan for Tanganga.

I don't like it really. Don't think he'll get to play much for the Serie A Champions. Not saying he should be sold instead, just that he should get a loan where he will get to play much, much more.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Though I too doubt it will happen but I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Raum would be a backup if you signed him. He's not as explosive as Davies, but he has a better left foot and he's been much more tactically sound. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was an open competition with a 55/45 split that Raum may well come out on top in.

Haha, approaching Evilo levels of national homerism there. Raum is a good LB, but he has no business starting over Davies. I also don't see him as more tactically sound, he makes mistakes too defensively.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Haha, approaching Evilo levels of national homerism there. Raum is a good LB, but he has no business starting over Davies. I also don't see him as more tactically sound, he makes mistakes too defensively.

His passport has nothing to do with him playing better football than Davies over the past 12-18 months :dunno:

Just like Raum can't match Davies' athleticism, Davies can't match Raum's deliveries or passing, and Davies has been making a lot more mistakes over the past season or two.

Reactions: Gecklund

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice and Marcus Thuram are rumored to have come to terms; transfer fee is said to be in the 10-15M range. Although there were previously reports that they can trigger a clause in Thuram's contract to automatically extend it through 2024, and after losing Embolo they may not want to sell Thuram.

Nottingham are reportedly making a lot of headway on signing Orel Mangala after running into a roadblock with Aster Vranckx. I don't rate Richards much or know a lot about the rest of their squad, but Awoniyi, Niakhate, & Mangala is some nifty business.

Last edited:

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
A Rui Costa quote is being shared in social media but I can't find a decent source on it.
The quote says Rui Costa expected 40M for Nunez and was laughing when Liverpool offered 80.
The Benfica board had a meeting and laughed about it until Costa said "let's ask for 100" only to see their demands met in 24 hours. He added that he had dozens of better players in the Benfica system.
I've been trying to find this but haven't seen it anywhere...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I've been trying to find this but haven't seen it anywhere...

Found it a dozen times on Twitter just yesterday but as I said, not from recognized sources and it seems really weird.
It is not weird, it's fabricated... new goal from Manchester fans have been to make fun at Nunez at every opportunity. It's a bit quite deranged but I guess Nunez is their obsession now that he turned them down for LFC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad